GDT: 2/18/17 - Wild vs. Predators - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eye Floater

Feb 3, 2009
USA
Koivu line has 4 of 5 goals tonight, yet FSN is dedicating a segment to Parise's "compete level" in the post-game.

God I hate FSN so much.

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Koivu line has 4 of 5 goals tonight, yet FSN is dedicating a segment to Parise's "compete level" in the post-game.

God I hate FSN so much.

I'm petty sure Koivu and Granlund don't give a **** about that, and if Zucker has rubbed off their attitude he doesn't either :nod:

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Anyone with at least 2 years in the AHL/NHL is available.

He shouldn't be on their radar unless he is part of a trade to protect someone else. There are better options available on our team.

Brodin will be protect. Not looking at forwards. Scandella, Dumba or Olofsson? Give me Olofsson every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Brodin will be protect. Not looking at forwards. Scandella, Dumba or Olofsson? Give me Olofsson every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I would take Dumba.

Dumba has highest potential and his early defensive struggles will help them secure lottery picks while he is figuring it out.

It would be a mistake to build the team too fast, they are gonna need high end forwards that are easiest to get at the top of the draft.

For a team like Colorado that already has the forward talent, they would be better off targeting players like Olofsson, or Larsson like Edmonton did.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Guess he has to play 40 NHL games this season OR 70 the last two years. Guessing he is exempt
70 NHL games the last two years? I think that is 70 professional games, isn't it?

AHL players are eligible for the draft.

Here's the cause of confusion...

Player Exposure Requirements
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.
That just means that the Wild are required to have ONE D-man exposed in the draft that have played 40 games this season or 70 games over the past two seasons in the NHL. The Wild will EASILY meet that requirement. That doesn't mean anyone who does NOT meet that requirement is exempt.

Olofsson will be draft eligible.

Last edited:

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

The 40/70 games rule isn't an exemption eligibility rule.

It is a rule that makes sure teams expose NHL caliber players for each position.

This is why Dubnyk was going to be exposed prior to signing Stalock, he was the only goalie we had that currently fit the minimum eligibility rules.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Based on what rule?

2 years pro rule. 10 games is a pro year IIRC.

13-14 8 games (after college) 19 yo
14-15 1 game (injured all year) 20 yo this is the questionable year.
15-16 54 games 21 yo
16-17 51 games (so far) 22 yo

This is the vague part with Olofsson: "All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits)."

If the year he played 1 pro game as a 20yo counts as a pro year then he'd have to be exposed. If it follows the 10 pro games played under contract as a pro year, then he's be exempt. I've seen him exempt and exposed on different draft tools. :dunno:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
2 years pro rule. 10 games is a pro year IIRC.

13-14 8 games (after college) 19 yo
14-15 1 game (injured all year) 20 yo this is the questionable year.
15-16 54 games 21 yo
16-17 51 games (so far) 22 yo

This is the vague part with Olofsson: "All first- and second-year professionals, as well as all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward their club's applicable protection limits)."

If the year he played 1 pro game as a 20yo counts as a pro year then he'd have to be exposed. If it follows the 10 pro games played under contract as a pro year, then he's be exempt. I've seen him exempt and exposed on different draft tools. :dunno:

I trust Russo more than anyone on this. Russo was correct when he was stating the Wild had to get a goaltender signed to get Dubs protected, yet sites like Cap Friendly weren't noticing that and said Dubs was already good when he wasn't until we did the Stalock deal.

Russo says Olofsson is eligible, I trust he is eligible.

He is on his 3rd pro season.... there is no stipulation that a season lost to injury doesn't count as a season. For his contract it counted as a pro season, so not sure why it wouldn't for the Draft.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The 40/70 games rule isn't an exemption eligibility rule.

It is a rule that makes sure teams expose NHL caliber players for each position.

This is why Dubnyk was going to be exposed prior to signing Stalock, he was the only goalie we had that currently fit the minimum eligibility rules.

The goalie games played requirement was dropped. Now it's under contract for next year, or RFA that has received a qualifying offer.

From https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansion-draft-rules/c-281010592

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad