GDT: 2/18/17 - Wild vs. Predators - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The goalie games played requirement was dropped. Now it's under contract for next year, or RFA that has received a qualifying offer.

From https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592
Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.
Dubs was going to be exposed because we didn't have a goaltender under contract, nor did we have an RFA goaltender that would have been eligible. Thus we had to sign Stalock to meet the requirement.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I trust Russo more than anyone on this. Russo was correct when he was stating the Wild had to get a goaltender signed to get Dubs protected, yet sites like Cap Friendly weren't noticing that and said Dubs was already good when he wasn't until we did the Stalock deal.

Russo says Olofsson is eligible, I trust he is eligible.

He is on his 3rd pro season.... there is no stipulation that a season lost to injury doesn't count as a season. For his contract it counted as a pro season, so not sure why it wouldn't for the Draft.

The Dub thing with Cap Friendly actually didn't have him as auto protected. The Wild didn't meet the qualifying requirements, but could be worked around by selecting him as protected. Their teams don't require that teams meet the requirements. Players with NMC's could be deselected and someone else picked.

Looking now CapFriendly Olofsson as not exempt. I don't know, was just relaying what I've seen and read.

I never disagreed about Dub not being protected until Stalock was signed. I mentioned a couple of months ago in the expansion thread, that we needed to get a goalie under contract.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
The goalie games played requirement was dropped. Now it's under contract for next year, or RFA that has received a qualifying offer.

From https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592
Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

I was talking about the minimum eligibility rules with Dubnyk, not specifically the games played rules that apply to forwards and defense.

I was just trying to point out that the 40 / 70 games played rules don't have anything to do with Olofsson's expansion eligibility and using Dubnyk as an example for what those rules are governing.

I probably made it more confusing that it needed to be.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Dub thing with Cap Friendly actually didn't have him as auto protected. The Wild didn't meet the qualifying requirements, but could be worked around by selecting him as protected. Their teams don't require that teams meet the requirements. Players with NMC's could be deselected and someone else picked.

Looking now CapFriendly Olofsson as not exempt. I don't know, was just relaying what I've seen and read.

I never disagreed about Dub not being protected until Stalock was signed. I mentioned a couple of months ago in the expansion thread, that we needed to get a goalie under contract.
It's basically this simple for base eligibility... two years or less? Exempt. 3yrs or more? Eligible. The only thing that can change that, as long as the minimum requirement is met for the team on having players exposed is NMC and whether a team designates a player as protected.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Wild are 2 points behind the Av's best possible points total for the season (86).

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So much this

Yeah, but Scandella doesn't get to play with Brodin. Wanna bet that if Olofsson and Scandella traded places we'd be singing a different song?

I do like Olofsson's offense. Those big legs eat up a lot of ice in a hurry.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, but Scandella doesn't get to play with Brodin. Wanna bet that if Olofsson and Scandella traded places we'd be singing a different song?

I do like Olofsson's offense. Those big legs eat up a lot of ice in a hurry.

Dunno, Olofsson has looked good without Brodin too. Scandella hasn't look good most of the year.

I don't think Olofsson has near as good of footwork as Brodin, Spurgeon, Suter; but he has looked on par with Scandella in that regard.

Olofsson/Dumba pairing would be the ultimate test of how good he really is. Scandella and Brodin both have decent time paired with Dumba.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Well, Predators fans seem so salty and frustrated about everything. Must be hard to suck that much against us though. And still bitter about Suter and booing them makes them look like a clingy ex who can't get over anything.

d5a.png

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Meh, they're even more mad that we hardly look at them as even being relevant at the moment.

Our success + their struggles = Preds fans like this...

1893643e0d5edd3714fc680f2d03c394.png

They're starting to hate us as much as Avs fans already do.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Meh, they're even more mad that we hardly look at them as even being relevant at the moment.

Our success + their struggles = Preds fans like this...

1893643e0d5edd3714fc680f2d03c394.png

They're starting to hate us as much as Avs fans already do.
Take it as a compliment. The more teams hate you, the more it means you must be doing something right. Well, unless you're the Oilers. ;)

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Yeah, great win! Actually the nicest part was to give them a couple of goals, like a taste how it would feel.. and then destroy them.

2 points, to the next one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad