GDT: 2/14/2013 - Avs@Wild - 7:00 PM CST - FS-N, FS-WI - "Valentine's Day Edition"

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Yup. I miss Miettinen and Bruno in our top line. Want Bellanger back as well. And Mark Parrish. The one that got away.

Imagine how good our defense would be if we still had him.

Cam+Barker+Minnesota+Wild+v+New+Jersey+Devils+mtBisUz-Ukal.jpg

Martin-Luther-King-I-have-a-dream.jpg

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
This team was always a 6-8 team going into this year. They are off the mark a little but not by much. Just need eveyrone one the same page.

Phant03

Jan 18, 2013
They missed their chance at redemption when they didn't sign him again after the Texas Stars cut him...........:amazed:

OpRedDawn*

so... clutter concussion I'm guessing? Out, played a bit, then out again... never like that combo.

Who comes up then? Zucker?

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I can't stand all of these new people. Jesus Christ. Were not playing THAT bad. It's going to take time. 1st line looked good, keep them together. Stop this buyout Heatley nonsense. He's our 3rd best forward. It's not close.

Granlund looks good. He's now one of our best forecheckers and making things happening shift in and shift out. Still thinks he looks better offensively as a winger, but he is very defensively responsible IMO. Granlund looks good.

Seto looks good too. Not finishing obviously, but he's still playing hard. Seto-Brodz-Granlund looked really really good. Brodz is that bruising guy that helps Granlund.

There's our top 2 lines right now.

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Seto-Brodziak-Granlund

We want puck possession right? Or, at least that's what all you guys are crying about. Ok, let's play Pierre Marc. Sure he has some faults, but he's also our best guy at carrying the puck into the zone and making things happen. He's going to lose the puck more than other guys too simply because he's trying to make plays instead of safely dumping it. Insert him 3rd line.

If Clutterbuck is out for a while...call up Zucker. From what I've heard Zucker isn't afraid to play a little physical and basically play like Seto (with finishing ability) Put him on the 3rd line. Center then with Cullen. (Defensively responsible, good face off man. Speedy. That can be our speed line)

Let's recap we've now got...

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Seto-Brodz-Granlund
Bouchard-Cullen-Zucker

The 4th line that obviously leaves Mitchell, Konopka, Rupp.

So,

Parise-Koivu-Heatley
Seto-Brodz-Granlund
Bouchard-Cullen-Zucker
Mitchell, Konopka, Rupp

There's your 4 offensive lines.

Defensively again the first line is obvious Suter/Brodin.

Gilbert is the guy obviously on the second pairing. Who do we pair with him?

Well what are we all claiming for? Puck possession...tape to tape passes...clean breakouts...etc. So, who do we want to play as little as possible? Falk/Stoner.

Who is arguably our best defense at that? Spurgeon. (Don't give me any bull about the goal today, that was simply bad luck and he was out there with Falk.)

Gilbert is also probably our most physical defense so this would work pretty well.

Top 4

Suter/Brodin
Gilbert/Spurg

Obviously, I think we would all cringe at the thought of Falk/Stoner out there together. That means putting one of these guys through waivers. Which, i'm 100% fine with. These guys are dime a dozen.

Call up Scandella. He's struggled, but they guy is mobile and can skate. Which, is what we need to turn this team's identity into. I'd keep Stoner

D-Pairings look like...

Suter/Brodin
Gilbert/Spurg
Stoner/Scandella

Lines overall look like...

Parise-Koivu-Heater
Seto-Brodz-Granlund
Butch-Cullen-Zucker
Rupp-Konopka-Mitchell

Suter/Brodin
Gilbert/Spurg
Stoner/Scandella

If you want to hold onto the puck the best with the players we have this is the way too do it.

**Let things click and mesh for awhile. IF things are still going bad...call up Larssen. Replace Cullen or Brodz. Out of those 3 pick your line 2-3 center as you see fit.

Just me...

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
New guy here :cheers:

The Wild don't suck, they aren't the worst team in the league BUT this has been disappointing so far. Not end of the world disappointing but disappointing none the less. With that being said i don't think they are a whole lot of pieces away but we are going to have to wait for those pieces and until then cope with some frustrating losses like the one tonight.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market

The Wild don't suck, they aren't the worst team in the league BUT this has been disappointing so far. Not end of the world disappointing but disappointing none the less. With that being said i don't think they are a whole lot of pieces away but we are going to have to wait for those pieces and until then cope with some frustrating losses like the one tonight.

Whaaaaaaat? Common sense? Whaaaaaat? We could use some here.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

This guy can stay.

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN

this 100%.

Get some of these rookies experience this year and next year we will better. Building a successful team takes more than a couple of nice FA signings in this league. Once our entry level contract players get a little experience and a couple of our underachieving veteran contracts are off the books we will be in much better shape.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I thought the Avs played well. It was a close game, could have gone either way.

I like the current lines, Top 6 is looking good. I also like how Granny has improved his game, but for the love of god, the guy needs to keep skating. He stops skating way too many times when he's carrying the puck.

Also, love the overreactions.

minne

Feb 5, 2013
Minnesota
everyone is rock hard over our new signings but not giving us a chance to build chemistry and get on the same page. I'm disappointed we're not winning but I'm going to be patient and see how it unfolds. 6-6-1 isn't TERRIBLE.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
I thought the Avs played well. It was a close game, could have gone either way.

I like the current lines, Top 6 is looking good. I also like how Granny has improved his game, but for the love of god, the guy needs to keep skating. He stops skating way too many times when he's carrying the puck.

Also, love the overreactions.

"Could have gone either way" isn't even close to good enough when you're playing the 30th place team, minus most of their defense and their star forward.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
"Could have gone either way" isn't even close to good enough when you're playing the 30th place team, minus most of their defense and their star forward.

They still played well. They did not look like a team that is dead last.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
still having fun this season.

get more irate at the crap on here than i do the actual team. even then i can usually just smile it off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad