GDT: 2/13/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Both sides. Missed Simmonds interference, Voracek getting high sticked
You are correct. Both sides are getting screwed.

I am just sick and tired of it. In our case, we have guys that are getting legit injured on things that aren’t even called. I like to remind people that Marchand didn’t even get a penalty on the play that gave Johansson a concussion. It keeps happening to us.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
You are correct. Both sides are getting screwed.

I am just sick and tired of it. In our case, we have guys that are getting legit injured on things that aren’t even called. I like to remind people that Marchand didn’t even get a penalty on the play that gave Johansson a concussion. It keeps happening to us.

I feel you. NHL refs are just purely incompetent it’s quite sad

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
They have been awful both ways though tonight...

Raffl interfered with miles off the play in the first, wrestled down and sat on... no call.
Voracek high sticked when driving to goal in 2nd... no call.
Simmonds high sticked behind net on PP... no call.
Weal held clearly late in the 2nd... no call.

The Gudas play was also clean, he hit him literally ~0.2 seconds after he shot, and had already seemingly committed to in, and the light had not gone and the whistle not gone. Bad result, but not a bad hit by any means.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Any games playing near Toronto? Watching the Olympics with my parents... every time I watch I feel like I just rolled into a busy intersection. Never know which way to look.
Caps and Jets has to be a good one... How's philly looking without Elliot

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You come up with that on your own? Boston has been playing really well lately so it's likely they win a couple and even with a couple wins that 3 points turns into 7.

Can't reason with them... At all.

Example of their thinking: one of them says "Bruins played only 25 away games, Tampa and Toronto 30 & 31"... To which I reply: "Boston has the best away record of any team. We are batting 720 pts% away vs 690 at home, so playing less away games is a disadvantage because we do better on the road"... Reply by them "but, but you only play easy teams!"... Unbeknownst to me, we must have played Arizona for 54 games this year... :facepalm:

And the final gem,"Anyways... Calgary has a better road record"... To which I reply "No. Boston 16-5-4 = 720 pts%... Calgary 16-6-5 = 685"... To that "37 points > 36 points". :facepalm:

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Both sides. Missed Simmonds interference, Voracek getting high sticked
Sure, the refs just suck, but it's every damn game with this shit for the Devils. I'm not exaggerating when I say since Christmas. NJ has been getting abused and no call after no call.

I can understand missing Wood taking a slash away from the puck. I can sort of understand getting the stick wrong on Zajac. but I cannot understand no call on the Hall hit with a player like Gudas. He's lost the benefit of the doubt.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I can’t take the officiating in this league anymore. Gudas hits Hall late. Hall hasn’t returned and looks to have a concussion... no call.

Wood gets slashed... no call.

Zajac just took Voracek’s stick to the mouth and went down and was bleeding.... no call.
Gudas hit was fine, not late.

Wood got slashed on the foot, held his knee

Zajac got high sticker by Voracek's stick that only went up because of the other Devil player lifting Jakes stick.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Gudas hit was fine, not late.

Wood got slashed on the foot, held his knee

Zajac got high sticker by Voracek's stick that only went up because of the other Devil player lifting Jakes stick.
Haha

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I also noticed no mention of Simmonds getting a high sticking penalty when the Devils player high sticked Nico and Simmonds stick is on the ice?

Entertaining game to watch. Refs HAVE been bad in both sides. And hopefully Hall is not hurt long term. He plays balls to the wall.

CBus and NYI just needs to end in regulation.

Edit..Hall is back. He is like Schenn, can't hurt his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad