GDT: 2/23/13 - Wild @ Flames 9:00 PM CST - Jinx edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

Aside from games against Edmonton, games in Calgary are probably the best chance for a win as we seem to always beat the Flames in their place the last few years. I'm expecting a win with a bit more offense than the last time these clubs met. 4-2 Wild.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
I'm thinking 4-2 With Wild goals by Koivu, Granlund, Brodin and Parise. Maybe a Suter goal instead of one of those 4.

Would love to see a Wild win tonight after that **** storm Thursday night

OpRedDawn*

I just hope for a calm regulation win. No mad scramble. I want an early lead with a cushion

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
With #flames vowing to be more truculent tonight, I'd suspect Zenon Konopka returns. My guess is Mikael Granlund sits for #mnwild

Seriously we need to trade a top-6 player or send him down to the AHL. I was ok with him doing 4th line for a bit and a scratch once, but this is getting ridiculous.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Seriously we need to trade a top-6 player or send him down to the AHL. I was ok with him doing 4th line for a bit and a scratch once, but this is getting ridiculous.

I knew this was coming (Granlund getting scratched again). Just send him down, guys, this isn't helping him or the team. If/when Yeo decides he wants Granlund back in the 2nd line, call him back up. Otherwise let him play in Houston. It's not limbo, they can actually come back from there.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
Should be an interesting tonight. Could it be possible for us to get two road wins... in a row???

The only prediction I have is that Iginla will score and Greenlay will display his Iginla man-crush through both song and dance.

Damn you!! (knocks on wood), (throws salt over shoulder), (kills a chicken in the moonlight - you gotta eat), (cries cus we gonna lose now :shakehead). ****ing Iggy's gonna have his way with us again. 6,7,12 goals or something stupid, just because we can never contain that *******...

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I just wish there was a concrete plan for Granlund. I don't think Yeo knows what he wants to do with Granlund.

Barkkonen

May 10, 2011
Wild loses 2-4, iginla with 2 goals, stempniak and tanguay pots one each. Brodin and gilbert scores for Wild. heatley with -3 and Koivu with shoulder injury.....

I have bad vibe about this one.......:cry:

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
Wild loses 2-4, iginla with 2 goals, stempniak and tanguay pots one each. Brodin and gilbert scores for Wild. heatley with -3 and Koivu with shoulder injury.....

I have bad vibe about this one.......:cry:

Why would you even say that...

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
He's NOT being scratched for Coyle though. Coyle is taking Cal's spot on third line, which Granlund can't do at this point.

He might as well be, it should have been Granlund that moved up. He can manage being a 3rd line wing for two games vs the flames.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
they should put granny to ahl to get his confidence back.

I don't think it's about his confidence.

He was playing well before being demoted to 4th line and has been improving all season, which is why I can't really understand these decisions.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
wonder if ZK is going to initiate or just respond to the allegedly planned hijinks.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I just wish there was a concrete plan for Granlund. I don't think Yeo knows what he wants to do with Granlund.

I think the problem is that he just doesn't fit into the team right now. I'm sure Yeo wants him to be a 2nd line center like the rest of us, but he's not ready for that (and I'm not going to put the blame on the kid, because I thought expecting him to have that kind of an impact right away was too much to ask for). That was his designated spot, and when he couldn't take it, there was no back-up plan. And the organization doesn't seem to want to send him down to the AHL for whatever reason. He doesn't play as a winger because they don't want him to be one, he's not ready to be the 2nd line C, the 3rd line isn't a match for him, so they just stuck him on the 4th line where he won't have much impact either way. Zucker being on the 2nd line and the top line being pretty much cemented together complicate things for Granlund even further.

Emilie

Feb 6, 2013
MN
He might as well be, it should have been Granlund that moved up. He can manage being a 3rd line wing for two games vs the flames.

I for one, do not want to see Granlund on a physical line. He's not that type of player. I think it's a mistake have PMB on that line too. They are both too little to be on a checking line. Coyle has about 30-40lbs and 4 inches of height. It's a good spot for him at the moment size wise.

Granlund would get run over all game, and he (and the team) don't need that right now. Great way to injure a player...

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Damn you!! (knocks on wood), (throws salt over shoulder), (kills a chicken in the moonlight - you gotta eat), (cries cus we gonna lose now :shakehead). ****ing Iggy's gonna have his way with us again. 6,7,12 goals or something stupid, just because we can never contain that *******...

Sorry, just consider it a pre-game jinx on Iginla from me ;)

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I was just looking at our upcoming schedule. We legit could win the next three games... tonight in Calgary, at home against Calgary, then at Phoenix. If we could get 5-6 points (which is incredibly possible) it will go a long way. It all starts tonight.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
I was just looking at our upcoming schedule. We legit could win the next three games... tonight in Calgary, at home against Calgary, then at Phoenix. If we could get 5-6 points (which is incredibly possible) it will go a long way. It all starts tonight.

It all started against Edmonton. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad