Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Seeing what Bennett has done to Bunting, Knies, and Marchand, it's not inconceivable to say he crosses the line at times. He's no Matt Cooke, but cheap shots are in his vocabulary.
We all know the history of Marchand, licking, low bridging Sammy Salo(most dangerous thing he ever did, BTW), So those that choose to revel in his being injured. Go ahead, he living proof of what comes around goes around. Bennett some day feel Karma as well.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
That’s the playoffs for you.
Fine, but then don’t pretend it’s not. But I get it - Bruins fan are all just all butt-hurt because the Bruins are no longer the Big Bad Bruins of old. I mean that sincerely - we are all butt-hurt because of that lol. Still, I like physical, tough hockey, not cheap shot hockey (but I know, I know, Marchand yada yada yada).

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think it's clear that it was Bennett's fist into Marchand's face that caused the injury. I don't see how it could be from the impact of the hit. They go shoulder on shoulder and while Bennett tucks his shoulder in, he's not braced for contact and is very upright on his skates.

Whether fist-to-the-face was intentional or not. We'll never know. I think it could be argued either way.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
No one likes whataboutism and whining about double standards, but if Marchand suckerpunched someone and knocked them out for the series with a concussion, he'd be getting a 7 game suspension.

Reactions: BB79 and bme44

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
He obviously got punched in the face.
It was a missed call for sure. It’s playoffs. No use whining an about it. Just need to cheap shot bennet or tkachuk and hope they get injured in response
Yeah cheap shot Bennett and Tkachuk over a nothing play. Tell Marchand to get a little tougher lmao.

No one likes whataboutism and whining about double standards, but if Marchand suckerpunched someone and knocked them out for the series with a concussion, he'd be getting a 7 game suspension.
Unfortunately for you Bennett doesn’t do that.

• Haha
Reactions: KrugAvoy

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Dislike the Bruins and Marchand a lot, it’s a dirty play by a dirty player who’s done the exact same thing before and knows what he’s doing. (Pretty strange you can’t refer to past incident imo, but digress)

If the league won’t do anything about it, the Bruins should take matters into their own hands

Reactions: BB79

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
He obviously got punched in the face.
It was a missed call for sure. It’s playoffs. No use whining an about it. Just need to cheap shot bennet or tkachuk and hope they get injured in response
Missed calls happen every game.

They had all game to go after Bennett and/or Tkachuk.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
You got very technical and said he released his stick to clearly punch him, but after further review, clearly he didn't.

Just letting you know, you might be seeing what you want to see.
You should go back and read again carefully

At no point did I make the statement that he released his stick, but keep the strawman going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad