Speculation: 2013-14 Trade rumors and proposals - Part II

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Honestly though, we could play Lindback for the rest of the season and we will probably clinch playoffs in spite of goaltending. Mise well do it and give Bishop a rest.

this only works if that were to actually help Bishop get healthy. Also, you have to factor in not letting Bishop get rusty before the playoffs roll around.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
this only works if that were to actually help Bishop get healthy. Also, you have to factor in not letting Bishop get rusty before the playoffs roll around.

This. If next season may be in jeopardy for Bishop, what is 2 weeks going to do? He had 3 weeks off for the Olympic break and it didn't help. At this point it's really a lose-lose.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He was 18-16 with a 2.50 GAA and .910 save %, good numbers but not great. We also got lucky with not having to face Malkin or Crosby in the 1st round. He played great in some big games but we had a strong team too.

Giguere has put up numbers better then Lindback but not to the extent where we need to go out and get him. Colorado traded for a goalie at the deadline because they didn't think he was worth bringing back and he might retire anyway so this all wouldn't matter.

Those are pretty ideal numbers for a backup. Add in Giguere's wealth of experience and you have a guy who could be a great counterpart for Bishop.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This. If next season may be in jeopardy for Bishop, what is 2 weeks going to do? He had 3 weeks off for the Olympic break and it didn't help. At this point it's really a lose-lose.

We can't fix the injury, but there's also a fatigue issue. I think we should play Bishop in the big games, like tonight, but we should be going with Lindback when facing a team we should beat (even if we're not playing like that right now).

Playoff math after realignment is a lot different. We've been pretty secure for a little while now, even if we haven't technically clinched.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Those are pretty ideal numbers for a backup. Add in Giguere's wealth of experience and you have a guy who could be a great counterpart for Bishop.

For a backup yes but that was as the starter and wasn't numbers that made me think we should go with him as the starter.

Lindback hasn't had his best season but he's been thrown in against Boston a couple of times and Pittsburgh, if he could get a 30 save shutout his next outing it'll bring his numbers into a respectable range. He's shown flashes of being a capable backup, and he hasn't looked like a dumpster fire out there either.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
For a backup yes but that was as the starter and wasn't numbers that made me think we should go with him as the starter.

Lindback hasn't had his best season but he's been thrown in against Boston a couple of times and Pittsburgh, if he could get a 30 save shutout his next outing it'll bring his numbers into a respectable range. He's shown flashes of being a capable backup, and he hasn't looked like a dumpster fire out there either.

He also played some weak teams too and hasn't looked too great. His best game this year was the last game against Pittsburgh. Enough excuses for the guy. He had some tough opponents and he had some easy opponents. His numbers speak for themselves. Bish has had tough competition and been battling injury and fatigue and still looks better than Lindback. The amount of Lindback apologists is too damn high!

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
its pain management dude, if it cant really get worse you still start him

I torn my rotator cuff playing in my own beer leagues. Took a month off and started playing again without surgery. My arm isn't a hundred percent, but I can still play near the level I could before. Some times during the game I get a sharp ping of pain, but what the hell can't afford surgery. So I get it from Bishops perspective, he wants to play. This is his first time being in the playoffs with HIS team. He wants this, I get it. Let him have it, after wards get the proper surgery he needs and comes back next season. Still, we fatigue is a factor, and I would rather that not be against him, especially during his first post season, and for the rest of the young guys for that matter. We need Bishop to be well.....Bishop. He will be hard pressed to be that if he is beat to all hell from playing every night. Time to give Lindy some starts, we are essentially just waiting for the playoffs, the Montreal match up is about all guaranteed.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Yotes fan back with another hopefully "makes too much sense for both teams it won't happen" offer. :)

This time, how about Z. Michalek for Killorn + Connolly/Panik?

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yotes fan back with another hopefully "makes too much sense for both teams it won't happen" offer. :)

This time, how about Z. Michalek for Killorn + Connolly/Panik?

Way too much for a 31 year old who'll have only 1 year left on his contract after the season. We would prefer younger, what would it take for Murphy?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Way too much for a 31 year old who'll have only 1 year left on his contract after the season. We would prefer younger, what would it take for Murphy?

Murphy is much more unlikely to be moved before Stone. The Bolts should certainly have the time and the cap space to extend Z as well.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Murphy is much more unlikely to be moved before Stone. The Bolts should certainly have the time and the cap space to extend Z as well.

Sure we can resign him but we aren't giving up that much for him. Think closer to what you gave Pittsburgh. We can do whichever 2nd between ours and the Rangers is later + Panik for Z + 5th?

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Sure we can resign him but we aren't giving up that much for him. Think closer to what you gave Pittsburgh. We can do whichever 2nd between ours and the Rangers is later + Panik for Z + 5th?

Pittsburgh was handicapped by Z's NTC (which, at the time, he'd waive only for Ottawa or Phoenix) and the desire to clear up cap space to be in on the Parise/Suter sweepstakes. Maloney doesn't face the same constraints as there are now only 8 teams Z has in his no-trade list.

Honestly, I doubt we're moving Z as he's our best SAH defender and if a trade will be conducted between Tampa and Phoenix, it'll probably be centered on Stone. Just wanted to gauge Z's value. :)

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
A trade I just came up with, but I will not post in on the main boards cause I am not 100% sure how good the player is.

Teddy Purcell to CLB for David Savard and a 2nd/ 3rd

Savard is a 23 year old right handed shutdown defender, he plays on their third pair (averaging 18min), but considering their depth at the blue line I am not sure how good he actually is.
Anyways considering he is that young he should still have potential to get better and quit many players make huge steps (in both directions) when they get to a new team.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Columbus fans are pretty high on Savard. He'd be much more coveted around these parts (HFBoards) on just about any other team. I doubt they'd trade Savard plus anything for Purcell tbh.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
A trade I just came up with, but I will not post in on the main boards cause I am not 100% sure how good the player is.

Teddy Purcell to CLB for David Savard and a 2nd/ 3rd

Savard is a 23 year old right handed shutdown defender, he plays on their third pair (averaging 18min), but considering their depth at the blue line I am not sure how good he actually is.
Anyways considering he is that young he should still have potential to get better and quit many players make huge steps (in both directions) when they get to a new team.

Savard isn't a shutdown defender, he's a RH version of Barberio. At least that's what he was in juniors, haven't followed him closely, he may have improved his D but don't think to a shutdown extent. We can't get Barberio minutes so not sure Savard would see much time.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Columbus fans are pretty high on Savard. He'd be much more coveted around these parts (HFBoards) on just about any other team. I doubt they'd trade Savard plus anything for Purcell tbh.

They don't count him to their core group and they are willing to trade defense for offense.. I might give this trade a try on the main boards

Savard isn't a shutdown defender, he's a RH version of Barberio. At least that's what he was in juniors, haven't followed him closely, he may have improved his D but don't think to a shutdown extent. We can't get Barberio minutes so not sure Savard would see much time.

He seems to be quit decent defensivly, having just 6 give aways all season long, he also gets regular playing time without getting points (13 this season) while CLB has promising guys down in the AHL that are ready (Erixon), so he should be quit decent. Maybe we could revive his offense and would get a pretty decent two-way defender out of him.
IMO at least worth a try and I would be okay with him and and a pick for Purcell, at least its better than a later first for Purcell.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Oh theres fatigue for sure, don't kid yourselves

I didn't see your response earlier, but it's fatigue I was getting at when referring to the constant back-to-backs that Bishop is being put up to the task to. I'm not advocating him getting shutdown or whatever; he's going to play injury or not and that's just the way things are going to be, but in any case playing his much is just begging to wear him out.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I didn't see your response earlier, but it's fatigue I was getting at when referring to the constant back-to-backs that Bishop is being put up to the task to. I'm not advocating him getting shutdown or whatever; he's going to play injury or not and that's just the way things are going to be, but in any case playing his much is just begging to wear him out.

I know dude, and its worrying

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Why, why trade him for nothing at his lowest value, we know he has more in the tank, you don't give up on a guy after one rough year

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Personally I'm hoping he goes beast mode in the playoffs again and his value skyrockets because of that. Think Joel ward. And then we trade him for something at the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad