GDT: #20| Flames at FLYERS | Sat. Nov. 18, 1:00 pm ET | SN1, SNE, SNO, SNP, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Im worried Patrick, Rubtsov, Vorobyev and Frost are gonna top out as 3Cs like Couturier.
You talk all snarky just to get a rise out of posters on aforum. You must be a laugh riot in real life.

Ive been team Couts since he was drafted. He's producing like a 1C with another 1C and a franchise winger on either side of him.

I'll gladly eat crow if it happens but none of those guys, including Patrick who people expect to be some savior, is a franchise horse in my opinion.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Of course he was. We even had a timeout to use to keep top u it out. Penalty was called with 2 mins remaining.

jonw.gif

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You don't need a franchise horse if you have a deep team.
Conversely, hows them horses doing in Washington?

If you can roll out 3 solid lines and 2 solid D-pairs and a top goalies, you have a very good shot at winning a Cup.
Put together a 4th line and a 3rd pair that's above average, and you'll be the favorite each year.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I too was hoping (foolishly) that with 2 minutes left and a full PP Hakstol would not even bring out the 2nd unit. The timeout available, TV break after the 3rd if it went to OT, the chance the 2nd unit gives up a shorty, and the thought that 1 minute more on the PP isn't that taxing.....made too much sense, didn't it?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
You talk all snarky just to get a rise out of posters on aforum. You must be a laugh riot in real life.

Ive been team Couts since he was drafted. He's producing like a 1C with another 1C and a franchise winger on either side of him.

I'll gladly eat crow if it happens but none of those guys, including Patrick who people expect to be some savior, is a franchise horse in my opinion.

Patrick can absolutely be as good or better than a guy like Johansen, and his team might have won a Cup with him as 1C had he not been injured in the Finals.

Reactions: Striiker

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
You don't need a franchise horse if you have a deep team.
Conversely, hows them horses doing in Washington?

If you can roll out 3 solid lines and 2 solid D-pairs and a top goalies, you have a very good shot at winning a Cup.
Put together a 4th line and a 3rd pair that's above average, and you'll be the favorite each year.
We already have a franchise horse.

30329.jpg

1-t6785239-340.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad