2012 Canada - Russia Challenge - Halifax, NS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

Rosters look pretty lopsided in Canada's favor. If Russia wins this thing, it will be because of goaltending.

Would love to hear your expert opinion on the Russian roster.

Oh wait, you haven't seen probably 90% of the play. Never mind.

Toydarian

Jun 2, 2009
Regardless, I'm just stoked for hockey in August. Before I speak though, are any of the major Canadian TV sports channels broadcasting the games?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I'd love to take my daughter out to see these games. I'm not paying $176 for tickets though. I also wouldn't want to keep her up that late back to back nights. Hell, I've got to work in the morning, I don't even want to be out that late two nights in a row. And I'm certainly not paying for two games if we are only going to one.

Oh wait, I see you've already decided stuff like money and time have nothing to do with it. It's all MacKinnon then.

Finally, considering that Halifax is the city that raised the WJC to a whole other level - essentially ensuring that we will never be able to host it again - I somehow doubt that slow ticket sales for a two game WJC tune-up in the middle of August is going to hurt the city's reputation.

As far as I know it's exactly a half of this money.

CrosKinnon

May 24, 2012
Cole Harbour
As far as I know it's exactly a half of this money.

He has to buy two sets of tickets, one for himself and one set for his daughter, that number is correct.

I bought my tickets a week before they went on sale (Moosehead season ticket holders got early access) I've been looking forward to this ever since I bought the tickets. Dissapointed Nate isn't playing, but there is too much talent to not be excited.

Fulcrum

i guess that has to do with it being in Yaroslav? want to give something back..

also, junior games in Russia probably wouldn't sell much otherwise?

Yes, supply & demand at work here. Also ave. salary in that region is $500-$1000/month..

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wonder if Ouellet can make the team. I like his chances and the kid is definitely good but that defense is stacked. Cutting 3 D from that to get down to Z I would probably cut:

Pelech
Reinhart
Dumba

Thats based on age and need. Dumabs skill set isnt really needed with Murphy, Reilly etc.

But I will be curious to see how Reilly looks after missing so much time last year

Macman

May 15, 2004
Wonder if Ouellet can make the team. I like his chances and the kid is definitely good but that defense is stacked. Cutting 3 D from that to get down to Z I would probably cut:

Pelech
Reinhart
Dumba

Thats based on age and need. Dumabs skill set isnt really needed with Murphy, Reilly etc.

But I will be curious to see how Reilly looks after missing so much time last year

I don't think they're cutting anybody. This is the roster for the series.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Single-game tickets are now available, according to Hockey Canada site.

17Kurri

Apr 10, 2010
Don't know about a stream but they always have highlights on their site after games.

I'm guessing they'll probably have a video on demand replay available. They tend to do it for many Team Canada events.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
On the RUSSKIE roster --D-man ALEXEI SHESTOPALOV 6'5 242 lbs---undrafted (B. Sep 30,'93)...where did he come from? Not on any radar I've heard of --I think he had a growth spurt-was just 6'2 187 a couple of years ago --got to 6'6 220 last year and now I guess he's eating like a Byfuglien...

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
when does the "pre-tournament" warm-up start? Presumably they're not showing up for the first time for game 1. Anyone know where/when initial practices will be?

Fulcrum

when does the "pre-tournament" warm-up start? Presumably they're not showing up for the first time for game 1. Anyone know where/when initial practices will be?

Not sure about Canada, but Russia is getting together tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad