Post-Game Talk: 2-1 Jets win! exciting game, boring title!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Awesome win, huge.

Drunk as heck, just got out of a cab... like 20 minutes ago.

That win deserves a full 9 Rad Jets Guys out of 9 rating...

3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif

3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif

3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif
3540696_o.gif

Whoohoooo!!!

:xcheers::vampire::dooney::pickle:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Huge win. But Chevy please get on the phone. Frolik/Lowry/Thorburn is a terrible third line.

Thorburn has been solid, very tenacious, on that line, but he should be on the 4th line, as a sparkplug. Our 4th line got 1 shift by my count with us leading, and gave it up with an awful shift hemmed in. My 4th line would be Cormier-Slater-Thorburn, with Halischuk replacing Cormier once healthy. Peluso has not been very good in his zone this year, and Galiardi is, in my opinion, James Wright reincarnated. Cormier gives us a utility faceoff guy, with size and defensive awareness, I think Maurice could make use of him in our lineup, with limited minutes.

Buff is driving the bus on this team, our 2nd line is outstanding, very skilled. What a goal he scored!

I was very impressed with our defense this game, Trouba and Enstrom were noticeably talented at maintaining puck possession for us.

And Hutchinson's name deserves to be mentioned in Calder talks.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Was at the game and man... What a great game! Jets played well. Hutch was clutch! Trouba was sooooo good! Buff comes up big with that ot goal. Feels good!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Bogo had the first chance (easy chance) to clear the puck and didn't. In fact he gave it up a few times tonight but got away with it for the most part.

I'm not sold on his decision making skills.

Huh?

Poor Bogosian can't win. Being blamed for **** when he isn't even on the ice. It was Pardy Chiarot, and you could hardly blame Ben with the idiotic plays Pardy was making.

Wow, the lack of props or respect Bogosian gets around here is stunning.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Huge win. But Chevy please get on the phone. Frolik/Lowry/Thorburn is a terrible third line.

This is simply just not true at all. They were very good tonight. A line with Lowry and Frolik on it is not a terrible line. Even Thorburn has been pretty decent with them.

Ultimately you would want an upgrade to Thorburn but to say they are terrible is just plain wrong.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Huh?

Poor Bogosian can't win. Being blamed for **** when he isn't even on the ice. It was Pardy Chiarot, and you could hardly blame Ben with the idiotic plays Pardy was making.

Bogo was great tonight, loved his physical game. I lumped him in with the best players needing to be the best comment, he is and he was.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

There is a current stereotype in pro sports, that an athlete must either be boring and stoic, or have a bombastic personality that manifests in crass trash-talking and classless shenanigans. That there is no middle ground between Bob Backlund and Richard Sherman.

I like to think that, while Byfuglien is no choir boy, that he crushes that stereotype like he could crush a midget hockey player in the neutral zone.

And by "midget hockey player", I don't mean a post-pubescent but athletically gifted 17 year old boy, I mean Verne Troyer on skates.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Huh?

Agree with you here. Bogo played 24 hard mins against very stiff competition with positive possession #'s and was very physical all night long. The lack of credit he gets sometimes is stunning and how often people are willing to virtually throw him away it trade proposals may be even more stunning.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't know...Bogo has gotten a fair number of props in this thread. I thought he was rock solid last night ftmp. I have no interest in trading him at all...

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
The Wild scare me. We played pretty much as well as this group can, on home ice, Hutch was strong, they were missing two key pieces, and that game still could have gone either way.

Dubnyk is a monster. He will likely regress a bit, but I can see him really carrying the Wild down the stretch. With the Jets, you know Pav will get about 40% of the starts down the stretch and if you just do the math on his record over the last three.five years (or just look at his record this year if you really like Pav and are trying to make a counter argument about how awesome he really is), that spells a lot of points that we are going to give away.

The Wild goal is on Maurice. He needs to be way smarter on his player management. I coach rec soccer where everyone gets a certain amount of time on the pitch and know enough not to load up the field with all of the beginner / weaker players at the same time. The only time I do that is if we are already up three goals and had to remove a player, so that they can score a goal and I can put the player that I had to remove back on the field.

For a big man, Buff is fast and agile. I am really glad that Maurice was reading my posts about a week ago calling for Buff at forward. While everyone else was throwing pies in my face, Maurice was listening.

OK, maybe he moved him up because somehow there became an empty forward seat on the bus, but I prefer to look at it the way I describe. :)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The Wild scare me. We played pretty much as well as this group can, on home ice, Hutch was strong, they were missing two key pieces, and that game still could have gone either way.

I prefer to look at it as a gritty win against a direct rival for a playoff spot, and to look at the very strong possession game the Jets played in all three periods. This was more akin to the strong games they played in the Nov-Dec timeframe - a perfect time for them to rediscover the game that got them here. :nod:

Put another way, from the standpoint of a Minny fan:

The Jets scare me. Minnesota played pretty much as well as that group can, Dubnyk was strong, the Jets were missing a key piece in Kane, and the Jets still won the game.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

yeah, otoh the score could easily have been 3 nothing after the first period...

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I prefer to look at it as a gritty win against a direct rival for a playoff spot, and to look at the very strong possession game the Jets played in all three periods. This was more akin to the strong games they played in the Nov-Dec timeframe - a perfect time for them to rediscover the game that got them here. :nod:

Put another way, from the standpoint of a Minny fan:

The Jets scare me. Minnesota played pretty much as well as that group can, Dubnyk was strong, the Jets were missing a key piece in Kane, and the Jets still won the game.

Dude, when did we pick up Patrick Kane? ;)

We had home ice. We played our 'strong game'. They were missing Carter and Zucker. And it was a coin toss. Hell, I am ecstatic about the outcome, although the clean 2 points would have been better. But I can see them coming hard down the stretch. They scare me.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Dubnyk is a monster. He will likely regress a bit, but I can see him really carrying the Wild down the stretch. With the Jets, you know Pav will get about 40% of the starts down the stretch and if you just do the math on his record over the last three.five years (or just look at his record this year if you really like Pav and are trying to make a counter argument about how awesome he really is), that spells a lot of points that we are going to give away.

The Wild goal is on Maurice. He needs to be way smarter on his player management. I coach rec soccer where everyone gets a certain amount of time on the pitch and know enough not to load up the field with all of the beginner / weaker players at the same time. The only time I do that is if we are already up three goals and had to remove a player, so that they can score a goal and I can put the player that I had to remove back on the field.

For a big man, Buff is fast and agile. I am really glad that Maurice was reading my posts about a week ago calling for Buff at forward. While everyone else was throwing pies in my face, Maurice was listening.

OK, maybe he moved him up because somehow there became an empty forward seat on the bus, but I prefer to look at it the way I describe. :)

Replace the "Wild" with team X and you can probably make the same statement another 20 X's as the season grinds to a close. Nothing will be easy down the stretch. We will be in a dog fight night after night.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
yeah, otoh the score could easily have been 3 nothing after the first period...

But it wasn't. Dubnyk.

And by the end of the game the shots were pretty even. Our first was strong. Their second was strong.

We played a great game. That's my point. Home ice. They were missing Carter and Zucker, we played about as well as this lineup can, The game was a coin toss. Plus, they are going to ride Dubnyk, we are going to rotate Pav in for his games (40% or more probably).

Plus, I don't see Chevy doing anything (as usual), so this is the lineup we carry to the finish line. They were going to miss the post season because they were getting Pav like goaltending. Their guy did something about it - Dubnyk. Now they are back in the mix.

They scare me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad