Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
I'm NOT calling him a bust not even remotely close.

What I'm saying is, he wasn't the best player available at the time and that was obvious. And he's not going to be better than McAvoy or Chychrun.
It is one year after they were drafted...Chychrun does not seem to have high end potential either, more of a mid pairing guy so I don't see how he can't develop into a higher end player.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It is one year after they were drafted...Chychrun does not seem to have high end potential either, more of a mid pairing guy so I don't see how he can't develop into a higher end player.

Jim's just bored and fishing again now that Mueller looked good in preseason and put that argument to rest (at least temporarily).

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Chychrun 6'3 200 at 18 years old just put up 20 points in 68 while averaging 16:40 ATOI and you think he doesn't have high end potential? That's a tough argument to make.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
If Bratt hits and sticks this season as a competent full time NHL player he dramatically changes the team calculus. Another LW? Hopefully he can play RW. When Zajac returns team could potentially have three centers and 4 LW with Hall MarJo RICO and the Bratt. It would be great if one of the LW could be viable at RW.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If Bratt hits and sticks this season as a competent full time NHL player he dramatically changes the team calculus. Another LW? Hopefully he can play RW. When Zajac returns team could potentially have three centers and 4 LW with Hall MarJo RICO and the Bratt. It would be great if one of the LW could be viable at RW.

A lot of European players can play both.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey

Bratt played a good amount of RW last season for AIK, so he's more than capable of swapping to the right side. He just bounced around the line-up a lot last season. It may have been mentioned before, but if Bratt is to go back to London this season, I would expect him to play RW because of team depth and whatnot.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Bratt played a good amount of RW last season for AIK, so he's more than capable of swapping to the right side. He just bounced around the line-up a lot last season. It may have been mentioned before, but if Bratt is to go back to London this season, I would expect him to play RW because of team depth and whatnot.
He also played RW in at least one of the preseason games and didn't seem out of sorts.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Hopefully Stafford is healthy and scores well so they get a second for him and Bratt forces his way into the 2RW slot by the end of the year.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Consider some of Bratt's best passes in the preseason were backhands, if he has experience position ally playing RW things shouldn't change much.

Sheros expletives

Jan 9, 2014
I read a nice article in Sweden about Bratt using a mental coach during offseason, helping him perform at training camp. If i find the time or energy to translate it i can post it later.

Reactions: theoptimist

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Gut feeling is he sticks in NJ for the whole season. His speed, skill, intensity, versatility, and PK ability is a coach's dream. I think he'll be up and down the lineup doing a little bit of everything. Some PK, some PP, some top 6 duty, some 4th line duty. Would I be surprised if he looks overmatched and I'm dead wrong? Not really, he's small, young, and a late round pick. But based on what I've seen, the kid is ready. He was that good in preseason.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Gut feeling is he sticks in NJ for the whole season. His speed, skill, intensity, versatility, and PK ability is a coach's dream. I think he'll be up and down the lineup doing a little bit of everything. Some PK, some PP, some top 6 duty, some 4th line duty. Would I be surprised if he looks overmatched and I'm dead wrong? Not really, he's small, young, and a late round pick. But based on what I've seen, the kid is ready. He was that good in preseason.
Yeah the only question is can he sustain that level of play.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Jim's just bored and fishing again now that Mueller looked good in preseason and put that argument to rest (at least temporarily).
I don't think Mueller has looked that good either but not a fight worth having now. By your comments, *at least temporarily" I think you know it too

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I don't think Mueller has looked that good either but not a fight worth having now. By your comments, *at least temporarily" I think you know it too
Of course you do not think he looked good while everyone else with a set of eyes saw a solid camp from him.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Of course you do not think he looked good while everyone else with a set of eyes saw a solid camp from him.

I don't think it was bad. I wouldn't call it great. I think he played an overly simplistic game in relatively easy situations. I don't think the devils faced more than 20 shots during his preseason games because the forwards were so dominant. I don't think we really saw much of anything to evaluate in all honesty.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

No, it was more so that I know as soon as he screws up you'll stoke the fires of that argument again.

But none of this has to do with Bratt, so I'll leave it there.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
No, it was more so that I know as soon as he screws up you'll stoke the fires of that argument again.

But none of this has to do with Bratt, so I'll leave it there.

I never do that... especially to young players. I expect all Defensemen to make mistakes and I expect young ones to make even more.

I think Bratt has been awesome but my gut feeling is he'll be back in junior after 9 games.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Chychrun 6'3 200 at 18 years old just put up 20 points in 68 while averaging 16:40 ATOI and you think he doesn't have high end potential? That's a tough argument to make.

What if I changed his name to Adam Larsson?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Enough with this....having the same ridiculous argument in two different threads is outright spam. Back to Bratt on the day he's making his NHL debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad