Prospect Info: 2013-14 Prospect Updates: The Start of the Jim Nill Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

The production is nice, but obviously pretty meaningless because it's the preseason.

I knew you'd be excited though about what the coach said. That really got me excited honestly. Plus, you got to love Sinitsyn's attitude about getting better.

I do expect to see him in junior two seasons for the same reason the team gave as why Vance is playing an overage season. I love hearing that Sinitsyn is throwing some big hits too.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Did Bystrom just yell at an official or something? Sock him in the jaw? Both!?

Can't tell you for sure. Could have been as simple as the ref tried to pull him into the box or away from a scrum and Bystrom pushed his hand away.

I doubt it's anything serious. Does show some immaturity though. He needs to be on the ice not out of the game because of his mouth or actions.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
The production is nice, but obviously pretty meaningless because it's the preseason.

I knew you'd be excited though about what the coach said. That really got me excited honestly. Plus, you got to love Sinitsyn's attitude about getting better.

Yeah I think the coaches comments are the more important part, instead of the production.

I do expect to see him in junior two seasons for the same reason the team gave as why Vance is playing an overage season. I love hearing that Sinitsyn is throwing some big hits too.
Yeah thats a distinct possibility. he's still roughly 1.5-2 years behind the rest of his draft class when it comes to games played. Just him playing in most of Regina's games this season should be viewed as a success.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He's alive!

J Fishpaw ‏@FishpawWriting

Long way to go to prove he can stay healthy, @DallasStars Brenden Troock plays back to back pre-season games.

EDIT: Dope .... Branden

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
North Bay and Peterborough placed in the OHL pre-season tonight. Paulovic's Pete's were shutout 2-0, by Paul and the Battalion. Paul had been playing center this pre-season, but he was on the RW tonight.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Can't tell you for sure. Could have been as simple as the ref tried to pull him into the box or away from a scrum and Bystrom pushed his hand away.

I doubt it's anything serious. Does show some immaturity though. He needs to be on the ice not out of the game because of his mouth or actions.

I like it. He'll make good use of his time here in Austin whenever that may be. Need to have some grit and get hot-headed occasionally.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Updates on Dallas' CHL players last night:

In Maxime Lagacé's (FA) first game of the pre-season for Cape Breton, he stops 30 or 34 shots last night in a 4-1 loss @DallasStars

Guelph Storm ‏@Storm_City

@jdickinson_11 screeches past the Barrie D, in all alone, goes the backhand, deflected wide! SO close! #PressuresOn #StormCity

Jason Dickinson ('13 1st) dropped the gloves in a 5-2 loss for Guelph (OHL).

Saginaw Spirit ‏@SpiritHockey

Saginaw Spirit powerplay GOAL scored by #64 Cody Payne assisted by #17 Kristoff Kontos and #83 Brandon Prophet! Spirit 3-Sting 3 #GoSpiritGo

The London Knights ‏@GoLondonKnights

First scoring opportunity of the night coming on a good rush from the Marner, Macdonald, @Remi_Elie line. #EarlyAttack #KnightsTalk

A big neutral zone hit by @Remi_Elie leads the boys to their first of the night on a point blast from Gazdic! #DefenseToOffense #KnightsTalk

SCORESSSS!!! Nice puck movement finished off by a @Remi_Elie #clapper in the high slot. We now sit at 5-3 Plymouth. #KnightsTalk

Brenden Troock ('12 5th) picked up 2 assists in Seattle loss last night.

Troock ('12 5th) got puck behind the net, backhanded it into the slot to Honey. Honey beat Lotz low for the goal. http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/article/tips-sneak-past-t-birds …

More from above link:
The T-Birds took a 2-1 lead with just over a minute left in the game. Branden Troock chased down a Seattle dump in behind the Everett net. Troock tapped the puck to Connor Honey who brought the puck out from behind the Everett net on the left side. Honey centered to Delnov in the left circle. Delnov attempted to pass the puck across the slot to a wide open Troock, but an Everett defenseman blocked the pass. The puck came right back to Delnov and he had an open net to shoot at as Lotz was moving across the crease on the pass attempt. Delnov buried the puck to get his fourth goal of the preseason.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Updates on the Euro players:

Niklas Hansson ('13 3rd) with Rögle in HockeyAllsvenskan started the season in a loss on the 3rd D pair on Thursday

Emil Molin ('11 4th) found himself on Brynäs' 4th line again, but unlike years past he played a respectable 12:00 in the 3-1 win.

Ludwig Bystrom ('12 2nd) played 18:13 on Färjestad's 3rd pair. He had 1 shot, 1 wide shot, was +1, and registered a hit in yesterday's loss.

Esa Lindell ('12 3rd) has been loaned to Kiekko-Vantaa of Mestis. They've played two games, but I'm having a difficult time finding stats.

Henri Kiviaho ('12 5th) has served as the backup goalie for KalPa in both SM Liiga games.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Afternoon action in the OHL, Nick Paul (North Bay) and Matej Paulovic (Peterborough) faceoff.

Peterborough Petes ‏@PetesOHLhockey

And Matej Paulovic (@mpaulovic) makes it 2-0 with 11 minutes to go in the first #GoPetesGo

Mark Pare ‏@MarkLPare

Petes come out flying in 2nd, Ritchie completes hattie with shot in slot that O'Neill may want back and then Paulovic's 2nd on breakaway...

Mark Pare ‏@MarkLPare

Paulovic completes his hat trick off a rebound with around five minutes to go here in Temiscaming. Score now 6-2...

Ritchie = Brett Ritchie's younger brother Nick

2014 NHL draft watch — LW Nick Ritchie is an early candidate to be a top-10 pick after averaging nearly a point per game an injury-disrupted sophomore season

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I thought Elie sucked though? (kinda sarcasm)

He better score a goal with the amount of time he played last night. Knights had 14 skaters in the game due to all our player being at NHL camps. Since he was the only one who suited up for the knights regularly last season playing in the game, he got about 30 minutes of ice time I would guess.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Sinitsyn played an afternoon WHL game:

Dmitry Sinitsyn ('12 7th) picked up a PP assist for Regina (WHL) in a 6-3 loss.

"On a late powerplay, Dmitry Sinitsyn made a fantastic heads-up pass down low to Adam Brooks. ..."

"From there, Brooks found Geordie Maguire wide open, backdoor for the Pats’ third goal." http://www.reginapats.com/article/pats-drop-final-pre-season-game-to-wheat-kings

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Still can't find decent stats from the two games Esa Lindell played, but he has a goal and an assist. The goal came in a 4-1 win on Friday.

Jokipakka

Jun 19, 2013
Turku
Still can't find decent stats from the two games Esa Lindell played, but he has a goal and an assist. The goal came in a 4-1 win on Friday.

He was also chosen as the second star of the match!

Mestis is currently reforming stats pages. Should be available soon.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
He was also chosen as the second star of the match!

Mestis is currently reforming stats pages. Should be available soon.

Thanks for that note. I was thinking I was crazy trying to navigate that website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad