GDT: #17 New Jersey Devils v.s. Pittsburg Penguins: Slapshot Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Tonight at 7pm. live at the Rock and on MSG+ the New Jersey Devils will take on the Pittsburg Penguins in a bid to overtake the Penguins in the standings. After sweeping the season series with Chicago, the Devils come into this game confident and ready to challenge anybody:

FyJ3sXN.gif

Rico is on fire right now:

tumblr_nffchpT1HY1tv56dmo1_500.gif

If he pots another one tonight, he can do this:

slapshot-o.gif

The Devils have been trying to be disciplined, so hopefully they won’t be sent to the sin bin too much:

200_s.gif

Because really nobody really likes being in the penalty box:

tumblr_ml626zUtps1qf8q36o8_250.gif

But if they get whistled for anything, they can always play innocent and ask the ref:

tumblr_ml626zUtps1qf8q36o1_250.gif

In the end, it will probably take some lucky bounces to win:

Martin-Brodeur-Wide-Open-Goal-Save.gif

A win is a win, though, so don’t say:

tumblr_m4mx0cdQop1r9kk3io1_500.gif

Say:

107469-Paul-Newman-slap-shot-yeah-gif-aXOM.gif

And cheer your team to victory!

cJwcdzv.gif

jersey-devil.jpg

New Jersey Devils Lineup:

Cammalleri-Henrique-Stempniak
Kalinin-Zajac-Palmieri
Tusty-Josefson-Tootoo
Farnham-Gionta-O’Neil

Greene-Larsson
Moore-Severson
Merrill-Schlemko
Gelinas

Schnedier

penguin-clip-art-tux_penguin_clip_art_6606.jpg

Pittsburg Penguins Lineup:

Dupuis-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Malkin-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett
Plotnikov-Cullen-Fehr

Maata-Letang
Dumoulin-Lovejoy
Scuderi-Cole

Zatkoff

Last edited:

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
i feel real good about tonights game….

yes, he's wearing pens colours. :laugh:

Nice clip, and I don't blame you for having a good feeling about tonight's game, because I think we've managed to match up well against the Penguins on home ice even when we were playing worse than we are this year. I don't want to jinx anything, but I do think that the Devils can do well in this game and potentially sneak past the Penguins if they do. It's an important game, so hopefully the Devils come out ready to work and win.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Nice clip, and I don't blame you for having a good feeling about tonight's game, because I think we've managed to match up well against the Penguins on home ice even when we were playing worse than we are this year. I don't want to jinx anything, but I do think that the Devils can do well in this game and potentially sneak past the Penguins if they do. It's an important game, so hopefully the Devils come out ready to work and win.

it is an important game. vault right into wild card spot. (yeah, yeah……might not be a playoff team….long season…….)

still good to see the team complete well and bring back the positive attitude…last year sucked hard

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
it is an important game. vault right into wild card spot. (yeah, yeah……might not be a playoff team….long season…….)

still good to see the team complete well and bring back the positive attitude…last year sucked hard

Actually already in a wild card spot. Regulation win tonight has us leap frog Pitt who has the 1st Wild Card spot and put us tied in points with the Isles.

Actually we would be 3rd in the Metro due to a game in hand on the Isles.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
We're really talking about playoff position? In the Fall?

Jim Mora is rolling in his grave (yes, he's still alive).

"You kidding me? Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game! Another game!"

LGD!

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don't like Slapshot. It's a caricature of hockey, like someone who never watched a hockey game decided to make a movie based on exaggerated stories they heard. I mean it's funny and everything, but I think it's more making fun of hockey than anything else. I don't really get why it's such a cult classic.

Miracle is a REAL hockey movie.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not surprised they start MAF against the piece of ****ing **** Blue Jackets, then start their backup against us.

Since so many people ridiculously overrate that suckass team, even people all the way in Antarctica, I'm sure the hype for that worthless sack of **** team is past zombie apocalypse infection process in the closest NHL city to Columbus.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Can't wait to hear what Valquette says about Cory. Over/under on him suggesting we still trade him.

There is no one in hockey that I hate more than than him. What a pretentiousness, without cause D-bag. You should have done something in your life before you have an attitude like that. He's always been a loser

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Have ****ing had it finally with that Peter Pan ''When you're Peter Pan, you stay young forever'' commercial.

**** off with that commercial already!:rant:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad