Post-Game Talk: 2/20/18 Divealanche 5 @ Canucks 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Lol everyone blaming Gudbranson. It was all coaching. Their box was way too passive. The forwards didnt pressure the point so guys like Barrie and Mackinnon had all day to tee up.

First two Colorado goals were directly off plays where Gudbranson had unpressured opportunities to clear but panicked and hacked the puck to nowhere and the puck was in the back of our net 5 seconds later.

Pretty funny how MacKinnon scores 4 points against Gudbranson on the same day that Benning and Green are gushing about how skill players find it so hard to play against him.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
If Gudbranson wasn’t weakly trying to clear a puck he was standing in no mans land, watching the puck and doing nothing.

I only watched the highlights though.

In the end, it’s unusual to see a team give up 5 PP goals. Thing is that’s what bad teams do.....find ways to lose otherwise winnable games.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Really like Archibald's game, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how seamlessly he is fitting in. PKs, forechecks hard and provides some actual toughness as opposed to the fake variety. Nice to see him rewarded with a goal.

Thought Pouliot had a really strong game on the back end. Downside is this probably extends Holm's time in the press box.

Starting Sutter and Eriksson to start every OT isn't very fun to watch. Would be nice to lead off with our big guns.

We actually got some PPs in this game, but I'm thinking Green should have saved his comments on officiating for this one. Man. Some brutal reffing here.

Still, as losses go, this was pretty ideal. Would rather watch the team score a bunch of goals in a losing effort than getting shut out.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Watched the latter half of last night's game. My god Gudbranson was even worse than usual, amazing to see him flailing and spinning around on that PK in overtime before Colorado predictably scored.

Reactions: Pavel96

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hard to watch the replays during the game when there so didnt really notice Realgud sticking out so badly but then again the Colorado PP just basically did what they wanted so doesnt llok good on ANY of the PKers but interesting that people noticed how bad he looked on the PK cause i tried to notice him 5-5 and didnt see him really stick out that badly

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So I was at last night's game – my first home game since 2001 (note for @y2kcanucks – I didn't pay for the tickets). And for all the regime annoys me, it was fun to see a game in Vancouver again and be back among the majority in the crowd.

The arena was totally unrecognizable to me now, as you can imagine, both from outside and within.

Games are always fun. Get a few beers in ya and it's just hockey. No point going to sit there and pout.

Reactions: Peen and drax0s

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I declined free tickets to the game. Won't lie, Part of me wanted to take them so that I could trash them and leave the seats empty but that would be a dick move to anyone who wants to go.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Do you expect fans to just continually be in a state of permanent delusion and be happy when management is making such terrible moves?

Signing a third pairing dmen who is being played like a 6-7 defender to a 4 million contract is the definition of stupidity.

The only thing dumber are fans defending this out of loyalty to the team or because they're a better fan or some other bs.

No, I'm not happy about the Gudbranson signing either. I generally think that Benning probably should have been let go, and the Aquillinis strike me as meddlesome and fairly incompetent.

However, it's the manner in which many of the 'anti-Benning' folks jump all over any shred of positivity.

Remember, sports isn't just about winning. I mean, when you're playing it might be, but when watching?

I want to watch a team that I care about and enjoy. Am I frustrated? Yes.

But am I a happy enough person that I don't need to cloud my entire experience of watching/talking about the Canucks with negativity 100% of the time? Yup.

So now we have this false delineation between 2 'factions', and it's embarrassing.

We are all Canucks fans, we disagree on some of the nitty gritty stuff, but we want the same thing. Let's treat each other like that's the case.

One of the worst analogies i’ve ever seen in my life, congrats.

That's okay, I suspect there isn't much competition for that honour.

I get it, we should view the Canucks as a junior level team so we can cheer for them no matter what

I'm curious, what part of what you said felt like it was worth the effort? Like, just not responding is an option too if you're not really going to add anything.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
So I was at last night's game – my first home game since 2001 (note for @y2kcanucks – I didn't pay for the tickets). And for all the regime annoys me, it was fun to see a game in Vancouver again and be back among the majority in the crowd.

The arena was totally unrecognizable to me now, as you can imagine, both from outside and within.

The couple games I’ve went to (off of free tickets) I’ve gotten pretty drunk and had a good time. Although I will say that I’ve had just as much fun (if not more) at some Vancouver Giants game.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
[QUOTE="Verbalyst, post: 141851661, member: 47611"]Lol everyone blaming Gudbranson. It was all coaching. Their box was way too passive. The forwards didnt pressure the point so guys like Barrie and Mackinnon had all day to tee up.

Obviously....peeps are still salty about his contract,and the pitchforks are still out..[/QUOTE]
Still out? Were they ever put away?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

I was there too! I enjoyed it too 4 home goalsll do it. Ill go again this year really had a good time. Was expecting more empty seats and the upper section to be more empty esp

Thought Archie played like a 3rd liner on a good team let alone this pile of dog poo

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The Sedins and Del Zotto out there in the last minute of three-on-three OT....is it a 'stealth tank' by Green?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Let the debate begin.....is Gudbranson actually worse than Sbisa?.....based on last year's play and Vegas so far this year, the answer might actually be "yes".....now how scary is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad