Prospect Info: 2013-14 Prospect Updates: The Start of the Jim Nill Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
How has Nichushkin looked in training camp/preseason?

I'm interested to see if he'll be able to make the jump right into the NHL.

Without saying it, the Stars brass IMO have put off a vibe that they don't want to see this kid going back to Russia.

In a recent podcast, Ruff said he's shown he can play and perform well against NHLers, but he stopped short of giving him a roster spot.

I think we'd all be surprised if he doesn't spend the year in the NHL, but that doesn't mean he won't struggle some during 82 games in an NHL season. I think we could see him wear down as the season wears on, but he's done nothing but prove he's committed and ready for the NHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Kitchener beat writer with 10 thoughts on the Rangers:

Who will lead the team in scoring?

Rangers fans need to send a thank-you card to the Dallas Stars. New general manager Jim Nill wants Radek Faksa to return to Kitchener for one more season. Things can change, but it makes sense for the Czech import to skate at the Aud after an injury-plagued campaign that saw him miss 29 games due to fatigue and a knee strain. The 19-year-old is the team's biggest offensive threat and will centre the club's top line. In that scenario, Faksa should be good for 30-plus goals.

What will the top line look like?

As mentioned, Faksa takes centre spot. But there are a few options for his wingmen with overagers Ben Thomson and Eric Ming among them. Thomson has spent time on the top unit over the past two seasons. Ming has a history playing alongside Faksa while upstarts Brent Pedersen and Justin Bailey may also see a promotion. Rookie Nick Magyar has seen top line duty for most of the pre-season and had three points in the team's final friendly. Centre Matia Marcantuoni has played wing before and is a consideration.

Love that this is the pic they used for the story:
B821355101Z.1_20130919075413_000_GBF12O8K2.2_Content.jpg

That's my favorite of Faksa. They mentioned it was a goal against Guelph, but if IIRC it was also his first goal back from the knee injury. Pure joy ....

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Piqued, you're still going to do CHL/NCAA score/stat updates, right?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I'm not sure honestly... I was leaning toward no. My will to do that kind of thing was sort of sapped this summer by Winkler's death and some of the trades. There's only so many times your favorite prospect can be shipped out. I don't even know how many CHL players are in the system at the moment, but it feels like a lot. Maybe I'll just do college where the games end at a better time.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
This an epic thread and the amount of work and commitment it takes must be diificult, but we all appreciate the work that piqued puts into it!

Also....Looking forward to Matej Paulovic and Dmitry Sinitsyn being in action tonight as the OHL and WHL start their seasons.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'm not sure honestly... I was leaning toward no. My will to do that kind of thing was sort of sapped this summer by Winkler's death and some of the trades. There's only so many times your favorite prospect can be shipped out. I don't even know how many CHL players are in the system at the moment, but it feels like a lot. Maybe I'll just do college where the games end at a better time.

There's a ton.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I was going to look it up, but off the top of my head ....

QMJHL: Philippe Desrosiers, Maxime Lagace, and Troy Vance

OHL: Radek Faksa, Gemel Smith, Jason Dickinson, Remi Elie, Nick Paul, Matej Paulovic

WHL: Mike Winther, Brenden Troock, Dmitry Sinitsyn, Cole Ully

I think that is all of them.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
That's a bit crazy though ... Dallas hasn't stayed away from the OHL or anything, but the WHL was always the top CHL league in the organization. I know Nill has already drafted heavily out of the OHL, and those 4 Ontario guys in this one draft really made the OHL big dog in Dallas' prospect pool.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Molin didn't dress for today's game because he was sick. Reasonable he was sick last game, but I couldn't find a report saying he was other than about today's game.

Klingberg and Bystrom faced off, and Klingberg scored a PP goal playing over 20 minutes in the game. Bystrom played just over 13 minutes which was still 4th among all D.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Hey BigG44, where do you get your in-game stats for the SHL? I'm looking at the League website and can't find all that info...of course if I could read it I might be able too. :)

Good for Klingberg, btw.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Google translate. I just make sure to go into Chrome when I want to look up SM Liiga or SHL stuff.

Click on Matches after it translates, and that's the easiest way if it's not game day. If it's game day, you just click on the logo of the teams you want to track.

Frolunda is an Indian wearing a headdress, Molin's team is Black and Gold, and Bystrom's team is Green and Gold.

The stuff in Allsvenskan isn't as detailed. You'd be better off just going to stats.swehockey.se. It's much easier to navigate and you get the same info. The benefit of the SHL website is you sometimes get in-game comments and you get TOI after the game ends.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Google translate. I just make sure to go into Chrome when I want to look up SM Liiga or SHL stuff.

Click on Matches after it translates, and that's the easiest way if it's not game day. If it's game day, you just click on the logo of the teams you want to track.

Frolunda is an Indian wearing a headdress, Molin's team is Black and Gold, and Bystrom's team is Green and Gold.

The stuff in Allsvenskan isn't as detailed. You'd be better off just going to stats.swehockey.se. It's much easier to navigate and you get the same info. The benefit of the SHL website is you sometimes get in-game comments and you get TOI after the game ends.

Awesome, thanks!

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Cody Payne (obviously fueled by the rage of me overlooking him earlier) scores the first goal for a Dallas prospect in the CHL.

He scores on the PP to tie the game 1-1 for Saginaw.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
The good news, the Pete's 18 skaters (including Matej Paulovic) scored 4 goals tonight. Paulovic didn't factor into the scoring.

The bad news, Kingston's 15 skaters scored 11 goals.

Rough start to the regular season for the Pete's.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Cody Payne did score 2 goals today for Saginaw but his team fell 7-4 to Barrie.

Saginaw was able to tie the game at 1, 2, and 4, before Barrie scored 3 unanswered goals including an empty net goal to end the game.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Pats now down 4-2

Regina Pats ‏@WHLpats

The Pats get one back as Maguire tallies his second of the game! Sinitsyn picks up his first point as a Pat on the goal. #patchat #gopatsgo

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not staying up for the end of this one, but Regina is already down 7-2.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Night at least didn't get worse. Regina loses 7-2, and Sinitsyn picks up his first career WHL point with a primary assist on the PP. He was only on the ice for 1 of the 5 even strength goals against.

Prospect of the night would obviously fall to Payne who scored 2 goals, but pretty much every team with a Dallas prospect had a pedestrian outing last night.

Huge number a games tonight. I didn't confirm 100% yet, but I think every CHL prospect might be in action tonight.

Kiviaho plays this morning/afternoon, and so does Lindell.

FYI ... I'm not going to do tables like piqued did nightly. We know Mark will consistently provide stats every week so I'll just post those when they are available. I'll try and get tweets from every prospects team though, and I'm re-tweeting scoring updates that involve Dallas players. I'm pretty scared about tonight .... lol. I started following every junior prospect's team. When 4 or 5 of them played on a night in pre-season, my feed got slammed.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Regina highlights including Sinitsyn's assist ... A.K.A. as adult viewing material to LT.

1:40 - Sinitsyn makes what at first looks like a great defensive play on the puck, but somehow the forward drags the puck around him and scores. IDK that the coach would be disappointed with his decision there. I don't think most players are going to make that play.

3:00 - Passes from the left point through the middle of the ice to a wide open forward on the right side of the net. Did he look like the biggest player on the ice there for Regina to anyone else during the group hug? I know he's listed at 6'2" and over 200 lbs.

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Stars Prospects in CHL Action tonight:

WHL:
C Mike Winther (Prince Albert Raiders) @ Saskatoon
LW Cole Ully (Kamloops Blazers) vs. Kelowna

OHL:
LW Remi Elie (London Knights) vs. Plymouth
RW Cody Payne (Saginaw Spirit) @ Kitchener
C Nick Paul (North Bay Battalion) @ Kingston
C Gemel Smith (Owen Sound Attack) @ Mississauga