GDT: 2/4/2013 - Wild@Yotes - 8:00 PM CST - FS-N, FS-WI

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Granlund - Konopka - Seto

It's not final. Yeo wants to see what's their reaction. Do they turn into self-pity and regression or go full throttle, work their arses off.. as hard as they can? It's a test.

As a line... I don't think it's any worse than Cullen-Granlund-Seto. Vice versa.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I wouldn't question Granlund's attitude. It's his playing style which needs adjustment. And a stint in the 4th line wing won't change that.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Granlund - Konopka - Seto

It's not final. Yeo wants to see what's their reaction. Do they turn into self-pity and regression or go full throttle, work their arses off.. as hard as they can? It's a test.

As a line... I don't think it's any worse than Cullen-Granlund-Seto. Vice versa.
Honestly, it might help Granlund to have somebody to stick up for him on the ice.

He's been getting his ass beat and Cullen skates away and Setoguchi is no where to be found.

Kenopka won't do that.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
The Church of Yeo seems to be losing followers. I hope we of little faith shall not regret our words, lest be stricken down by the glorious passes of the FBJ and Yeo's glare through the television set.

But honestly, Granlund and Konopka? One of the last pairs I'd have imagined..

se7en

infamous...
Apr 14, 2010
Maui, HI
I predict another devastating loss... haha (Half kidding...)

I know it's early, I know it's a shortened season, I know.. I know blah, blah, blah but so far it's new team same story.. We just can't score...

I feel like every game I'm waiting for that break out game that doesn't come..

But as always, as a loyal Wild fan, I'll be glued to the TV and will just be happy to get a win.. I know patience is key but it sure would be nice to see this team starting to gel.. The first line wet my whistle the first couple games and all I could think was "oh man, once other lines start to click!" but instead the first line regressed & then somehow other lines did too a little.

But hey, who knows, these lines could actually work... I could be wrong here but I can see the opposing coach not quite knowing how to match up against our 4th line... It'll be interesting to see how much ice time they get but slumps or not, Seto & Granlund on the 4th can't be overlooked.. Thats a solid amount of talent for a 4th line.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Remember how fast and clean the Blues break out of their own end? pass, pass, then they are all set up in the offensive zone. North South. We seem like as soon as we get to their blueline we go east west and try to 'pop' in the zone or just do the ol' dump n chase, which many fast big teams utilize.

Hope we really get going early in this game. We need to bring that fast game because it draws penalties, and our PP may be our savior this season.

Edit: Even though our PP was the anti-savior against ANA.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
The Church of Yeo seems to be losing followers. I hope we of little faith shall not regret our words, lest be stricken down by the glorious passes of the FBJ and Yeo's glare through the television set.

Lose two games in a row and that's what Minnesota fans do. Panic, whine, then grab whoever is closest, throw them under the nearest bus and demand they be traded.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Lose two games in a row and that's what Minnesota fans do. Panic, whine, then grab whoever is closest, throw them under the nearest bus and demand they be traded.

The problem isn't losing two games in a row; it's that they're struggling in exactly the same ways they did last year with completely different (and mostly AHL-level) personnel. It's the greater pattern that's worrying.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Is Yeo afraid of splitting up Parise / Koivu because that'd make Koivu mad? Are the inmates running the asylum?

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
Minnesota will drop an anvil on Phoenix like the roadrunner does on Wily on the road to 48-0!

There's a movie out of this.

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
Honestly, it might help Granlund to have somebody to stick up for him on the ice.

He's been getting his ass beat and Cullen skates away and Setoguchi is no where to be found.

Kenopka won't do that.

Like the movie "Goon"... love it!

Anyway, I think the Wild will respond with a great performance. Hopefully we get on the board early. The Coyotes boring trap system is so boring and the boring way they play games can keep them in a low scoring affair.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Like the movie "Goon"... love it!

Anyway, I think the Wild will respond with a great performance. Hopefully we get on the board early. The Coyotes boring trap system is so boring and the boring way they play games can keep them in a low scoring affair.

Ouch. Feel bad for any fans who have to or have had to put up with that..

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
RE: Seto/Granny on 4th line

Think about it for a second. They will most likely play against 3rd/4th liners in this game so maybe they will find a way to score and getting more confidence before going back on their regular line. You know, just a typical wake up call.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Think he's gonna try to crush Granlund, FBJ evades, then Konopka smashes face.

Oh boy yes.

Torres goes for the hit, misses and smashes the boards. Tries to get up, Konopka and Stoner team up and beat the living crap out of that human turd. Finally, Bouchard goes in and finishes him with a crane kick. Mike Yeo nods proudly and Wild go on and win the game 7-0.

UMD05

Hobey Baker Champs
Mar 5, 2010
St. Paul, MN
RE: Seto/Granny on 4th line

Think about it for a second. They will most likely play against 3rd/4th liners in this game so maybe they will find a way to score and getting more confidence before going back on their regular line. You know, just a typical wake up call.

Logic is the work of the devil!

Unless it doesn't work. Then your "logic" is just crazy talk.

ArtursSilovsShirt

King Arturs 👑
Jun 21, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Hey guys nucks fan coming in peace, first just wanna say how awesome it is so see this board so active I remember a couple years ago when the Wild board was an absolute ghost town here, not sure why but glad it's changed!

Anyways just wanted to know what's up with Suter and Granlund (at least points wise)? Haven't watched a lot of Wild hockey so far this year and obviously the teams doing pretty well but I drafted those two on my fantasy team and I've already dropped Granlund and I'm starting to consider dropping Suter. Wondering if you think I should pick up Granlund again at some point, will he get it going? and more importantly will Suter start picking up the pace points wise or has he settled back into a more defensive role in Minny?

any feedback is appreciated :) thanks in advance!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad