GDT: 2/25/24 - 1:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New Jersey

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
1708893269995.png

Huge. Pittsburgh, Islanders, and Capitals are more than likely sellers at the deadline too.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I hadn't realized how bad the Bruins have been recently. Florida must be the favorite to win the division at this point, so we have to start keeping an eye out on whether we'll face them in the first round...

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
View attachment 825208

Huge. Pittsburgh, Islanders, and Capitals are more than likely sellers at the deadline too.
If they're smart they will be, but after going all in in PIT it's going to be tough for Dubas to do that and on the Island, I think Lamoriello wants to go down with the ship. That old coot may even buy, which only means the Isles will suck even further into the future then they are already going to. They have no prospects and so many bad, overpay, NTC contracts they may be 10 years in the wilderness.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If they're smart they will be, but after going all in it's going to be tough for Dubas to do that and on the Island, I think Lamoriello wants to go down with the ship. That old coot may even buy, which only means the Isles will suck even further into the future then they are already going to.

One thing is for certain, if you are a buyer you'd better make the playoffs

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I was actually able to play on this message board with my online friends and watch some hockey without mapping out the route to the Skyway Bridge and calculating jump velocity needed.

Thank you Coach Cooper.

Reactions: Renopucker

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I still wouldn't be a buyer if I'm the Bolts. JBB can dance with the one's he brung (or make some hockey trades), but that's it IMO.
If you have Vasy, Kuch, Heddy, Cernak, Bagel, Point and even Celery with BDN, you're a buyer.

Playoff rentals with no obligation for next season are fine with me. Trade what you can afford to and get one more cup with everyone still in their prime.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
100%. Dude made some really good saves and hasn't played too much. This would be a good time to get him in at least once a week and get Vasy mentally ready for the stretch run.
All kudos to JJ. He's been more than we could have hoped for, but our playoff position is far from secure, and let's face it, we need Vasy playing like Vasy if we are going to have any chance, not only to get in, but to have any chance once there. As far as rest, both mental and physical, he missed the first two months of the season and since the Bolts have played more games than anyone else, our schedule over the last 6 weeks will not be overly taxing. I think you have to stay with JJ playing the second half of b2bs and let Vasy try to find his game. Fatigue should not be a factor.

Reactions: DaBolts

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
If you have Vasy, Kuch, Heddy, Cernak, Bagel, Point and even Celery with BDN, you're a buyer.

Playoff rentals with no obligation for next season are fine with me. Trade what you can afford to and get one more cup with everyone still in their prime.
What can we afford that is going make any kind of difference? We've won two games in a row and that's great, but we have been schizo all season. I'm not throwing in what few chips I've got left on that.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Hopefully this is the weekend that gets people to start taking Kucherov's Hart candidacy seriously. Even though he's led the league in scoring all season and outscored his teammates by significant amounts the media is still banging the "3M's" drum.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Hopefully this is the weekend that gets people to start taking Kucherov's Hart candidacy seriously. Even though he's led the league in scoring all season and outscored his teammates by significant amounts the media is still banging the "3M's" drum.
Shaping up to be one of the closest votes ever. You can make a pretty good case for every one of them, but this team is nowhere close to the playoffs without Kuch. Not sure you can say that about the others

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad