Post-Game Talk: 2-1 Jets win! exciting game, boring title!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Say what you want, but I meant what I said - the goal isn't Hutch's fault entirely. It's the goalie's job to make stops, and he didn't. He didn't have much of a chance to. Hence why I said I don't fully blame him for the goal.

Not sure why people insist on reading more into it.

I am not readying more into it......the bolded is all I need to toss up the :help:
sign?

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Are you talking about the goal? He openly whiffed on the puck at least twice and turned it over no less than 3 times on that shift. All this after having the opportunity to exit the zone on a simple play up the wall, except he missed the puck!

If Maurice was ok with that it certainly was odd that Pardy left an indentation on the bench after it happened.

It was the end of the shift he got stuck out there it happens he is a 7th Dman I'm sure Maurice isn't losing sleep so we shouldnt

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
Something to consider about last night's game. Dubnyk and Hutch both played amazing and faced a large number of very tough shots. Our regulation goal was off a Minni deflection, their goal was on a play that could have been whistled down on a high stick or a slashing penalty. Both teams hit iron multiple times and had other instances where flukey luck kept the puck out of the net. A very minor bounce here or there and the game could have been 4-0 for either team and we'd either be lamenting how awful Hutch and the team are or how dominant we were when we needed to put Minni to rest. Obviously we need wins to make the playoffs but I feel like some nights we get down on the team after a good effort that results in a loss and get hyped after a loss that we didn't look great in.

Here are some other thoughts on the game

- Surprising that Minni looked so flat out the opening gate and played stronger as the game went on. They played two men down last night, I kind of figured the dogging would come at the end of the game and when they were as lifeless as they were in the first I thought even without getting a goal, we might run the score up as the game went on. Shows how far Minni has come recently.
- I thought overall we outplayed Minni but if you factor in the b2b, it shows how even these two teams are. Very entertaining game.
- I thought Buff getting the penalty when Haula was grabbing him was odd. He grabbed a hold of Buff as Buff tried to stick handle around him and Buff couldn't get his stick around Haula while he was being grabbed. Should have been a penalty on Haula only or both of them. If you call that, I'm not sure how you can ignore the hold on Trouba, the slashes and hooks to the hand on Perreault as he pushed into the Minni zone at the boards and the slash on Slater's stick that lead to the goal on us. There was nothing ridiculously outlandish like the missed too many men call against PIT but these little discrepancies are happening so regularly that it's become tough to swallow. It seems like the grey area between obvious infractions and acceptable physical play results in way more penalties on us than our opponents. The physical play that makes the Jets a good hockey team is forced to be neutered or turned into a disadvantage.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Great game last night, except for me losing 500 vCash, but the Jets need help today to make the playoffs. They are in tight.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Is Huddy still handling the D men? I know in the past Noel didn't have anything to do with the D's shifts. It was up to Huddy to decide who was playing when. If this is still the case, maybe we should be blaming Huddy for putting out the 3rd pairing with the 4th line.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
It was the end of the shift he got stuck out there it happens he is a 7th Dman I'm sure Maurice isn't losing sleep so we shouldnt

Yes, this.

If he wasn't losing sleep over the goal, he might have been over the pylon impersonation Pardy did during the two chances the Wild got all alone during that one PP.

Pardy did not have a good game, that's about it.

Derfel*

I am not readying more into it......the bolded is all I need to toss up the :help:
sign?

Any goal on a goalie implies some level of fault. I'm saying Hutch's level is very low on that goal. You can't deny that it would have been nice for him to get the shutout?

Markus250

Jan 27, 2014
Any goal on a goalie implies some level of fault. I'm saying Hutch's level is very low on that goal. You can't deny that it would have been nice for him to get the shutout?

It would have. And it would have been nice to get a shutout in every other game this season (beyond the three we did). It would have also been nice if we could have traded Kane/Harrison for Crosby/Malkin or Giroux/Voracek and have their teams take half their contract. I'm not going to complain about that not happening and I'm not going to "what if" an over 95% goaltender start that got us two points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad