GDT: 160218 Sharks @ Panthers 4:30pm CSNCA

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
raise your hand if you think stalock would have been within arm's length of making that OT save

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Eat **** Potvin, you insufferable shill.

Yea he is the worst I've ever heard no joke. He was begging for penalties every two seconds and complaining about every single thing the refs did. Literally removed the enjoyment of watching hockey.

How was such a good player this big of an idiot?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think after every thornton assist the goal scorer needs to get down on his knees and thank master Joe. Cause this is getting ridiculous.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
raise your hand if you think stalock would have been within arm's length of making that OT save

If he didn't, it probably would have been the defense's fault.

I do agree that Jones wasn't tested much tonight, that's why he should be able to play tomorrow night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I had to watch the Panthers feed tonight too, since Fox Sports Florida is local for me.

I used to not like Steve Goldstein the play by play guy much, but he's growing on me.

Potvin has become brutal, I used to like him. But he's too much of a homer, even most Panthers fans I know can't stand the guy anymore.

He already got himself in trouble with those comments about the Sedin's a month or so ago.

No doubt it will happen again.

I used to dislike Bill Lindsay too, but I kind of miss him now. They pushed him down to ice level when they brought Potvin back last year, then they brought down Randy Moller from the radio broadcast and put him down to the ice and let go of Bill Lindsay. I think Fox Sports made that call. Moller is good, Potvin has become intolerable though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kings are in their annual slide, it took a while to get there. Didn't they have like a zillion point lead on the division just a month ago?

And I heard Kopitar left the game when switching over during one of the intermission's of the Sharks game. Not sure if he ever came back.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement; interviews

Late announcement today, also will be late tomorrow.

SNOG time -

Sharks 2 (Donskoi and the Beaded dude not named Burns, so Thornton)
Panthers 1 (Jagr)

2-1 Sharks. Thornton, Couture, Bjugstad.

Sorry, rs414. No goalscorers for you. :(

SNOG%202016-02-18_zps1a7ppccr.jpg

First-half SNOG results

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Jan. 14 vs EDM| none | Sharks 2-1 SO
Jan. 16 vs DAL| none | Sharks 4-3 OT
Jan. 18 vs OTT| none | Senators 4-3 SO
Jan. 21 at ARI| Phu | Sharks 3-1
Jan. 24 vs LA| none | Kings 3-2 OT
Jan. 26 vs COL| none | Sharks 6-1
Feb. 2 at ANH| none | Ducks 3-2
Feb. 4 at STL| Futuristic, DefaultSharkie6 | Sharks 3-1
Feb. 6 at NSH| none | Predators 6-2
Feb. 9 at CHI| none | Sharks 2-0
Feb. 11 vs CGY| none | Flames 6-5 SO
Feb. 13 vs ARI| Coy, Jwec | Sharks 4-1
Feb. 16 at TB| Jwec | Sharks 4-2
Feb. 18 at FLA| HOOCH2173, TheJuxtaposer | Sharks 2-1 SO

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
1) Phu (3)
T-2) Gerbefied*, Jwec, Painful Quandary, rangerssharks414, TheJuxtaposer (2)
T-7) bluefunnel, CanadienShark, casubieowner, Coy, crzymexicanbeer, DefaultSharkie6, DuckEatinShark, Eid Ma Clack Shaw, Futuristic, HOOCH2173, jakeytown, magic school bus, Ser Jorah Mormont, Sleepy, SwolePatrol, The Great John Scott, T0uGh C0oki3, Weastern Bias (1)

*aka Joakim Ryan

--------------------------------------------

Paul Martin on TV intermission interview:

- Florida has some talented players, good mix, good depth similar to us, for the Sharks it's just making sure they're good on our clears, taking away time and space, managing the puck better
- [importance of neutral zone] trying to funnel them to the side and take away some of their space, make them dump it, make it hard for them to get in the zone and set up
- [on joining the rush] doesn't know what happened, the play just presented itself and he was able to get it low, hopefully they can take advantage of some stuff like that
- they need to keep the puck in deep, good when playing 5 on 5 in their zone, get traffic in front of the goalie and pucks to the net

Donskoi on radio intermission interview:

- [day off yesterday] they went to the beach, guys had fun, played volleyball, great time for the team to get together a little bit
- [not as much space as in Tampa game?] yes, physical opponent tonight, have to be much harder on the puck or else they'll lose it all the time and not get offensive zone time
- they talk about the game all the time, they know what they have to do, pucks behind the D and be more physical, they just have to execute

"great package on Joe Thornton" - Jamie Baker after they showed highlights of his three most recent assists

Pavelski on TV postgame interview:

- they didn't have they best game tonight at times, but Jonesy made some nice saves for them, they found the goal to get it back square, and he got one in the shootout
- puck was bouncing sometimes, ice wasn't great, but it's what they deal with sometimes throughout the season, boards were slow too
- Donny had a great move, Pavelski was just kinda watching, saw that Montoya was patient, thought if he waited him out he might stand up and open up the five hole
- Donny has been great for them, on the puck as much as anybody
- not much space out there, you looked up and they were on you, everyone was back, they defended well, one of those games you try to stay with it and hopefully get a break
- their team is just trying to get better each time, they've been really responsible playing pucks in, they've done it the right way, at times tonight maybe it got away from them in the neutral zone or they weren't working as well as they could, but that goes with the ice, pretty tough night, you just try to be strong on the puck, and the biggest thing is guys have been working hard

[I don't have the radio postgame. :(]

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Ducks will win the division and we will have to play the kings in the 1st round. ugh.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Can only hope Kopitar and Gaborik are out long term. I wish them a long and complete recovery.

Well, they're hoping Gaborik will be back for the playoffs. Not exactly a strong message that he'll be there and even if he was, he's probably not going to be himself. I don't think Kopitar's injury will be long-term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad