GDT: 2/23/13 - Wild @ Flames 9:00 PM CST - Jinx edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
It all started against Edmonton. ;)

lol True. It would be amazing if we could get points (especially wins) 4 games in a row. We will be that much closer to Vancouver and in a more comfortable position in the top 8.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I think the problem is that he just doesn't fit into the team right now. I'm sure Yeo wants him to be a 2nd line center like the rest of us, but he's not ready for that (and I'm not going to put the blame on the kid, because I thought expecting him to have that kind of an impact right away was too much to ask for). That was his designated spot, and when he couldn't take it, there was no back-up plan. And the organization doesn't seem to want to send him down to the AHL for whatever reason. He doesn't play as a winger because they don't want him to be one, he's not ready to be the 2nd line C, the 3rd line isn't a match for him, so they just stuck him on the 4th line where he won't have much impact either way. Zucker being on the 2nd line and the top line being pretty much cemented together complicate things for Granlund even further.

Excellent analysis. I think you are right on.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
wild win 4-2, tonights game could mean if we are a playoff team or not, I see it as a huge game. we need to beat these bad teams.

oh and coyle gets his first NHL goal tonight

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Wild have no excuses if they don't pull at least 6 or 7 points out of their next 5 games. Absolutely have to sweep the Flames in this home/home, gotta get the W in a big (probably brutally chippy) game against Eddy next week.

Whether they actually will... I dunno, this team seems to be specializing in dropping key games. But they need to quit dropping games against mediocre opponents, and they've gotta use these couple games to climb the standings.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I have not felt at all confident about the Wild these season, and recently they have proven my predictions wrong (thankfully)

But I just cannot shake the feeling that we will see a major stinker from the Wild tonight. I just have visions of Jarome and Glencross celebrating multiple times tonight. :(

No problem with me if Granlund sits, he was invisible last game anyways. (Still believe he would be better served in the AHL, but that's just me.)

Would like to at least see the young guys have good games.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I for one, do not want to see Granlund on a physical line. He's not that type of player. I think it's a mistake have PMB on that line too. They are both too little to be on a checking line. Coyle has about 30-40lbs and 4 inches of height. It's a good spot for him at the moment size wise.

Granlund would get run over all game, and he (and the team) don't need that right now. Great way to injure a player...

I agree with what you say. Which makes sticking him at 4C make even less sense...

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
It drives me crazy figuring out who we should be pulling for in some of these games. lol Like, do we want Edmonton or Phoenix? Do we want Phoenix to lose in order to overtake that spot or Edmonton to lose so they fall behind even more? Another one is Nashville/Detroit... not sure who we want there. I guess it's just better going with the notion that we control our own destiny, we keep winning, we will climb the standings and we won't have to worry about everyone else.

I do think we will come out firing tonight, especially after Clutter getting hurt. Hopefully our players play with some fire as a result.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
It drives me crazy figuring out who we should be pulling for in some of these games. lol Like, do we want Edmonton or Phoenix? Do we want Phoenix to lose in order to overtake that spot or Edmonton to lose so they fall behind even more? Another one is Nashville/Detroit... not sure who we want there. I guess it's just better going with the notion that we control our own destiny, we keep winning, we will climb the standings and we won't have to worry about everyone else.

I do think we will come out firing tonight, especially after Clutter getting hurt. Hopefully our players play with some fire as a result.

We always want Detroit to lose, Nashville is fine.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Is it just me? I've noticed there's a lot less panicky "get rid of this guy!" "fire this guy!" "we need to do this!" talk in the last few days? all the trolls go home? or is it possible that because standings-wise we're sitting in a bubble playoff position (where most people thought we'd be) things just don't seem as dramatically bad as they did a week ago when we were outside the playoff picture but only by a point or two. So, when we lose a couple in a row now and are in, say, 11th place but three points out of a playoff position I would suggest you try to calm the **** down before labeling this or that a problem. It's only a "problem" insofar as it's keeping us from playing at a level few people expected we would achieve anyway. This is how we (the majority here) thought we'd play...or rather these are the results we thought we'd get with this team. If you honestly believe we're going to create separation from those below us right now in the rankings you are expecting us to play hockey at a new level for some reason. they're all conference games. one of the two teams in every game is going to gain points relative to us, and while we'd like to pick and chose who that is it is of course out of our hands. Eddy beat Phoenix in a 3 point game...keeps PHO from widening the gap between 8 and 7th (yay! less separation!) but narrows the gap between 11th and 8th to one point. (boo! less separation!)

meandering rant.

tl;dr pleas shut up about how poorly the Wild are playing until we're, oh, i don't know...6 points out of a playoff spot? because we're really about where most of us expected to be.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Hopefully the Wild wont have a let down game tonight. Wild win 4-2 Brodziack with two, PMB, and Parise. Hudler and Tanguay for the Flames.

Wildfan10*

Winning is great and all but i just want to see a full 60 minutes of somewhat exciting hockey. Is that too much to ask for?

Minny91

Jan 25, 2013
Wild win 4-2

Heatley
Bouchard (2)
Spurgeon

- - - - -
Glencross
Hudler
(Iginla pointless)

Wildfan10*

Eh I would rather win, plus I have found all the games exciting this season.

Well there's been atleast one exciting period every game. There hasn't been a game yet where i haven't wanted to smash my head against a wall for a good amount of time tho.:banghead:

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Calgary's GDT is depressing as hell.

It is. No one is posting on it either. If we weren't playing them tonight, I would want them to win.

As far as us getting separation from others... well if we are going to go on a run, winning the next several games we certainly can get separation. It depends on what we do. You win several in a row you will see some separation, that goes without saying. And it is very possible given our upcoming schedule.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Calgary's GDT is depressing as hell.

No kidding. I think I saw this while viewing the page.

tumbleweed.gif

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
time to get that GF/GA average swung in the right direction, yes? Yes.

10-1. Iginla gets one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad