Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
May have been his worst game of the season, still picked up an assist and was dangerous on a lot of shifts.

12 points in 13 games, 76 point pace. :laugh:

Reactions: Dialamo and glenwo2

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
His hockey IQ is simply too high for him to go into a deep slump. Even when he's not producing he can make other things happen. Mix incredible smarts with high end talent and you have a special player in the making.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
He reminds me of Zuccarello. Unbelievable hands along with an off the charts IQ. Of course, he's bigger than Zucc which is a nice bonus. Man, I wish the Devils would've canned Lou and Conte a couple of years early, doubt Carstron would've wasted picks on Chathams, Baddocks, Rehills...that was basically a whole draft of wasted picks.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Just saw that Bratt’s on-ice shooting percentage at even strength is only 9.2%, which is actually in the lower half of the team.

So he’s not riding some crazy freak percentages, like several others. His individual shooting percentage is still 23.8% but he’s been averaging a lot of shots his last several games. I don’t think he’ll score 76 points or whatever he’s on pace for, but he’s arguably been our best player, behind Hall. His play and production is definitely worth the heaviest of praise. I was not sure what we’d get out of him after preseason. I figured maybe he had overachieved in the preseason. That was definitely not the case.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
He reminds me of Zuccarello. Unbelievable hands along with an off the charts IQ. Of course, he's bigger than Zucc which is a nice bonus. Man, I wish the Devils would've canned Lou and Conte a couple of years early, doubt Carstron would've wasted picks on Chathams, Baddocks, Rehills...that was basically a whole draft of wasted picks.
we should've had brayden point

all of us were screaming for him and then....

chatham.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
His hockey IQ is simply too high for him to go into a deep slump. Even when he's not producing he can make other things happen. Mix incredible smarts with high end talent and you have a special player in the making.

If he doesn't go to the front of the net after bringing the puck into the zone, Greene does not score that goal.

Him and Nico just amaze me with the little plays like that they make.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
When Zajac and Palmieri are playing can we have a kid line with PZ-Nico-Bratt? Please? Just for a couple of games? MarJo and Rico can play with STAFFORD so a kid line will work. Please? Just think how much fun it will be and Nico and Brattman get PZ rolling I think.

Reactions: EdisonDevil

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
When Zajac and Palmieri are playing can we have a kid line with PZ-Nico-Bratt? Please? Just for a couple of games? MarJo and Rico can play with STAFFORD so a kid line will work. Please? Just think how much fun it will be and Nico and Brattman get PZ rolling I think.
Ditto!

Hall-Zajac-Palms
Mojo-Henrique-Stafford
Zacha-Nico-Bratt
Wood-Boyle-Gibbons

Defense:

Who gives a shit. Outscore errbody!

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
It'd be a real shame to break up the Hall-Nico-Bratt line for Palms and Zajac. As much as I love the vets, Hall with the rookies looks dynamic every time they are on the ice. Bratt is a top 6 player RIGHT NOW, until he falls off a cliff production wise, he has earned it. The rookies are setting Taylor Hall up for goals, with Zajac and Palms, Hall has to carry the line, with the rookies (because of their skating ability) they will be able to feed off one another.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Yeah, the Hall-Nico-Bratt line was dynamite yesterday and I have a sneaking suspicion they could continue that if that line remains in tact.

Reactions: trufleshufle13

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
There really weren’t many opportunities to use him more. Kid is seeing plenty of ice time. I guess you could try switching him and Palms.
Should have been on the #1 power play (was 8th in PP time tonight), and I don't think he played enough 5on5 in the third.

Reactions: PrinceSexyHenrik

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's playing like a legit top 6 player right now, even though it's still early. He even has one of the lower even strength on-ice shooting percentages on the team, so it's not like he's riding some crazy percentages. It's not the lowest, but it's in the bottom half of the team. The only crazy number is his shooting individual shooting percentage, but it's normalizing with his increase in shots on goal. Before tonight, he's been averaging at least 3 shots on goal, for 4 games in a row. He only had one last night. Maybe his power play production is something unsustainable, but I don't care to even analyze special teams stats, as they're random and usually a very insignificant sample size, in comparison to the rest of the game.

He's looking legit at every metric right now. If anything, his points per 60 is probably out of control and crazy high. He doesn't really play enough. When Zajac comes back, we really need to start giving Bratt more ice time than Henrique.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
His medical condition is being drafted as a sixth rounder.

I was at the game on Thursday and I'm even more impressed in person. You don't get a sense of how deceptive his speed is until you're close to ice level.

Reactions: glenwo2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad