GDT: #20| Flames at FLYERS | Sat. Nov. 18, 1:00 pm ET | SN1, SNE, SNO, SNP, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Ghost has actually upped his physicality around the boards this year. Guys don't have a free trip behind the net through him like they did the last couple years, he's actually rubbing guys out now.

Sure he isn't gonna manhandle guys like Gudas or Provy but he is way better.
I think he’s among this team’s top three most valuable. I’m just saying anyone who expects him to body up in front of the net like Bob Dailey is destined to be disappointed.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I think he’s among this team’s top three most valuable. I’m just saying anyone who expects him to body up in front of the net like Bob Dailey is destined to be disappointed.

No, he will not be able to keep the net clear, but it is nice that he has shut off the back of the net at least. Which is a big improvement on his physicality, in that it exists now whereas it did not before.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
No, he will not be able to keep the net clear, but it is nice that he has shut off the back of the net at least. Which is a big improvement on his physicality, in that it exists now whereas it did not before.
Agree. Neither Howe nor Desjardins nor Timonen were particularly physical; they used angles and leverage to thwart. And skating of course.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I couldn't be a bigger supporter of Sanheim's. But after that play the coaching staff would definitely be giving him a stern talking too and not Manning or Elliott.

Some of the people on here are reacting like Sanheim is there kid and people are trying to run him off a peewee team, makes you wonder what Captain Eskimo Dave will be like when Bunny comes up!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He turned the puck over! It’s on him! It’s the same thing as turning the puck over behind the net. Turning the puck over at the blue like can be just as dangerous as anywhere else. Just because manning and Elliot couldn’t bail him out doesn’t mean sanhiem is off the hook.
No one is SAYING he is off the hook. They are saying that he is not the ONLY reason a goal was scored. You said Manning made a good play defending that 2-1 which is an awful lie....or lack of knowledge...you choose which one. Sanheim deserves blame for the turnover. Manning deserves blame for not playing the 2-1 correctly. And even though Manning left him little chance, Elliott still had a chance to save both their asses but didn't.

You saying Sanheim is the only reason for the goal is like someone saying Manning is the only reason for the goal....both are dumb to say. Both made mistakes leading to a goal.

JXC

Dec 28, 2005
Also, seconding the notion that the problem with Manning is that he tries to play beyond his limitations. The nice thing about Hagg is he is rarely doing that. Manning is notorious for it. FFS the guy believed he was the offensive lead while playing with Ghost last season.
Same story with Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball.

Simmons knows he can’t shoot yet, so he doesn’t shoot yet.

Ball is out there taking seven three pointers a game, throwing up bricks and he just keeps doing it.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
And again, since clearly you aren't reading my posts...

SANHEIM MADE A MISTAKE, BUT HE WASN'T THE SOLE REASON FOR THE GOAL, WHICH IS WHAT YOU SAID.

Clear enough? I didn't say Sanheim was off the hook or wasn't at all responsible.

No shit it wasn’t solely on him in the literal sense that’s a given!

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Same story with Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball.

Simmons knows he can’t shoot yet, so he doesn’t shoot yet.

Ball is out there taking seven three pointers a game, throwing up bricks and he just keeps doing it.

It kind of makes Hakstol's lust for Manning bizarre. Hak is generally deeply risk averse, yet Manning's entire playstyle is a huge risk. I'd expect him to be all about Hagg, but for some reasons these guys seem to love Manning's gung-ho eagerness to try things he isn't really capable of pulling off.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No **** it wasn’t solely on him in the literal sense that’s a given!

Did another poster get hacked?

First JxC, now you?

I know sanhiem is pushing the play etc, but we can’t really afford to give up more goals that are solely bc of him. Goals like the one from the slot last night or on the PK are ok, but not turnovers like last night, in OT, etc. I’m not saying he should be benched for manning, but I’d like to get Morin in there one way or another. I can’t justify sanhiem causing multiple goals and Morin being benched without sanhiem contributing on offense. I know he is a rookie, but if it was my first time at my job and I made this many obvious and costly errors I would certainly be talked to. I do like the massive improvement in his positioning. He rarely is out of position and is typically the last person to get a hug.

Reactions: Tripod

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
And again, since clearly you aren't reading my posts...

SANHEIM MADE A MISTAKE, BUT HE WASN'T THE SOLE REASON FOR THE GOAL, WHICH IS WHAT YOU SAID.

Clear enough? I didn't say Sanheim was off the hook or wasn't at all responsible.

If Sanheim doesn’t turnover the puck at the blue line, that goal never happens. End of story.

mize370

Nov 2, 2009
Waterloo, Ontario
We finally get some decent prospects and people rake them over the coals. I will gladly play this entire year with all my future in all games. bring up the kids. Let them play. Let them make 100 mistakes a game. Let them learn as they play. Lord knows this team is not good as it is right now. bring up Lindblom, Morin, Martel, and let them play and learn what it takes to compete at this level. Would rather lose and learn then try to stay at .500 with the current players. Weise, Lehtera, Read, Manning, can go win a Calder Cup. Youth may help out a guy like simmonds who looks a bit off still to me. Let the kids play!!! Lose 10-0 but learn. and for God's sake. Lose this coaching staff!!!!!!!!

My 2 cents.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Did another poster get hacked?

First JxC, now you?
Lol are you a computer? Have you ever said you are starving? Pissed off? Scared shitless? Were you hacked? Do people still say hacked?

For your edification, sanhiem was not the only player at fault. Everything for manning to ice conditions to the rotation of the earth to the pull of adjacent galaxies influenced forces upon the play resulting in a goal against. Despite all of this, sanhiem was at most to blame. If it were baseball he would receive the error. Please pm me for further clarification on hockey and the universe to not clog up MSEs nice GDT.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Lol are you a computer? Have you ever said you are starving? Pissed off? Scared ****less? Were you hacked? Do people still say hacked?

For your edification, sanhiem was not the only player at fault. Everything for manning to ice conditions to the rotation of the earth to the pull of adjacent galaxies influenced forces upon the play resulting in a goal against. Despite all of this, sanhiem was at most to blame. If it were baseball he would receive the error. Please pm me for further clarification on hockey and the universe to not clog up MSEs nice GDT.
So you're sticking with the "when I said 'solely' I didn't actually mean 'solely'"excuse? Even though you then argued that it was solely his fault in multiple posts...?

Don't hurt yourself trying to backpeddle so hard. :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Can we go back to Tuesday and have a 3 page discussion about how Provorov cost us the game by turning a puck over 12 seconds into the game leading to a goal that was actually the difference in the game?

:laugh:

I just watched a few hi-lights from last nights games.

Lindberg passed it right from his own slot to a Canucks player who shot and scored.

Niskanen whiffed on a wrist shot at the OZ blue line which Landeskog went in on a breakaway, got slashed, then scored on the penalty shot.

It's almost like people make mistakes.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Can we go back to Tuesday and have a 3 page discussion about how Provorov cost us the game by turning a puck over 12 seconds into the game leading to a goal that was actually the difference in the game?

:laugh:
He isn't labeled an "offensive defensemen" so his mistakes are acceptable. :laugh:

If you're a defensive defensemen or a two-way defensemen then, oh well, mistakes happen. If you're an offensive defensemen and you mess up you're a liability.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Every NHL goal is the result of a mistake by defenders/goalie

giphy.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
People love shitting on players who make mistakes, especially when their positives severely outweigh their negatives. Manning can whiff on 72723801 pucks and no one says a word because he's too busy making infinitely more indefensible plays.

Sanheim had a not so great play that led to a goal, to imply he's not already a good player (he is) because he makes mistakes is a complete waste of everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad