GDT: 2/15/24 - 7:00PM EDT - Colorado vs Tampa Bay

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I wonder how they record that particular statistic, seems difficult to measure correctly.
Its basically telling you if your xGA goes up or down if you launch the puck at the open net. Also when the icing occurs, you get a break and it becomes 50/50 basically again.

Reactions: Rschmitz

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Its basically telling you if your xGA goes up or down if you launch the puck at the open net. Also when the icing occurs, you get a break and it becomes 50/50 basically again.

I'm just curious with the variables in this case. Does it take into account all of the times you never shoot towards the net because you got scored on or had the puck trapped in your zone? Keeping track of when the puck is deflected out versus shot out seems like a dubious task.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
Unsung heroes: Fleury, who has turned into Jan Rutta, Mr. Steady. And- I’ll say it - Perbix, who has really picked it up over the last 15 or so games, after looking like Bambi, walking on ice while eating with a spoon, in the first half of the season.

Last edited:

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
Just curious, why didn't Kuch get an assist on the first goal? Shouldn't he have had a 4-pt night?
(Maybe I'm crazy, but 2 goals + stretch pass to Stammer + Point's goal. = 4 pts?). I could hear the rink announcer crediting him with an assist on the first goal--was it taken away?

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Just curious, why didn't Kuch get an assist on the first goal? Shouldn't he have had a 4-pt night?
(Maybe I'm crazy, but 2 goals + stretch pass to Stammer + Point's goal. = 4 pts?). I could hear the rink announcer crediting him with an assist on the first goal--was it taken away?
It was taken away

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
We're one step closer to my dream of wrestling avatars coming true
iu

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Any word on Cernak and Paul? I heard the broadcast say they both went to the locker room in the 3rd. Can't remember if they came back.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Any word on Cernak and Paul? I heard the broadcast say they both went to the locker room in the 3rd. Can't remember if they came back.
Cernak came back and was fine. Paul didn’t play a shift in the 3rd period. No word on what caused him to leave the game or what’s his status after it.

Also great job by Eyssimont sliding into Paul’s spot next to Cirelli and Hagel tasked with shutting down Rantanen and MacKinnon. Colorado’s only goal in the 3rd came on the pp

Last edited:

Soul Assumption

Jul 18, 2022

Girard touched the puck, but it wasn't under his control. I don’t know why Kuch assist was taken away. Wouldn't have happened to McDavid. NHL steals points to make the race closer.

• Wow
Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad