GDT: #20 Devils @ Canucks -- Tootoo Smash on 11/22 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jesus Christ, don't even give them any ideas Deb.

Don't even think about starting Kinkaid in any non back to back situation where Cory is healthy.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
pbTQa0N.gif

this will never get old.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
On the delayed penalty at the end, canucks were called offsides.

The faceoff was still in our zone.
Was that a mistake by the officials?

No. It is only on an icing or start of the period that the opening face off for a pp comes out of the offensive zone

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
What did you all think of Gelinas tonight?

Made a few good first-passes, and did his usual shot thing. The one giveaway on the PP in his own zone was a bit iffy, but i thought he played pretty well i thought, considering he was sitting again for the last whatever 7 games.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I kept looking for Kessler tonight.
Credit to Bob Murray for being so genius to trade for him. Because obviously no other team would have traded for him. I got so tired of hearing that last year by members of the media and the NBC crew.

''Bob Murray was smart, he realized he needed another center to take the load off of Getzlaf. So what does he do? He goes out and gets Ryan Kesler, so brilliant by him!'' as if he was the only one who wanted to trade for him. More like Anaheim was the only place he even wanted to go, if I recall correctly.
I'm still laughing at Cory in there. He looks like he'd like to show how much fun he's having there, but he's keeping it a little more low key and trying to hide it a little bit.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Cammy skated out as the 1st star? Lol. I never see visiting players do that, maybe I'm not paying attention though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory actually went out. Well his teammates made him
Haha.

Knowing Canucks fans, I'm sure most of them weren't even happy that they scored that second goal on him in the last half second.

No doubt they would have rather have beaten him, but I doubt they wanted him to get scored on in the last second when they weren't gonna win anyway.

They really love him over there, and I know they'll be rooting for us and him if we ever make some kind of run with him. As long as it isn't against them.

hutter

Mar 6, 2014
Let Boucher stay in the AHL for now.

Not to mention, I'm not sure what Boucher has done since 2013 to deserve to play with Elias.

It's almost reminding me of circa 2003-2007.

''I wanna see Barry Tallackson play with Elias''.

Boucher has been Albany's best young player since he went back. It's not the same as a 25 year old Barry Tallackson, who Boucher nearly surpassed in terms of goalscoring at age 20 lol. Also, Boucher has had some stints that weren't particularly terrible... just not really good. Very neutral. He's also never looked like he does now in the A, but I could understand leaving him there to teach him to maintain it.

I understand people thinking he's totally hopeless at this point, but he is only 22 and he looks like he's made a big jump this year in the minors. If he's still doing this a month down the road and Patty is playing well, he might be worth a call-up to try for 3 good lines.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I thought Gelinas was OK. I wish he would play meaner. He's got the frame to do it.

I'm one of the biggest JJ defenders on the board. Two of those penalties on him were BS. But I'm starting to lose faith in him. I wish he would attack the net more often. He just never gets to the dirty areas. He needs to join the same class on meanness as Gelly

KPalm was awesome and everywhere.

If anybody, I mean anybody, ever doubts that Cory is just "a dime a dozen" goalie, it's tar and feather time.

I thought Stempniak was invisible.

And again, the officiating was brutal. There was an interview with Stephen Walkom wanting "more athletic refs" to keep up with the pace of the game. Someone needs to tell him that he needs to find some that can actually call a game. What's Kerry Fraser, Andy Van Hellemond, and Paul Stewart up to these days?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cammy skated out as the 1st star? Lol. I never see visiting players do that, maybe I'm not paying attention though.

It happens in the AHL at almost every game I believe, no matter if it's the road team or the home team.

I remember Luongo coming out onto the ice after the game when he beat them with the Panthers last year. Luongo was there a lot longer than Cory though, and is also the best goaltender they've ever had in their history. Looking back on it, Cory was actually in the organization almost 2 years longer than Luongo was, but only spent 3 full years in the NHL there.

Marty skated as one of the 3 stars at Montreal a couple times, but he's a god up there.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The last time I saw a visiting player skate for the three stars was Marty in Montreal for 551. I distinctly remember Zajac being 2nd star and also skating out.

The 3rd star was a Habs player who appeared in his 1000th career game and the poor dude had his milestone moment completely overshadowed by Marty.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I thought Gelinas was OK. I wish he would play meaner. He's got the frame to do it.

I'm one of the biggest JJ defenders on the board. Two of those penalties on him were BS. But I'm starting to lose faith in him. I wish he would attack the net more often. He just never gets to the dirty areas. He needs to j oin the same class on meanness as Gelly

KPalm was awesome and everywhere.

If anybody, I mean anybody, ever doubts that Cory is just "a dime a dozen" goalie, it's tar and feather time.

I thought Stempniak was invisible.

And again, the officiating was brutal. There was an interview with Stephen Walkom wanting "more athletic refs" to keep up with the pace of the game. Someone needs to tell him that he needs to find some that can actually call a game. What's Kerry Fraser, Andy Van Hellemond, and Paul Stewart up to these days?

The refs were horrid this trip.

And yeah, Stemp had a rough trip too.

He will bounce back though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Also, I'm now totally on board with pulling the plug on Josefson. Awful display from him tonight.

Give Kalinin the #3C, slot Patty in with Zajac and K Palm, and ship Josefson off to wherever Zharkov and Pikkarainen are playing these days.

I by no means think Josefson needs to go, I think we need him for the shootout. He's still our best shootout player on the team, no one else is really good during their career in the shootout. Elias hasn't been good at the shootout for 3 years, Ruutu is above average but he's barely taken any attempts in years, Palmieri isn't that good, Cammalleri is under 30% career, Henrique is a 2 for 15 career:amazed:. Zajac hasn't scored a shootout goal in years.

So I think we need him for that. I'm completely on board with aborting him for any line higher than the 4th. He has 200 career games after tonight, tonight was his 200th. And it's a large enough sample size to say he's not a good offensive player, never will be. 0 points at even strength this season, only on pace for 16 points this year. Or is it 17? 4 points all on special teams. He should be given no leeway at all anymore. This staff has given him too much leeway. It's funny that they're a lot more high on him than some of the other guys they've inherited like Stefan Matteau namely. Not that I think Matteau has shown much if anything at all anyway.

And big ups to Ray Shero for fixing things by trading a second rounder for a BETTER player that we passed on for Josefson in that draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad