#39 Anders Nilsson
#33 Cam Talbot

Oilers fans are sad about not having McDavid

There-Will-Be-Blood-quotes-1.gif

Last time we visited Edmonton:

tumblr_nffchpT1HY1tv56dmo1_500.gif

Let's be just as satisfied this time around:

giphy.gif

Time to show them who has the bigger straw.....wait.....

3vMTz.gif

tumblr_m5886u8epx1qed4lqo1_500.jpg

LET'S GO DEVILS!!

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anything fewer than 3 goals on this fatass jabroni, should result in the team spending the night outside in their undies in the 8 degree Edmonton air.

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
If the team has any aspirations of being a playoff contender, tonight is a must win.

Now I know it isn't really a "lose and we're out of playoff contention" game, but after losing to the lowly Flames a few days ago, we absolutely need to bounce back here and get the W we deserve if we think we're a good team.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
If the team has any aspirations of being a playoff contender, tonight is a must win.

Now I know it isn't really a "lose and we're out of playoff contention" game, but after losing to the lowly Flames a few days ago, we absolutely need to bounce back here and get the W we deserve if we think we're a good team.

Agree with you here. That's why I kind of wish it was Cory in net, not Kinkaid, but I still believe that Kinkaid and the rest of the Devils can handle this game.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014

No win tonight after calgary means one big fat layer cake of fail...and the devs each gotta take a bite

I'm hoping they play better in front of Kinkaid than the last time he was in...

*edit*

Actually I take that back, was that the Caps game? We didn't play poorly so much as we were simply outmatched.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
No blood for oil! LGD!

I saw a dozen references to Hugh Weber on Twitter today from the Devils accounts, and wanted to vomit. The guy is so unlikable.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No win tonight after calgary means one big fat layer cake of fail...and the devs each gotta take a bite

*edit*

Actually I take that back, was that the Caps game? We didn't play poorly so much as we were simply outmatched.

He last played in the Canucks game.

He was kind of meh early on. One softy in the opening minutes and had a lot of trouble covering up a weak shot, which led to a goal against about 10 or less seconds later.

He wasn't all bad that game, but I would be happier with Schneider tonight.. If we had gotten a win last game in Calgary, I would have been fine with starting Kinkaid.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

*edit*

Kinky's last game was Vancouver and he didn't look up to game speed which was understandable since he had a long layoff.

Team played alright in front of him and still won the game.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

He was kind of meh early on. One softy in the opening minutes and had a lot of trouble covering up a weak shot, which led to a goal against about 10 or less seconds later.

He wasn't all bad that game, but I would be happier with Schneider tonight.. If we had gotten a win last game in Calgary, I would have been fine with starting Kinkaid.

Agree with you. Kinky was okay his last start (and maybe it was just being a bit rusty from not getting a lot of playing time), but I'd still feel more comfortable with Cory in the net tonight. Cheering for Kinky and the rest of the Devils, though, of course, and I still believe that the Devils can pull out the win, but I'd feel more confident with Cory starting.

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
I don't really care for tonight's lineup. We have a few guys that deserve a seat but get a pass, unless their name is Gellinas or Matteau. Not a good precedent by Hynes, shows bias. Interesting stat Al Rosen through out last night during the Ranger game. 90% of teams leading by a goal going into the third period win. I guess the Devils better be leading tonight going into the third.

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I don't really care for tonight's lineup. We have a few guys that deserve a seat but get a pass, unless their name is Gellinas or Matteau. Not a good precedent by Hynes, shows bias. Interesting stat Al Rosen through out last night during the Ranger game. 90% of teams leading by a goal going into the third period win. I guess the Devils better be leading tonight going into the third.

They had won 4 of 5 going into the Calgary game, it's not as if there are guys who are dragging the team down. They got off to a slow start and Calgary made them pay for it. Give this lineup another chance since they've provided the best play of the season so far.

Make some changes if this game winds up being another rough one, but Hynes isn't setting a bad precedent here at all.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
thanks guys for the reminder it was the 'nucks game that kinky played last

I'd prefer schneider tonight but what's done is done

that said, I do like kinks a lot as our backup and hope he has a stellar showing tonight

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105

You're a greater man than I. I can't watch Rags games with the sound on.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They had won 4 of 5 going into the Calgary game, it's not as if there are guys who are dragging the team down. They got off to a slow start and Calgary made them pay for it. Give this lineup another chance since they've provided the best play of the season so far.

Make some changes if this game winds up being another rough one, but Hynes isn't setting a bad precedent here at all.

Who would anyone really change out anyway - that's realistic to change out so don't say Zajac...O'Neill (who's probably gone soon anyway) and Merrill? And would Matteau for O'Neill or Gelinas for Merrill really make some big difference? Those are pretty much the only changes you can make anyway aside from playing Kinkaid after an off game for Cory which is a bit odd in timing.

There'll be plenty of chances for accountability when Elias and Ruutu come back.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Matteau hasn't shown jack to deserve to be in the lineup.

Not squat.

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
Matteau hasn't shown jack to deserve to be in the lineup.

Not squat.

Yeah, I was always a Matteau supporter, but he needs some serious lessons in defense and offense. I don't see much hope for him. Classic case of rushing a prospect gone bad. This year in the AHL would've been vital to his confidence, especially with Albany finally getting some play makers like Blandisi.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Who would anyone really change out anyway - that's realistic to change out so don't say Zajac...O'Neill (who's probably gone soon anyway) and Merrill? And would Matteau for O'Neill or Gelinas for Merrill really make some big difference? Those are pretty much the only changes you can make anyway aside from playing Kinkaid after an off game for Cory which is a bit odd in timing.

There'll be plenty of chances for accountability when Elias and Ruutu come back.

Exactly. Well said.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Kinky needs to get some games in and Cory needs to get some rest. I'm ok with it. He shouldn't be as rusty tonight as he was last game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad