GDT: 2/19/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We hoped Hedman would bounce back after a longer off season but he didn't. I don't think giving him time off would make any difference.

Not that I think time off really matters that much, considering everyone else hasn't exactly improved either but he's better this year than last year by a mile.

I wouldn't be too hard, he's carrying a lot for being our 2nd highest paid defenseman.

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Also, it isn't crying to be critical of the team when they are playing like dog shit.

But Carry on.
Big difference between being critical of a team's poor effort in one or two games(especially after a good stretch) and taking the approach after every negative performance of some of the doom and gloom fan club in here. Also, when ppl want to call others fools or insinuate that because they don't like your opinion on the approach the team should take, and then don't like the redponses they get, too bad, what a shame. If they want to continue slinging crap, they can expect responses in kind(probably won't see some of them though, since the ignore feature is a great thing, and lately, becoming much better on the Tampa threads).

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
One thing is for sure fans are not going to like it. He has nothing in the minors to trade of significance no meaningful draft pics to sweeten any deal. And not enough cap space to address the areas needing improvment. The idea that this team is one or two players away is more than optimistic.
How can anyone look at losing by a combined score of 13-4 in two must win games at home as just another couple of losses? It is indicative of something more than the points lost. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.

Reactions: ultra63

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
How can anyone look at losing by a combined score of 13-4 in two must win games at home as just another couple of losses? It is indicative of something more than the points lost. How anyone can deny that is beyond me.
I would probably look at it as a small sample size. Just like winning three games in a row was. And probably why the nhl has an 82 game season.

Reactions: Rschmitz and Hoek

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I agree back to back drubbings like that are demoralizing, Particularly with a core that has had as much success as this one has.

What is even more disturbing is fan reaction that regular season does not mean much. There are a number of these folks in HF. Not only does it matter preseason matters as well. The last decade preseason has been used more and more as a look at young guys. No evaluation of the roster players and chemistry they have. Unless an organization has a stacked roster like we did for about 3 years you can’t just write off the first two or three weeks of the season to see where the roster is.

I did not have confidence in this roster before the start of the season. I thought they would fight for the 2WC if the core was able to minor some of their best years. And while they are still in that area this is the push time and they are faltering. It could be a few years until they are cup competitive again, and this is crediting JBB with the ability to rebuild. A task I’m not sure he can do.

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
It would be GM malpractice to trade any futures for this season.

Of the core (Vasy, Hedman, Kuch, Point, Stamkos) only Point and Kuch still look like they are in their prime and Point's currently a -14. Beyond Hagel, and I guess Cirelli, the supporting cast is inadequate.

This team needs an overhaul, especially so if Vasy doesn't return to form next season. I'm not confident JBB is the GM we want doing it. If we resign Stamkos, we'll regret it and that is one part I think JBB does understand.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
Look, I still reckon we will make playoffs but if we dont I dont really care, we took a bit of time to gel with the last lot and then went on a run, we just have a lot of new blokes now and they need time to gel. It is what is it. If they drastically change the roster again, expect the same year next year.

Its fine, we just won 2 cups and were in it for a 3rd.. its ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad