GDT: 2/29/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
.870 for Vasy

Not a good game. Again.
He didn't bother me tonight although the Bolts gave him a lot of help through the first 2 periods. Bolts couldn't score to save themselves. Stammer all alone in front, Hedman's easy goal miss, Paul hit a post, Kuch had all flex and no puck on an attempt, and then a disastrous PP late in the 3rd. This team is one of the top scoring teams, top power plays in the league, and they got only 2 goals, 1 from the AHL callup Chaffee

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
download.jpg

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Vasy has issues. But realistically in the NHL in 2024 how many games are you going to win scoring just two goal??????? This team has issues in every area of the game that counts. Most of all the Cap . It is just going to get any better for the foreseeable future. It’s going to be a tough road to rebuild. What sucked is we are wasting Point and Kuch now time goes on.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Vasy has issues. But realistically in the NHL in 2024 how many games are you going to win scoring just two goal??????? This team has issues in every area of the game that counts. Most of all the Cap . It is just going to get any better for the foreseeable future. It’s going to be a tough road to rebuild. What sucked is we are wasting Point and Kuch now time goes on.
Easy there. We got two Cups out of them so they hardly went to waste. This is how it goes. I'm sure you saw that post earlier about the last Feb29 game. You can't lose those kinds of guys and think that you are the same team regardless of your core talent. And then, of course, our core goalie is still here, but he isn't

Reactions: Powerplay17

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Lol, rebuild. You do realize the cap is going up considerably as the years continue, and Tampa is capable of adding better depth through both trade and ufa signings. Vasy is up and down this year, he had a great ~15 game stretch before the break, these last ~10 not so much. He wasn't even bad tonight really. The ineptitude with all the stupid penalties and many missed scoring opportunities.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Who decides the Captain? Who decides play with 7D? Who decides still play Sheary? Who decides play Vassy? Who motivate this team? Who brings Blashill? Maybe I'm wrong, but my answer is Cooper.
Cooper is the easy move. That doesn't mean it is the wrong one. There are substantive problems irrespective of coaching, but he is definitely part of the problem if only because his message has to be stale at this point.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
We went from arguably the most complete lineup in hockey to having 2-3 guys who are untouchable in a span of like 2 years.

f***ing woof.

Tampa22

Eternally grateful TBL enforcers!
Oct 11, 2010
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Who cares who's captain? Makes zero difference to on ice play.

Would make zero difference to one ice play.

His backup is even worse.

they're grown men not children, this is a cop out.
The captain is the one who show the pride, the one who talks and show desperation. You see Stamkos face and looks like we are first. For me is important and is the one who need to put the teammates on the back.
The 7D for you don't make difference, for me seems to have Sheary playing more time.
The backup is worse but is the last goalie who won a Lightning game and have the same numbers of Vasy making only 90% less of his salary.
Men or kids, in life you always need motivation, is the key to turn the page in any sport when things aren't going well.
I like Cooper, but I see his fault in some decisions...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad