GDT: 160319 Sharks vs Rangers 1pm PT CSNCA

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not sure there's a team I enjoy watching getting run over as much as the Rangers. I probably shouldn't want you guys picking up points but damn was that enjoyable.

DrFeelgood

Chairman Meow
May 8, 2006
San Jose, CA
Great game from the Sharks. Outside of the Dillon misplay on the 2-1 and a few other odd man rushes, the team played great for the full 60 minutes. Lundpads kept them in it for the first 2 periods.

RainbowDash

20% Cooler
Jan 25, 2010
Equestria
You know, the big stark different between this DeBoer team and TMac is that TMac would have continued to make all the forwards carry the load by keeping it down low and then do absolutely have no solution to the shooting lanes evaporating or continue to play on the perimeter hoping something develops. Pretty much, shoot and hope it gets on net and sweep the trash in. If it doesn't get there, go back on defense. Its pretty much a special team dependent team, and the PK of it sucked ass.

TMac would have coached this team to get scored on every oddman rush against.
The sad part about all this is that Demers would have thrived under this new system.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Great game from the Sharks. Outside of the Dillon misplay on the 2-1 and a few other odd man rushes, the team played great for the full 60 minutes. Lundpads kept them in it for the first 2 periods.

When you play as aggressive as San Jose plays you are going to give up odd man rushes from to time.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I remember being pretty worried early in the year when it seemed like the main way Deboer's offense worked was by funneling pucks through the point.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
can anyone comment on demelo and wingels' play? i didnt get to watch today.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
It was good to see Wingels call Zuccarello out. I think the call was more of the ref realizing he dove so he evened it up. Glass didn't really do anything, tbh.

He cross checked Wingels a few times when he had already was confronting Zuccarello, a bit a third man in as well. With how the rest of the game was call, I'll agree with your assessment though. So I guess without the scrum he caused, the refs wouldn't have had something to use to even it up.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I had a family obligation so I only caught parts of the 1st 2 periods.

Have to say, it is excellent to see Polak play so well for us. The team did not seem to skip a beat without Vlasic. The Dillon mistake on the 2 on 1 was the only thing that stood out as a poor play.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I think that we're watching Demelo emerge as a legit NHL defenseman. Dunno what level he's at but I think it's enough that would convince me to let Polak walk in the offseason.

Honestly, it befuddles me how much he's improved over the last two years. I remember talks of him being a meh AHL player last year and I remember when he got here, he had to have been one of the worst defensemen I've ever seen dress for the Sharks...and now he's pretty competent.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think that we're watching Demelo emerge as a legit NHL defenseman. Dunno what level he's at but I think it's enough that would convince me to let Polak walk in the offseason.

Honestly, it befuddles me how much he's improved over the last two years. I remember talks of him being a meh AHL player last year and I remember when he got here, he had to have been one of the worst defensemen I've ever seen dress for the Sharks...and now he's pretty competent.

Wish one of Polak or DeMelo were LHD so that we could trade Dillon at this point. He has good games here and there but he is not good most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00