Post-Game Talk: 2 Teams enter, Jets leave with a win 6-4

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Rough game…. We don’t play great with a big lead….. would have liked to see Harkins get a shot at the hatty… some strange and random line changes for no apparent reason…
You had a good point in one of your posts Head, saying the Jet's defensive coaches should be changed. I was looking at just the defenseman, which I think a couple of the smaller guys could be upgraded, but thinking about this, the "coaches" are also very responsible for the systems they play. The Jets should look at this very closely --good post.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
As one of the above posts says, the Jets are close to re-aquiring Appleton, and I think that's a great move, as he has a lot of upside and plays with heart and passion. He's a hustler, and would be an asset to this club. I hope Chevy can make the deal.. Add to that, he really liked playing here.

ecolad

Nov 17, 2015
Hmmm.... not a single comment about the very good output from our 3rd line tonight. Small sample to be sure but certainly supports the notion that a line centered by Copp is much more balanced and performs better than one centered by Lowry. Hope that our hockey operations people take note and ask themselves why this was never given a reasonable look until this critical juncture - perhaps only hours and certainly only weeks before making irreversible decisions about Copp's future here.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hmmm.... not a single comment about the very good output from our 3rd line tonight. Small sample to be sure but certainly supports the notion that a line centered by Copp is much more balanced and performs better than one centered by Lowry. Hope that our hockey operations people take note and ask themselves why this was never given a reasonable look until this critical juncture - perhaps only hours and certainly only weeks before making irreversible decisions about Copp's future here.

I think your right, but with his Dad as coach, that might be a very tough sell.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
There were a lot of people wanting Copp tried out as our 2nd line C - instead we brought in Eakins... I think that was the real missed opportunity with him

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Did you miss my post? Mentioned how the Lowry contract may f*** this team if we insist on running him at 3C. Having a balanced third line that can score would be a game changer for this org.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Imo he is best suited to be a 3rd line C on this team - moving us much closer to a top 9 setup instead of this top 6 bottom 6 nonsense.

Yup, he's not good enough to be a top 6 center on a contending team but he's a terrific player to take on tertiary matchups on a third scoring line.

They made the wrong call Copp vs. Lowry imo.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I didn't watch and am now just discovering that some guy called Jeff Malott played?! and wearing the great Enstrom's sacred number no less

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Why did Lowry separate Dubois, Connor and Ehlers? Don't ever touch Scheifele and Wheeler though eh. This would have been a good game for Comrie because Helly looks tired. Best thing about this game is the Dude gets to dance.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Lovely stuff, with just a dash of clench.

Great game by line #3, the new line had an absolute shitload of chemistry, and Harkins had an RL Burnside hat trick, 2 goals and a puck in the berries.

JoMo's clapper was legendary with a nice feed from Shuffles. As usual PLD creating chaos and getting well under the skin of the opponent.

Always nice to clobber Chicago too. Poor Helly came under a hail of rubber but managed to survive. Made all the big stops needed to win, especially saving the Jets in the second period.

He does suffer from not enough rest.

Also good to see the Farmhand with a continuance of points...
the-colonel-and-his-droogs.jpeg

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Pre game interview coach Dave says “we need to treat this like a playoff game and we can’t get into trading chances”.

Game: complete 80’s style wide open hockey trading chances at both ends.

:laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
They have scored in the last few games but it feels like Connor-Dubois-Ehlers are less than the sum of their parts. No way near as dominant as you'd expect that collection of personel to be when on the ice together. That line looked more dominant with Svech.
Yeah I've never liked it. Put 71 back there, especially with the way he's been playing. Really been impressed with his hands, passion and physicality.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Yeah I've never liked it. Put 71 back there, especially with the way he's been playing. Really been impressed with his hands, passion and physicality.
It really seems like we have the players and chemistry to run at least three really good lines. But maybe the next coach will see that.

Reactions: surixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad