Post-Game Talk: 2 Teams enter, Jets leave with a win 6-4

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Pre game interview coach Dave says “we need to treat this like a playoff game and we can’t get into trading chances”.

Game: complete 80’s style wide open hockey trading chances at both ends.

:laugh:
I also appreciated how he noted that Ves was sent down partly because he ain't developing on that 4th line playing a few minutes per game...

... and then proceeds to once again play that now Ves-less 4th line for a few minutes in the game.

Honestly makes me think that this scoring / maybe also scoring / checking / placeholder strategy is actually something that the Jets' brain-trust has embraced as a team direction, rather than a coach-by-coach decision.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I also appreciated how he noted that Ves was sent down partly because he ain't developing on that 4th line playing a few minutes per game...

... and then proceeds to once again play that now Ves-less 4th line for a few minutes in the game.

Honestly makes me think that this scoring / maybe also scoring / checking / placeholder strategy is actually something that the Jets' brain-trust has embraced as a team direction, rather than a coach-by-coach decision.
I think that's because other than Maurice not here the entire coaching staff is exactly the same, i think a brand new coach and assistants would change things.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

We will see next year I guess with a new coach. If Adam Lowry is playing center on the 3rd line then we aren't running three scoring lines and we are probably locked into top 6, checking line, 4th line scrubs

Reactions: surixon

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
So is this what it is going to look like up front now:

KFC-PLD-Ehlers
Stastny-Scheifele-Wheeler
Harkins-(Lowry-Toninato if Lurch not ready)-Svechnikov
Sanford/Malott-Barron(this would be preferable over Brooks)-Appleton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad