GDT: 160319 Sharks vs Rangers 1pm PT CSNCA

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Upside? How is he not one now? I mean, sure, he needs to continue what he's been doing over a longer period, but it sounds like you're saying is upside is what he is now.

I think he can still round out his game and be a little more aggressive. You get a bottom pairing dman out of a late round pick that's a win.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That was such a fun game to be at. I loved watching the sad Rangers fans leaving early. Sharks dominated from start to finish, dominated on the scoreboard, and I even got to see a Dan Boyle goal. :D

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
That was such a fun game to be at. I loved watching the sad Rangers fans leaving early. Sharks dominated from start to finish, dominated on the scoreboard, and I even got to see a Dan Boyle goal. :D

Glad you got to go to that game. That game was so good I came home and watched most of it again while reading this thread. :yo:

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
A Vlasic-less Sharks team holds a team above them in the standings to 1 goal with Dillon-Polak as the 2nd pair.

What a time to be alive.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
So burns and martin ws the 3rd pairing? Or was braun and demelo?

Burns Martin was the 1st. DeMelo-Braun was the 3rd.

Although the DeMelo-Braun pairing was out there quite a bit in the 3rd IIRC.

And Kurz's latest tweet about Hertl had quite the typo :laugh:

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Glad you got to go to that game. That game was so good I came home and watched most of it again while reading this thread. :yo:

I was so hyped. I still can't stop smiling. There's nothing like a great live hockey game. Crowd was pretty good.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but all things considering, he was pretty good. Many other goalies would have given up six or seven goals.

Lundqvist was amazing in the first and second. It could have been 5-0 through two periods.

This is what I mean when I say the Rangers aren't good.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I was so hyped. I still can't stop smiling. There's nothing like a great live hockey game. Crowd was pretty good.

Lundqvist was amazing in the first and second. It could have been 5-0 through two periods.

This is what I mean when I say the Rangers aren't good.

Crowd was energized, but idk if I would call them good when 1/4 of them were Rangers fans lol

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So when leading in the third period this year, the Sharks have 60% of high-danger scoring chances, by far the best in the league (50% would be considered amazing). When trailing in the third they have 65% of high-danger scoring chances, also the best in the league (although this one is not by far). They're about league-average when tied in the third but overall, score-adjusted the Sharks have 57% of high-danger scoring chances in third periods, significantly better than the 2nd best team. This team is so good in the third. That's so awesome. It'll be so important in the playoffs. Get a lead and then dominate.

Here's a funny thing that's actually not so funny. The Sharks are the 4th best score-adjusted Fenwick team in the league. The three teams above them? LA, Anaheim, and Nashville. AKA the only three teams it is mathematically possible for the Sharks to face in the playoffs. That's such classic Sharks. :shakehead

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Here's a funny thing that's actually not so funny. The Sharks are the 4th best score-adjusted Fenwick team in the league. The three teams above them? LA, Anaheim, and Nashville. AKA the only three teams it is mathematically possible for the Sharks to face in the playoffs. That's such classic Sharks. :shakehead

So, smooth sailing after the third round, eh :laugh:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but all things considering, he was pretty good. Many other goalies would have given up six or seven goals.

Sarcastic and not. Lundqvist is an amazing goaltender, but too frequently he is a guy who just can't make "the save" necessary. Ward's 2nd goal was the back-breaker, and one a goalie has to stop everytime...not to mention his failure to read the play on Hertl's goal.

Lundqvist is making 10 million this season. The standards are very, very high...

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So, smooth sailing after the third round, eh :laugh:

Bring on Chicago and Washington! We could definitely beat the Caps and the Hawks have been sneaky bad for a while now.

Unfortunately, we will have to go through LA and Anaheim, which I'm not confidant about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad