Confirmed with Link: 1st round - #5OA - D Noah Hanifin - Boston College

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Get the feeling that Hanafin is going to go back to college this year. Lots of other 1st rounders have signed but him.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Get the feeling that Hanafin is going to go back to college this year. Lots of other 1st rounders have signed but him.

Wouldn't be disappointed. At this point I've just come to expect a sucktacular on-ice product. Might as well let the prospects do whatever is best for their development in the faint hope that one day, one day our fortunes will turn.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
except for eichel, none of those players are college players who will forfeit their ncaa eligilbity the moment they sign like hanifin will. it's understandable that he would want to at least go through development camp before making a decision.

also, the hurricanes have typically waited to sign players anyway. fleury didn't sign until august 7 last year.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
except for eichel, none of those players are college players who will forfeit their ncaa eligilbity the moment they sign like hanifin will. it's understandable that he would want to at least go through development camp before making a decision.

also, the hurricanes have typically waited to sign players anyway. fleury didn't sign until august 7 last year.

what is this board coming to, when you are the sane voice of reason :laugh:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
According to a Buccigross tweet, Hanifin is leaning towards signing with the Canes soon. I just hope GMRF isn't pressuring the kid. It won't be the end of the world for him to play 1 more year at BC, but I hope he does sign soon, since his rookie season will at least be something to look forward to.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Hanifin is NHL ready but wasting an ELC year on a throwaway season seems like a bad personnel decision. Would prefer to have him guaranteed to be in a Canes jersey at 26 rather than 18.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
guys please.

it is spelled Hanifin. Not Hanafin. Not Hanifan. H - A - N - I - F - I - N.

No offense or anything, just seems hypocritical if we're gonna mock people who say "stall" or "falk" but can't get our top prospects right.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
guys please.

No offense or anything, just seems hypocritical if we're gonna mock people who say "stall" or "falk" but can't get our top prospects right.

It is spelled Colbert. Not Goalbert. C - O - L - B - E - R - T

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
In fairness, he said "No offense". If you say "No offense" or "With all due respect", it gives you the right to say whatever you want, doesn't it?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
No offense essentially means, I'm about to offend you. It's essentially like saying I'm not a racist, but.....

I'm not convinced on with all due respect. If you say it to someone you don't respect its effectively insulting a person twice. Which is a quality way to go about your business.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
i believe several scouts said he had nothing left to prove at the college level. i am not for rushing prospects, but he will be in our top 4 next year.

After seeing him yesterday, there is NOTHING that kid's gonna learn from playing against that level of competition. His next development step is at some pro level.

guys please.

I think you've got that spelled incorrectly. It's spelled : P - A - N - O - F - I - N - S

Pan_frying_fish.jpg

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
No offense essentially means, I'm about to offend you. It's essentially like saying I'm not a racist, but.....

I'm not convinced on with all due respect. If you say it to someone you don't respect its effectively insulting a person twice. Which is a quality way to go about your business.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
the kings will be bad and we will be bad and we will win the lottery and the kings 1st from the sekera trade will win the 2nd pick in the lottery then we will draft two non-matthews players and complain a lot about it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad