2004 Draft - stock increase/decrease

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm not happy with Sprunger's development last year.

And I agree with Me...though our 2005 draft was a disaster...

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
McGrath is a lot better than a 128th pick. Bad luck to have his worst year prior to the draft (good luck for the Wings though).

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Columbus:

Alex Picard - down slightly. Solid and productive in juniors last year. First pro season has been bumpy and inury-filled. Looked good in a handful of games with the Jackets before he got his mellon smushed. He's been out with a concussion.

Adam Pineault - up. Projected 1st rounder who dropped because of a rough freshman year in BC. Done well in juniors, though struggled with injuries. Looked good in rookie camp and training camp for the Jackets. Legit shot to make the big club next year.

Kyle Wharton - even. Solid defenseman. Does what he does.

Dan Lacosta - up. Having a killer year right now.

Andrei Plehanov - :dunno: Who knows? I haven't heard a thing about this guy since the Jackets drafted him.

Petr Pohl - up.

Rest of the draft. :dunno:

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Wings:

97 C Johan Franzen The guys is the wings current 3rd liner, 2nd line PK unit. Plays with great speed, skill, grit, and knowledge. Smart guy, should be around for a while, hes the type of 3rd liner that makes winners. This is about where he should have been drafted for his type of potential.

128 C Evan McGrath Brillant pick. This kid is ripping apart the OHL. Having what hopefully will end up being a career year and show redwing scouts that hes ready for the AHL next year. Hes more then likely a few years away from the NHL, but has all the tools needed to play on the wings in a few years, lets just hope he might be able to play wing, its gonna be hard playing the 2nd line unit centerman spot with others in competition. Large riser!!

151 D Siarhei Kolasau Bruising hard hitting defnesemen. Exactly what the wings need on that blueline. His hitting up the UHL right now, the kid is a hell of a hitter, in the mold of a low class, not as good vladdy but i think you get the point, hell beat that ***. If he keeps it up, riser, if not this was a good spot for him

162 C Tyler Haskins The kid had a bad year last year. Hes now up there in scoring. Hes playing great, doing it all for his club. He might be looking at getting a chance at earning a contract and with detroit having good luck with the farm, id say sign the kid, itll only make grand rapids that much stronger. He needs another year to show this one is no flukke, if it isnt, huge riser then.

192 L Anton Axelsson Plays just like his brother, some scouts ive read say hes got more of a offensive game, while his brother is more defensive. They both play a simular style and dont forget the wings have great success for drafting swedes. More then likely this kid will be a NHL gamer sometime in the future, great 3rd liner more then likely. Riser, dont believe me, go2 rwc and read what they said about him this week

226 R Steve Covington not impressed, know nothing about him but besides i dont think the wings picked him up at all, i believe hes gone, so be it. Dropper

257 R Gennady Stolyarov He was drafted due to potential long term wise. Hes shown little IMHO, so this is a good spot for a boom or bust, so ill probably go with the bust part on this one but hopefully not.

290 D Nils Backstrom I know nothing about him... duno

MichaelK

Mar 13, 2004
MePutPuckInNet said:
12/ AJ Thelen
42/ Roman Voloshenko
78/ Peter Olvecky
79/ Calyton Stoner
111/ Ryan Jones
114/ Patrick Bordeleau
117/ Julien Sprunger
161/ Jean Claude Sawyer
175/ Aaron Boogaard
195/ Jean-Michel Rizk
206/ Anton Khudobin
272/ Kyle Wilson

-I looked at this list and my immediate reaction is: WHAT A PILE OF CRAP! [with the exception of Voloshenko and possibly Thelen and Olvecky, of course] :badidea:

Kyle Wilson has definitely been playing much better than the 272nd pick

Transported Upstater

Belizarius said:
Devils :
20 C Travis Zajac
Solid 2-way player in North Dakota, great the 1st year, more defensive role the 2nd. Great pick, as predicted. Same.

155 D Alexander Mikhailishin
Currently injured. Down.

185 G Josh Disher
NJ wanted to sign him after training camp but he didn't want. Returned to OHL, inconsistant. With the play of Doyle, Frazee, Smith, don't know what are the plans for him. Same.

216 L Pierre-Luc Letourneau
Currently in UHL... enforcer. Same.

217 D Tyler Eckford
UP!!!! Big season in BCHL, offensive defenseman. Great start in NCAA with Alaska Fairbanks.

250 R Nathan Perkovich
Slightly up. Pick came out of nowhere. 3rd in team scoring (Chicago USHL), tough and good on PP. Commited to St Lawrence, still a project.

282 D Valeri Klimov
Starting to play a lot in Russia, good pick. UP.

You mean Pierre-Luc Leblond-Letourneau? The Human Hyphen Machine?

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
MePutPuckInNet said:
12/ AJ Thelen
42/ Roman Voloshenko
78/ Peter Olvecky
79/ Calyton Stoner
111/ Ryan Jones
114/ Patrick Bordeleau
117/ Julien Sprunger
161/ Jean Claude Sawyer
175/ Aaron Boogaard
195/ Jean-Michel Rizk
206/ Anton Khudobin
272/ Kyle Wilson

-I looked at this list and my immediate reaction is: WHAT A PILE OF CRAP! [with the exception of Voloshenko and possibly Thelen and Olvecky, of course] :badidea:

Stoner has looked like a pretty good pick.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Considering the junior tournament, did your opinion changed on some players?

Personnaly, I was impressed by Mtl D-man Yemelin, but that is only cause I live in Montreal and I didn't follow the tournament.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Kafka said:
Considering the junior tournament, did your opinion changed on some players?

Personnaly, I was impressed by Mtl D-man Yemelin, but that is only cause I live in Montreal and I didn't follow the tournament.

For the Oilers I would say Schremp down and Paukovich up.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Frenzy1 said:
2nd. Carl Soderberg - UP - leads the tier two in points. Hope the Blues bring him over next year.

:bow: :bow:

Söderberg is dominating. Just saw him in a 2-3 loss wherer he was the best player on the ice. He is going to be a true force to be reckoned with in the NHL.
Frenzy1 said:
7. David Fredrikson - Neutral - Big forward w/ limited scoring potential.
I´d say up. He is a good twowayplayer who has been playing constantly among three lines in one of the strongest teams in SEL. He´s been doing great imo.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
superroyain10 said:
Jason Churchill- Has not done anything to overly impress me. Wasn't he supposedly the best goalie in the QMJHL when drafted? He has steadily improved, and he has shown a lot of potential, but he has not done anything to justify an increase or decrease in his stock.
His draft year was also his rookie year in the Q. He wasnt the best goalie when you picked him. But he was a surprise out of camp stealing the #1 job from 2003 3rd rd Tampa Bay pick, Jon Boutin. I think his stock is still the same though. I think SJ will sign him this summer.

Waveburner

Sep 22, 2002
Koltsov said:
Canucks:
254.)David Schulz-Down Down Down (never should've been picked, bust before he was even drafted)

***? He's a defensive d-man with NHL size and skating. I would say he is doing fine for an 8th round pick. He's not a bust yet, and looked quite solid at Rookie Camp. No one expected any offense from him, and I would say steady forward progress from an 8th round pick should not cause them to drop. I think he would go right around the same area if they did the draft again. He was not a bust before even being drafted. Obviously he's a long shot but all 8th round picks are. He might not be flying up the prospect charts like Hansen is but that shouldn't be enough to say his stock has gone down the crapper. Otherwise I agree with your comments.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
An Ape called Yoko said:
:bow: :bow:

Söderberg is dominating. Just saw him in a 2-3 loss wherer he was the best player on the ice. He is going to be a true force to be reckoned with in the NHL.
Since we don't get to see him here in North America, who in the NHL would you compare Söderberg to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad