GDT: #19 There Will Be Blood: Devils @ Oilers, 9 PM, MSG+2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
We still need a very good pick this year. And hopefully Zacha, JQ & Blandisi are ready to contribute next season. At least two of the three.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Zacha and Quenneville next season. I suspect we'll see Blandisi sometime this season as well as Boucher.

This is a pivotal year for Boucher, last year of waiver eligibility and last year of ELC. I'm sure the organization is going to want to give him a good look at some point of this season.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I like the team. I think it's better than anyone was willing to give them credit for.

I'm very suspicious of some of the coaching decisions right now. Both tactical and personnel decisions.

As a rule I've always waited 40 games before commenting on a new coach but some stuff seems weird to me from this staff.

To be fair, what are the odds a coaching staff not comprised of you is going to end up doing every single thing you want them to? Every coach is going to do things that you don't agree with. Every single one.

I can only judge so far on effort. Aside from a few weird games, the guys seem to really be putting forth an honest effort every night, and therefore I say he's done a good job to this point.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm honestly not trying to diminish anyone, but let's be honest, Andy is the glue that is holding this entire defense together.

You think if we're replace Greene on that top pairing with any other left handed dman we have it looks the same?

You think Larsson can anchor the the top pairing right now without Greene?

Again, I'm not trying to take away from any of our younger defensemen's progress just let's give credit where credit is due. Andy Greene is a rock.

It depends who you replace Greene with. Larsson isn't at the level where he can single-handily carry a pair like Greene has over the past few years. But if you put him with a competent partner, yes I think Larsson can be the anchor. He's been incredible this season in his own end, and I don't think taking him away from Greene changes that. Obviously there's familiarity between the two that helps, but that goes both ways in my opinion.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Pathetic and shameful effort last night.
They embarrassed the logo.

Team lacks hockey sense and grit lately.

Could turn into a long losing streak if they don't snap out of it soon.

Especially our top forwards.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
It depends who you replace Greene with. Larsson isn't at the level where he can single-handily carry a pair like Greene has over the past few years. But if you put him with a competent partner, yes I think Larsson can be the anchor. He's been incredible this season in his own end, and I don't think taking him away from Greene changes that. Obviously there's familiarity between the two that helps, but that goes both ways in my opinion.
If it depends on who is with him is that really an anchor?

If Larsson played with John Moore, who has made everyone he's played with worse, has given up the most shots per 60 of any of our defensemen by alot, has the most goals allowed per 60 of any of our defense by a lot, what do you think Larsson's numbers would look like? You think Larsson could stabilize John Moore who allows nearly 3 times more goals per 60 than Greene does?

It's really hard to say it goes both ways when Greene has been doing exactly what he's doing for so long with multiple partners.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Kind of knew it was a lost night when on the 5 on 3 and Palmieri and Camm are on the wrong sides not set up for the one timer.

Clueless hockey last night by NJD.

Vanc game very important now.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Merrill was one of the few who played well last night.

I called it on Nilsson yesterday, that we would not score more than 1 goal vs him.

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
You guys need to look on he bright side....since we seem to lose to teams we are better than, but beat teams that are better than us....and we suck...therefore most teams are better than us = cup

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You guys need to look on he bright side....since we seem to lose to teams we are better than, but beat teams that are better than us....and we suck...therefore most teams are better than us = cup

I like this thought process :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad