GDT: 2/17/24 - 5:00PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Didn't we win the 2021 cup after losing 9-3 to Florida? Or was that 2022
This game was not that game. We were the champs and had an off night with the playoffs assured. The circumstances a lot different here. We're three years removed from our peak and while we have shown flashes on occasion, we have been consistently slightly better than average all year. We just got humiliated on home ice in a game we really needed and not just for the two points.. No doubt Coop will be selling this as just another loss, two points not gained, but even he won't believe it. This was the Saturday Night Massacre, the night the rest of the league knew for sure that the Bolts were no longer a real threat. Probably a playoff team, still capable of winning against anyone on any given night, but not of winning a series against elite competition.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
This game was not that game. We were the champs and had an off night with the playoffs assured. The circumstances a lot different here. We're three years removed from our peak and while we have shown flashes on occasion, we have been consistently slightly better than average all year. We just got humiliated on home ice in a game we really needed and not just for the two points.. No doubt Coop will be selling this as just another loss, two points not gained, but even he won't believe it. This was the Saturday Night Massacre, the night the rest of the league knew for sure that the Bolts were no longer a real threat. Probably a playoff team, still capable of winning against anyone on any given night, but not of winning a series against elite competition.
Fair post. That's why we should try for a reset next year. Otherwise, giving away more assets for no reason is dumb. It's not like we are "close" We aren't.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I’ll definitely give JBB a passing Grade with the contracts of hagel and Paul every thing else has been horrible way too much for cirell, cernak and serg

Trade sheary and a 1st in 2026 for David savard he fit well here I’d take him back at 3.5 aav
It's not way too much for any of them.l, especially with the cap starting to move at a normal pace. I want no part of Savard again. I'm hoping for Barabanov or Duclair if he's going after a middle 6 winger. Maybe Novak or Dowd for a 3rd line C(although I think it would be better to get the winger and move Paul to 3C). Get Walker preferably for the blue line, as he can help on tbe left this season and them on the right once Serg is back(Tampa should be able to afford him moving ahead depending on Stamkos). If not, Lyubushkin and/or Seeler could both be brought in for stabilization. I hope they don't pat big assets for Hanifin, Tanev, or a higher name ufa winger, as they probabaly couldn't keep any of them past this season.

Reactions: Outl4w

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
It's not way too much for any of them.l, especially with the cap starting to move at a normal pace. I want no part of Savard again. I'm hoping for Barabanov or Duclair if he's going after a middle 6 winger. Maybe Novak or Dowd for a 3rd line C(although I think it would be better to get the winger and move Paul to 3C). Get Walker preferably for the blue line, as he can help on tbe left this season and them on the right once Serg is back(Tampa should be able to afford him moving ahead depending on Stamkos). If not, Lyubushkin and/or Seeler could both be brought in for stabilization. I hope they don't pat big assets for Hanifin, Tanev, or a higher name ufa winger, as they probabaly couldn't keep any of them past this season.
None of those moves make us a cup contender. That's the problem. Just throwing crap against the wall.

Kuch is having a career year and we are a borderline wild card team.

Reactions: Bartleby

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Eh, I'm not going to overreact. Panthers are a damn good team, they beat us like a drum and it's clear they are in a different class than us right now. That doesn't mean that we don't deserve a shot in the playoffs though, let's win Monday

Didn't we win the 2021 cup after losing 9-3 to Florida? Or was that 2022

I appreciate the attempt to find the silver lining in this :laugh:

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
None of those moves make us a cup contender. That's the problem. Just throwing crap against the wall.

In your opinion, cool. Most of your posts are as doom and gloom as Byrd, so again, we'll agree to disagree.

Reactions: Master P

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
In your opinion, cool. Most of your posts are as doom and gloom as Byrd, so again, we'll agree to disagree.
None of those players move the needle. It's cosmetic at best. You think adding any of those players make us a cup contender?

Seriously? Is it possible you're in denial a bit?

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
None of those players move the needle. It's cosmetic at best. You think adding any of those players make us a cup contender?

Seriously? Is it possible you're in denial a bit?
Barclay Goodrow move the needle for you when we signed him?

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011

I don’t think this team is far off but there’s some fat that needs to be trimmed. (Paul out of the Top 6, and Sheary out of the lineup the bottom 6 looks a lot better)

Getting a goal scorer to play with Cirelli & Hagel would help alot. Paul is obviously the worst player on that line lol

Last edited:
Reactions: aylib

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Barclay Goodrow move the needle for you when we signed him?
You live in fantasy land. When we got Goodrow we were still a team on the way up and still had assets and draft picks to move. It's FIVE years later now and the cupboard is bare, the credit cards have been maxed out and the roster doesn't have enough talent to support any hockey trades that will improve the team.

Reactions: Powerplay17

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I don’t think this team is far off but there’s some fat that needs to be trimmed. (Paul out of the Top 6, and Sheary out of the lineup the bottom 6 looks a lot better)

Getting a goal scorer to play with Cirelli & Hagel would help alot. Paul is obviously the worst player on that line lol
Ok...who? What top 6 scorer are we trading for? And with what assets? You say it like it's an easy fix or something.

The team has been in an overall decline for a while. We using magic beans?

Reactions: Powerplay17

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
You live in fantasy land. When we got Goodrow we were still a team on the way up and still had assets and draft picks to move. It's FIVE years later now and the cupboard is bare, the credit cards have been maxed out and the roster doesn't have enough talent to support any hockey trades that will improve the team.
We'll just have to see what happens at the trade deadline. Team looked great against Col and Bos, then laid and egg tonight.

They've been trending in the right direction since the all star break.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Was basically going to say the same thing they lost to them bad in the regular season before. It's not over yet. We need to make a move or two. I still would. Is the team going to be better than this next year or year after that? I don't know the answer to that. I dont think that entirely justifies a move but I think as long we have a healthy kuch vasi and Hedman we have a shot. I kno its not the same team as then but it's not a bad point either. We've see us play well recently we are allowed to have a bad game vs a rival. Let's not see it be consistent then maybe I fully agree with the negativity here. I still think the team has a shot. Maybe that's the Homer in me...
Eh, I'm not going to overreact. Panthers are a damn good team, they beat us like a drum and it's clear they are in a different class than us right now. That doesn't mean that we don't deserve a shot in the playoffs though, let's win Monday

I appreciate the attempt to find the silver lining in this :laugh:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Was basically going to say the same thing they lost to them bad in the regular season before. It's not over yet. We need to make a move or two. I still would. Is the team going to be better than this next year or year after that? I don't know the answer to that. I dont think that entirely justifies a move but I think as long we have a healthy kuch vasi and Hedman we have a shot. I kno its not the same team as then but it's not a bad point either. We've see us play well recently we are allowed to have a bad game vs a rival. Let's not see it be consistent then maybe I fully agree with the negativity here. I still think the team has a shot. Maybe that's the Homer in me...
The team is 11-4 in their last 15 games.

If we can add a couple solid pieces and make the playoffs anything can happen.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
We'll just have to see what happens at the trade deadline. Team looked great against Col and Bos, then laid and egg tonight.

They've been trending in the right direction since the all star break.
We're 3-3 since the all star break. Perhaps you confused the word "trending" with "treading", as in treading water.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
We're 3-3 since the all star break. Perhaps you confused the word "trending" with "treading", as in treading water.
Yeah, the first two games back they were slow and rusty from the time off. They then won 3 in a row before tonight.

I mean they are 0-1 in their last 1 game. Or I could say they are 3-1 in their last 4.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
Yeah, the first two games back they were slow and rusty from the time off. They then won 3 in a row before tonight.

I mean they are 0-1 in their last 1 game. Or I could say they are 3-1 in their last 4.
Yes, and in games we don't lose, we're undefeated!

If you don't work in politics, the law or in the selling of snake oil, you missed your calling.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Ok...who? What top 6 scorer are we trading for? And with what assets? You say it like it's an easy fix or something.

The team has been in an overall decline for a while. We using magic beans?

Tarasenko? Forsberg? Duclair?

I wouldn’t call all our picks except our 1st in 25 “magic beans” or the 12.5 mil in cap space after this season..

Edit: I agree that this team is in decline but they literally won btb cups so there really was nowhere to go but down.

I think this team is close without stamkos to be honest and that cap should be used for a better winger or C if we don’t get one at the TDL.

Bartleby

I would prefer not to.
Mar 2, 2022
Ocala, FL
I picked the last 15 games as a sample size for how the team has been playing of late.
You picked "since the all star break", your words, and then when that period of time was found to be not quite as "trending" as you thought, you decided that the first two didn't count. If that ain't cherry picking, I don't know what is.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Tarasenko? Forsberg? Duclair?

I wouldn’t call all our picks except our 1st in 25 “magic beans” or the 12.5 mil in cap space after this season..

Edit: I agree that this team is in decline but they literally won btb cups so there really was nowhere to go but down.

I think this team is close without stamkos to be honest and that cap should be used for a better winger if we don’t get one at the TDL.
We will have to outbid other teams for Forsberg or Vlad. Some of you act like we are the only team in the market to improve. That's part of the problem. Duclair is worthless. Pass. Dude is washed. I guess we'll what JBB has up his sleeve. Hope it is better than his last few decisions.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
You picked "since the all star break", your words, and then when that period of time was found to be not quite as "trending" as you thought, you decided that the first two didn't count. If that ain't cherry picking, I don't know what is.
They have been though. They won 3 straight and beat two of the best teams in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad