GDT: 2/14/2013 - Avs@Wild - 7:00 PM CST - FS-N, FS-WI - "Valentine's Day Edition"

Billy Mays Here*

Meh, since we actually scored more than one goal I'm not as pissed about this game as I probably should be.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
To be honest, I ain't even mad. :laugh:

First stage: Denial
Second stage: Anger
Third stage: #@$! it!

After reaching the 3rd stage, it's all good. Me likey.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
That's what they're looking for.
I hate the thought of dealing Seto but could change my mind if the pieces coming back are right.

It just seems that we are now seeing a Seto that is playing as complete a game as we have experienced from him since getting him and we are now going to ship him off when at 26 he should be coming into his own and it really does appear over the past week that him and Granlund are starting to gel.

I really fear we are going to trade Seto and be on this board in two years asking ourselves why the hell we ever did such a thing.

Billy Mays Here*

I hate the thought of dealing Seto but could change my mind if the pieces coming back are right.

It just seems that we are now seeing a Seto that is playing as complete a game as we have experienced from him since getting him and we are now going to ship him off when at 26 he should be coming into his own and it really does appear over the past week that him and Granlund are starting to gel.

I really fear we are going to trade Seto and be on this board in two years asking ourselves why the hell we ever did such a thing.

My thoughts as well.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il

Seto has been playing well since being demoted a few games ago.

I really don't know what to think in regards to him anymore. If he played like this all the time I don't think I would trade him. I just don't know if he has been told something that really motivated him, like you prove yourself and we'll trade you to Pitt. I don't know...

We shall see what happens I guess. If he doesn't want to be here, then it would be best to move him. If the way he is playing now, is the real Seto, if he stays a little more consistent, I would keep this Seto.

Steve Cockburn

Feb 8, 2013
What I saw:

- Heatley in the first line, looks like a better idea than the 2nd. Still, not doing enough, buyout please.

- Falk is making a lot of mistakes, not just this game but every game so far. Stands out just for that.

- In the previous game Granlund did well as a center, now moved to the wing. This can't be good, Yeo should decide already where to play him. His skating was ok, but looks like he is scared to make creative plays. I have a feeling he is just trying to avoid mistakes, but in the long run is not going to work for his skillset.

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
With regards to trading Seto, the only thing Pitt has that interests me is Despres or possibly Morrow. Our top 4 d would be sick for years to come...

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
What did you guys think of Yeo's postgame press conference?

I don't care what he said. There's a 99% chance it's just the same crap on a different day. Same with the players' post-game interviews- I don't care. They can compare the other teams to Martians and say their next stop is the nearest bar. It doesn't matter. Well, talking about Martians would at least make the interview interesting. All these guys speak hockey jargon and what comes out of their mouths makes no difference to me.

As for the game itself; I really have a hard time taking shootout results seriously, no matter which way they go. You could just as well flip a coin to determine who gets the two points. We should've won this 2-3 on regulation, but this is just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. We netted three goals, first line's working again and we got a point. It's not the end of the world to lose a point.

Last edited:

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
When did this team last score in the 1st period? Have been flat coming out of the gate for most of the games I've seen =/

I believe this team is one training camp from success. The small things are there, individually they're doing OK, but as a team they're not clicking at a constant basis. You can see it in the timing and passes. Some of Granlunds passes for example seem to surprise a lot of his team mates, forcing them handle it like a hot potato. Likewise with Parise's passes (with the exception of Koivu, those two seem to be clicking). Defensively it's all there, just offensive positioning and passing requires some more practice. Right now they're playing very simple offensively, just passing the puck to the crease all the time when they don't know what else to do. Very little cycling and few open chances. But I'm optimistic.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
God ****ing damn it.

Missed the game last night, just watched it on GC. Ugh. Just... ugh. The non-call on that Bäcks trip was horrible, cost us the game. Way to go refs. Our shootout performance was... bad.

No excuses. Makes me want to go to a killing spree on some kittens.

On the plus side, well, we scored 3. Against the worst D in the league. :facepalm:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
we scored 3 goals i guess thats a big positive right? why no call on the cheapshot running our goalie? is that something shanaban could look at? i thought it was intent to injure. well, the funny thing is we'll probably win our last 10 games, still miss the playoffs & blow a good draft pick. gotta luv our wild!

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I am not as pissed as I thought I was last night.

We did score goals last night. Yes, the D for Colorado was awful but you still have to put it in the net no matter what and we did. Also, I was one who hated Heatley leaving the Parise and Koivu line because I felt like that line was powerful and we were getting the best out of Heatley on that line. I really do believe he was pouting off that line and wasn't skating as a result. That sucks if true but oh well, he is back on that line again and we saw production last night so that's proof he should remain on that top line. I do not understand why Yeo is splitting up Brodin and Suter. What he was doing there, I am not sure.

Overall, at least we received a point. Seriously, it could have been a lot worse. We are still in position to get into the playoffs, we just have to find some consistency and have some patience that the team will gel in a more profound way pretty soon.

We should take the next day or two, rest, work on chemistry, and get ready to take down Detroit.

Last edited:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
With regards to trading Seto, the only thing Pitt has that interests me is Despres or possibly Morrow. Our top 4 d would be sick for years to come...

If Morrow is a realistic opportunity then pull the trigger before Shero changes his mind. IMO, he's the Pens' best prospect and one of my favorites. I think he's gonna be a stud. Still think Despres is the best we will do which is meh.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Not going to get bent out of shape about that loss last night. This team still hasn't found any consistency yet and that's what's holding them back from pulling away from teams like Colorado. Getting more than 1 goal in regulation was a step forward as far as I'm concerned.

I do like having Heatley back on the top line too. Even with his inconsistency so far this season, he still makes the entire line more dangerous than when he's playing on any other line.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $935.00