GDT: 2/19/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Ottawa vs Tampa Bay

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Oh my bad, you're ecstatic.
Isn't it amazing after nearly a decade with 2 Cups, 4 trips to the SCF, 6 trips to the semifinals and more success than any other team during that stretch(except maybe the Pens), now with one rougher than usual year and the team actually having to give a shit the last two months for a change, how many Tampa fans think the team is washed, done, time to blow it up, fire Cooper/JBB sucks, omg full rebuild time.....it's classic stuff.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
remember when vasy was 25-2 or something after a loss?

team is washed...nuke it
It’s too top heavy with absolutely no depth you got point, hagel , Kucherov and Stamkos we they don’t show up there just isn’t anyone else who steps up daily .

We probably need two legit forwards and two more legit defenseman to really be a contender again .

We don’t have the cap space or the assets to go and get these things unfortunately.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Were the new Pittsburgh penguins after there cups a wild card team at best or 9th place in the East
It is inevitable in a cap world. The real question is how is JBB going to respond? We know his MO up to now but hopefully he sees that it's different this time.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I wonder if it would have been smart to just call up Jack Finley or any kid in Syracuse for this game. Let that be the talk of the locker room, have that be the distraction to forget about the Florida game. Shouldn't have to pull that kind of trick with a veteran group, but obviously they didn't respond the way they needed to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducati Boy

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Isn't it amazing after nearly a decade with 2 Cups, 4 trips to the SCF, 6 trips to the semifinals and more success than any other team during that stretch(except maybe the Pens), now with one rougher than usual year and the team actually having to give a shit the last two months for a change, how many Tampa fans think the team is washed, done, time to blow it up, fire Cooper/JBB sucks, omg full rebuild time.....it's classic stuff.
Isn't it amazing that the passage of time is a concept that still eludes some people?

• Haha
Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
The post 04 teams were a lot like our current squad, and they still managed to make it to the postseason. Went absolutely nowhere afterwards but still got there at least.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
one step forward two steps backward with this team. Have such huge wins against the Avs and Bruins and just completely implode the next two games.

This just isn't our year, Vasy is too shaky and we have a Blue line that is thinner than my patience with my toddler. Trade out contracts and guys you know we can't afford and or resign and get assets back at this point. Because if we do make the playoffs we are just round-one fodder for another team.

The post 04 teams were a lot like our current squad, and they still managed to make it to the postseason. Went absolutely nowhere afterwards but still got there at least.

We aren't the leafs and I don't care to become the leafs. Just making the playoffs isn't enough, Championships are always and should always be the goal.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
What a great response after getting absolutely f***ing embarrassed last game. Loved Sheary falling down like a clown when he had a chance on a breakaway. Loved Stammer turning the puck over on their blueline before their third goal. Love watching Vasy back in prime form giving up ten goals in two games. Even Kucherov has been greater than usual the last two games.

It's just awesome that all the work they did beating Boston and Colorado back to back is for dick all of nothing. It's great that guys like ABB get back in the lineup to do absolutely f*** all when we had probably our best stretch of the whole season when we had kids up from Syracuse who actually gave a shit because they had a future to play for.

And people want us to waste our last remaining prime assets to help this team.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I planned to tune in after the 1st last night, glad I bailed. I really don’t know what JBB should do, atleast there are a couple weeks to get more info.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
It is inevitable in a cap world. The real question is how is JBB going to respond? We know his MO up to now but hopefully he sees that it's different this time.
One thing is for sure fans are not going to like it. He has nothing in the minors to trade of significance no meaningful draft pics to sweeten any deal. And not enough cap space to address the areas needing improvment. The idea that this team is one or two players away is more than optimistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad