Post-Game Talk: 2/15/18 | Canucks 1 @ Sharks 4

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
Uh, you don't recall him being outplayed by his backups his first two years here while the coaches were spoon feeding him all the easy games?

I'm not even a fan of Miller, but he stole a lot of games and didn't let in nearly as many soft goals as Marky does. The numbers also show Miller was better.

All I know is that this goaltending duo is the worst in the league and I really hope Demko is the real deal

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
I recall Miller winning quite a few games we deserved to lose.

Honest.

I also recall him blowing a bunch of games they might've won too. Nearly 40% of his starts last season saw him give up 4+ GA and in 60% of those games the Canucks managed 3+ goals so they could've won a lot of the ones they lost had they gotten adequate goaltending.

Markstrom on the other hand has allowed 4+ GA in only 27% of his starts this season and only 27% of those games were games where the Canucks scored 3+ goals.

Reactions: PM and MS

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'm not even a fan of Miller, but he stole a lot of games and didn't let in nearly as many soft goals as Marky does. The numbers also show Miller was better.

All I know is that this goaltending duo is the worst in the league and I really hope Demko is the real deal

Miller had a good stretch to close out his 3rd year here and somehow it's caused everyone to forget how completely mediocre he was in his first 2 years here as he was blowing games regularly, couldn't track a point shot to save his life, and was outplayed by his backups both years. It's nuts.

Reactions: tantalum and timw33

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
8 wins in their last 30. I had my doubts that this team could tank as well as Willie's teams did down the stretch but I might be wrong. Pretty pathetic display for a mostly healthy team the last couple of weeks.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I also recall him blowing a bunch of games they might've won too. Nearly 40% of his starts last season saw him give up 4+ GA and in 60% of those games the Canucks managed 3+ goals so they could've won a lot of the ones they lost had they gotten adequate goaltending.

Markstrom on the other hand has allowed 4+ GA in only 27% of his starts this season and only 27% of those games were games where the Canucks scored 3+ goals.
Maybe Miller had more ups and downs and Markstrom has been more level.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Next game this should be the first unit on the PP and just line 1. PRO BENNING CRAP:

Eriksson Sutter Virtanen
Poo Gud

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
It's sad that there are literally 3 players I want on the Canucks moving forward that played tonight. And the third one (virtanen) is okay but not amazing.

I know people go on about our prospect pool, but even if most of them pan out there are still a ton of holes.

It just all makes me sad. That's all

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Miller had a good stretch to close out his 3rd year here and somehow it's caused everyone to forget how completely mediocre he was in his first 2 years here as he was blowing games regularly, couldn't track a point shot to save his life, and was outplayed by his backups both years. It's nuts.

Add to that he'd be blown out (4+) at a higher rate than Markstrom, something like 18-20% of his starts.

Oh and his awful pouty body language towards teammates when letting in a goal.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
8 wins in their last 30. I had my doubts that this team could tank as well as Willie's teams did down the stretch but I might be wrong. Pretty pathetic display for a mostly healthy team the last couple of weeks.
As a healthy squad they have been pathetic....I'm glad JB got his extension,but all that talk about his extension being based on the teams performance down the stretch is obviously horse poo...

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles

Sorry to burst your bubble but Miller gave up like 4+ more goals in like 20% of his starts. Yeah he played well when he did but it’s really a myth that he was steady.

Reactions: timw33

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Sorry to burst your bubble but Miller gave up like 4+ more goals in like 20% of his starts. Yeah he played well when he did but it’s really a myth that he was steady.
That seems to be what happened. He summoned up the odd monster performance and stole some games and crapped the bed on some occasions. Marky is more of a flatline of sub mediocrity.

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
Maybe Miller had more ups and downs and Markstrom has been more level.

Yeah, that's a fair way to look at it, but the end result is the same. In fact Markstrom has a better record than Miller did last year (.440 vs .398) while playing behind an offense that's pretty much just as bad (26th vs 29th best). I mean, Miller only won 18 games in 54 starts last year; how many games could he have possibly stolen?

Reactions: dim jim

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad