GDT: 2/22/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Washington vs Tampa Bay

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
It's annoying hearing about this Washington team overcoming adversity while our guys continue to falter. You get the 2 goals in the 3rd you needed so badly only for Washington to lose Oshie, but still pull ahead just fine (even with 1 goal called back). Where is our championship pedigree when you need it?
Point has no dawg in him anymore (he has his Cups, money, and is likely less aggressive due to past injuries and energy conservation in order to try to produce offense for this sorry ass team). Stamkos is washed 5v5

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
2 rough losses against teams that they should've beat. It's not great, but there's still time to course correct. No reason to panic yet or enter sell mode. JBB needs to make some moves perhaps sooner rather than later though. Just have to move on and hope they snap out of it next game and that this doesn't become a crippling slump.
They should not flat out buy. If BriseBois wants to make shake up the dressing room hockey trades and replace guys on this roster with capable players, that is alright. But wasting picks for this soft, weak minded, no depth, terrible defensive team is not the move

at this point. i would be okay with trading Stamkos at the deadline to the highest bidder
Trade him to Carolina for Scott Morrow, Jackson Blake, and a 2nd

Reactions: Powerplay17

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Sell everything not named Kucherov and give Coop his walking papers. If the rumors are true that Noah Hanifin wants to play here JBB needs to clear cap space to bring him in as a UFA.
The only thing with that is why trade away valuable assets if you can get him for free in the summer? That is assuming the reports are right that we are his desired destination. I'm also not crazy about going "all in" on this run when we're clearly not a favorite. If we were going to be a 50+ win team, then yeah do what you have to do to give this club another legit shot at a cup, but in this current state, that could be a big mistake that could hurt more than help this team's future.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Pretty apparent that Yzerman can build a roster wherever, as he's doing quite well in Detroit with a depth approach. BriseBois hands out albatross overpayments to many and then fills cap casualties with shitty "depth".

Reactions: OffBy1

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
They should not flat out buy. If BriseBois wants to make shake up the dressing room hockey trades and replace guys on this roster with capable players, that is alright. But wasting picks for this soft, weak minded, no depth, terrible defensive team is not the move

Trade him to Carolina for Scott Morrow, Jackson Blake, and a 2nd
Buy? What are we Duke and Duke cornering the market on frozen orange juice concentrate?

Anyone know what Stammer's contract says? Is it a full NMC or a limited one?

• Haha
Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
The only thing with that is why trade away valuable assets if you can get him for free in the summer? That is assuming the reports are right that we are his desired destination. I'm also not crazy about going "all in" on this run when we're clearly not a favorite. If we were going to be a 50+ win team, then yeah do what you have to do to give this club another legit shot at a cup, but in this current state, that could be a big mistake that could hurt more than help this team's future.
It would have to be as a free agent. The Bolts don’t have an enough to pry him away via trade and I agree it wouldn’t make sense to do at the deadline.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
The ESPN broadcast was horrible. Them talking about random shit while play was going on, suggesting Sergachev might be the best all around Lightning defenseman, and clearly not doing any research on the Lightning, it was horrible. Used to like Levy and Ferraro, but the ESPN/US hockey broadcast approach has been horrible.

Reactions: aylib

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Buy? What are we Duke and Duke cornering the market on frozen orange juice concentrate?

Anyone know what Stammer's contract says? Is it a full NMC or a limited one?
Stammer has a full NMC.

If he's getting traded, I don't think the Lightning are winning the cup this season. Too much emotional damage.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
You got a team that can barely manage 1 period of effort and a coaching staff that desperately wants to die on the hill of "death by structure" like its 2021.

This ain't good folks
Coop looked extremely uncomfortable. Like he knows his days are numbered. Never seen him look like that before...totally uncomfortable. Like he is out of answers. Doubt Stammer and Coop are here next yr. Time to turn the page. It happens. Part of life.

Edit: We love stammer but he's no longer the C

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Thats literally what I'm saying jfc.
Really, because I don't recall a single post of yours any time recently calling for Coop to be fired. In fact, less than a week ago you were just fine with where this team was at and you were ripping anyone who even suggested that changes should be made other than to further invest assets and add. And now because you posted a video of Torts and wondered if Coop had that in him we're supposed to infer that you want him gone? Gimme a f**king break.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
It would have to be as a free agent. The Bolts don’t have an enough to pry him away via trade and I agree it wouldn’t make sense to do at the deadline.
Oops, read your post wrong. Thought you were suggesting a trade for him at the deadline. Completely missed where you said ufa.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Lots of fingers to point -- powerplay going dry, but Vasi being outgoalied in 3 consecutive games is not what you want from a 9.5 million player. In fact, he's been the 2nd best goalie about 65% of the time this year.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Coop looked extremely uncomfortable. Like he knows his days are numbered. Never seen him look like that before...totally uncomfortable. Like he is out of answers. Doubt Stammer and Coop are here next yr. Time to turn the page. It happens. Part of life.
In the third, it looked like Coop was being more animated. It's more a sign of the team not having that on the roster.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Sell everything not named Kucherov and give Coop his walking papers. If the rumors are true that Noah Hanifin wants to play here JBB needs to clear cap space to bring him in as a UFA.
I mean outside of Kuch,Point( who also seems off), Hagel,Paul, and Sergachev everything should be on the table. I would like to keep Hedman . HE is slowing still puts up points just doesnt look as good defensively. It could also be he is paired with a rotation of fringe nhl/ahl defensemen Vasi seems off. We have rhe worst nhl defense I have seen in a while.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Really, because I don't recall a single post of yours any time recently calling for Coop to be fired. In fact, less than a week ago you were just fine with where this team was at and you ripping anyone who even suggested that changes should be made other that to further invest assets and add. And now because you posted a video of Torts and wondered if Coop had that in him we're supposed to infer that you want him gone? Gimme a f**king break.
Oh Jesus Christ dude get over yourself. Holy shit.

Reactions: Play

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
In the third, it looked like Coop was being more animated. It's more a sign of the team not having that on the roster.
Got rid of Maroon & Perry because they slowed down but it killed part of the dressing room, especially the vibe/accountability.

I mean outside of Kuch,Point( who also seems off), Hagel,Paul, and Sergachev everything should be on the table. I would like to keep Hedman . HE is slowing still puts up points just doesnt look as good defensively. It could also be he is paired with a rotation of fringe nhl/ahl defensemen Vasi seems off. We have rhe worst nhl defense I have seen in a while.
Hedman gets too much ice time, as a result of Sergachev being out and the overall defense being pretty piss poor.

Reactions: Outl4w

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Detroit ain't going anywhere cuz.
They have a great pool of young players and promising prospects. That was something Yzerman did really well here stockpiling talent, but unlike here, they still haven't made the playoffs yet. I think they'll break through eventually, but there are some in Detroit that are growing impatient.

Reactions: Outl4w

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad