GDT: #17 New Jersey Devils v.s. Pittsburg Penguins: Slapshot Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Lmfao. How does this exist already? That's highlights from like 5 games.

Man I want a Lars or Rico video package with theme music.

I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw the Devs FB page this tonight. A few games in and already have some great highlights on the books for this guy. I can't wait till the end of the season compilations.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I wonder if they played the video montage over the jumbotron during the third star announcement too? :laugh:

Holy ****! LMFAO is right, I cant believe we're allowed to have fun. Facial hair, high numbers, Camm with #13 and now this, Lou would not be pleased. :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Feisty fourth-liners can become cult figures rather quickly...Cam became a fan favorite almost immediately.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Beyond the winning, it's actually really fun to watch this team and no longer feels like a chore. Something we haven't been able to say the past few years, it's certainly refreshing.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Josh Yohe ✔ @JoshYohe_PGH
I asked Malkin what is wrong with the Penguins. He said: "Everything. We don't play right. We don't play hard. We're mad at each other."

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Beyond the winning, it's actually really fun to watch this team and no longer feels like a chore. Something we haven't been able to say the past few years, it's certainly refreshing.

Definitely true. Team is a lot of fun to watch this year.

The crowd sounded loud tonight and clearly was enjoying themselves. Someone made the point it was like they wanted to just get all the crap from the past few years out and have fun again. Was great to hear.

Been a while since we could chirp at other teams like that

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This Devils team is easy to like. Penguins are basically Crosby, Malkin and the rest is last year's Sabres. They are seriously bad.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

The crowd sounded loud tonight and clearly was enjoying themselves. Someone made the point it was like they wanted to just get all the crap from the past few years out and have fun again. Was great to hear.

Yeah I said it felt like a purging of the last three years. I'm so ecstatic I'm not even annoyed that I couldn't go. Then again the last two games went a long way toward convincing me there will be more fun nights to experience in the nearer future than almost anyone thought.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Aha honestly. The only time the "you suck" chant was relevant the past few years when it was chanted ironically if a team was losing to us, because we sucked as well :laugh:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
We've beaten the Penguins more times (109) than we've beaten any other franchise in the league.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm salivating thinking what might be with a rejuvenated Elias.

Some more progression from the D, some more scoring from the bottom 6 and hot damn!

Elias back, a new shot for a more determined Boucher something extra nice might happen.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah I said it felt like a purging of the last three years. I'm so ecstatic I'm not even annoyed that I couldn't go. Then again the last two games went a long way toward convincing me there will be more fun nights to experience in the nearer future than almost anyone thought.

Loved hearing some Crosby sucks chants.

Honestly makes me more excited for Marty night. Means the crowd will be that much better and into everything.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'm salivating thinking what might be with a rejuvenated Elias.

Some more progression from the D, some more scoring from the bottom 6 and hot damn!

Elias back, a new shot for a more determined Boucher something extra nice might happen.

I do like the idea of an Elias with new fire in his belly coming back and adding more skill to the team.

If he has some juice left in the tank he could give us a big boost.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
amusing and entertaining farnham compilation

didn't take long to provide the material

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012
I'd like to see Elias center the third line. Put him between Tlusty and Tootoo, drop Yayo down between Gio and Wild Thing. Think that may actually bring that elusive bottom six scoring.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I haven't heard a significantly loud ''Crosby Sucks'' chant at the rock since 09-10.

Not with basically the entire crowd into it at least.

He missed a lot of time with injury in 10-11 and 11-12, and we stunk the following 3 years.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I haven't read the Penguins board tonight, I know they don't like their head coach at all though.

I wonder how many ''Why didn't we hire Hynes after the Shero/Bylsma purge?'' posts there are?

Jim. Rutherford.

All you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad