Prospect Info: #162 LW Jesper Bratt

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidkosher

Nov 21, 2016
Evident in the past 2 drafts. The Devils are about to be a helluva lot more European. 11 picks in the past 2 years from over seas. Pavel was the first non NA pick since Gavrus in round 6 TWENTY FRICKEN TWELVE. Scouting and drafting has changed and I like the risks we are taking on slightly overlooked prospects

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Evident in the past 2 drafts. The Devils are about to be a helluva lot more European. 11 picks in the past 2 years from over seas. Pavel was the first non NA pick since Gavrus in round 6 TWENTY FRICKEN TWELVE. Scouting and drafting has changed and I like the risks we are taking on slightly overlooked prospects
I'm guessing this was a financial thing under previous ownership.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The Devils are about to be a helluva lot more European.

I'm currently loving how over half (13/22) of the current Devils are American.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure New Jersey must be the most American team in the NHL.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Lets see how many I can guess without looking...

Butcher
KPalms
Stafford
Greene
Wood
Coleman
Lovejoy
Prout
Santini
Severson
Moore
Kinkaid
Gibbons

A bunch of those are guesses, but obviously not Bratt, Hischier, Mueller, Zacha, or Johansson. I don't think Hall's played for team Canada, but I'm pretty sure he had a monster year in the CHL before being drafted, and I think Henrique was on his line too. So that's six. Noesen I'm guessing is European based on the name, but other than that I have no idea. Boyle I don't remember but I think he's Canadian for some reason. Moore I'm going with American because of his dad's interview last night. That was so awesome.

Edit: Damn, I was all over the place. Boyle and Noesen are both American. So is Schneider. How did I forget that.

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Lets see how many I can guess without looking...

Butcher
KPalms
Stafford
Greene
Wood
Coleman
Lovejoy
Prout
Santini
Severson
Moore
Kinkaid
Gibbons

Severson is Canadian. Take off Prout too. The name Dalton Prout just screams Canadian to me.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I posted this in the other thread, but it looks like Bratt has a brother unicorn in Daniel Alfredsson

Draft +2 year Alfredsson put up 61 points which is roughly what Bratt is on pace for. I'll sign up for an Alfredsson-like career from Bratt.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I posted this in the other thread, but it looks like Bratt has a brother unicorn in Daniel Alfredsson

Draft +2 year Alfredsson put up 61 points which is roughly what Bratt is on pace for. I'll sign up for an Alfredsson-like career from Bratt.

And Alfredsson was 22 at the start of his rookie season, not 19 like Bratt.

Reactions: Blender

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I had made a comment a few months ago that this team appeared to be less and less European every year. I was wrong in thinking that was Shero's doing. He is now expanding the team's scouting presence in Europe and it's paying off already.

I'm not saying the team HAS to be more North American or European... but we should be open to drafting/selecting the best available player no matter where they are from.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I had made a comment a few months ago that this team appeared to be less and less European every year. I was wrong in thinking that was Shero's doing. He is now expanding the team's scouting presence in Europe and it's paying off already.

I'm not saying the team HAS to be more North American or European... but we should be open to drafting/selecting the best available player no matter where they are from.

Europe seems the place to find these diamonds in the rough because players don’t seem as well scouted or are just being overlooked a bit.

Reactions: glenwo2

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Europe seems the place to find these diamonds in the rough because players don’t seem as well scouted or are just being overlooked a bit.

Plus it's a little hard to gauge players who have different roles there, or are in different leagues who you have no idea how those players will translate over. With the Canadian junior leagues and the American programs you have more of an idea how they translate to the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad