Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

SNOG 3-1 Sharks
Hertl, Ward, Karlsson
Tarasenko

Holy SNOGGINs Batman

Sharks 3: Marleau (i'm still pulling for you floyd), Karllson & Pavs

Blues 1: Statsny

No goalscorers for either SNOG, so we have two winners tonight!

[NOTE: If they should change credit for that goal from Bouwmeester back to Tarasenko, then Futuristic will have one goalscorer correct and therefore the sole win.]

SNOG%202016-02-04_zpsmkzd1xup.jpg

First-half SNOG results

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Jan. 14 vs EDM| none | Sharks 2-1 SO
Jan. 16 vs DAL| none | Sharks 4-3 OT
Jan. 18 vs OTT| none | Senators 4-3 SO
Jan. 21 at ARI| Phu | Sharks 3-1
Jan. 24 vs LA| none | Kings 3-2 OT
Jan. 26 vs COL| none | Sharks 6-1
Feb. 2 at ANH| none | Ducks 3-2
Feb. 4 at STL| Futuristic, DefaultSharkie6 | Sharks 3-1

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
1) Phu (3)
T-2) Gerbefied*, Painful Quandary, rangerssharks414 (2)
T-5) bluefunnel, CanadienShark, casubieowner, crzymexicanbeer, DefaultSharkie6, DuckEatinShark, Eid Ma Clack Shaw, Futuristic, jakeytown, magic school bus, Ser Jorah Mormont, Sleepy, SwolePatrol, TheJuxtaposer, The Great John Scott, T0uGh C0oki3, Weastern Bias (1)

*aka Joakim Ryan

Last edited:

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Jones on TV postgame interview:

- the Sharks were really good in the first 5 minutes and last 5 minutes of each period, which are important times in the game
- they've had success on the road, he thinks that's true with any team because the guys can bond and gel as a team
- [communication with D?] all year it's been good, they've done a good job around their net, that's something that Pete's focused on, clearly bodies out of the way, if Jones can see the puck he should save it more often than not

Nieto on radio postgame interview:

- [on his goal] he had a little room in the neutral zone, they wanted to play simple at that point of the game so he stuck it deep, they had a good forecheck, Wardo got in there, they came up with the puck, Burnzie had a shot on net, there was a scramble in front, Nieto found a way to get the puck and made a power move in front of the net
- [on going into the 3rd period with a lead] they're really confident right now, it didn't go away over the All-Star break, they know they can close out games, they're happy with the way the energy is right now and they just gotta keep it going
- [on Jones] whenever they need him, he's there, he makes highlight reel saves every night for them, he keeps them in the game, when a goalie is playing like that, it's hard not to get the win
- [on Ward] he's a great influence in the locker room, they're happy that they got him this summer, along the boards he's one of the strongest guys with the puck, it's fun to play with him because he's such a puck possession player, he's been nothing but great for them this year

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Anaheim passing us isnt a big deal because we're better on the road. Us passing LA could get us a playoff matchup against a Central Division wildcard.

Personally, I would rather LA lose. Winning the division would be nice and give them a lot of confidence.

Only got to see the 2nd half of the game but I liked the way they battled and Nieto's goal was awesome. Totally shut the crowd off. Jones was lights out. Glad to see Donskoi and Thornton continuing their impressive production. Donskoi could finish the year with 20 goals.

Sharks were not good in the last 5 mins of the 2nd period, that was when the Blues scores and had a lot of sustained pressure. Come on Jones lol. That was the one part they didn't look good IMO.

MasterShake

Sep 16, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
I just watched the replay of the Thornton goal. It looked like Couture's hop made Elliot assume a shot was taken. It looked accidental but that would be a pretty clever strategy for a screen play.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I just watched the replay of the Thornton goal. It looked like Couture's hop made Elliot assume a shot was taken. It looked accidental but that would be a pretty clever strategy for a screen play.

but then you get called patrick marleau and jeremy roenick rides your jock for the rest of your career.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Geez. Last time a Sharks vs Blues game was this low scoring was 3 years ago. GWG scorer? Tim Kennedy.

Most of the recent games between us are high scoring games, blowouts or close to blowouts.

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
If Jones has a good game and jakeytown isn't here to witness it, was it still a good game?

Nope! Lol. Of course I won't hesitate to say Jones had a good game when he does. He did tonight. But there's a long way to go to proving he was worth the draft pick in my opinion

jakeytown

Aug 10, 2011
El Paso TX
Geez. Last time a Sharks vs Blues game was this low scoring was 3 years ago. GWG scorer? Tim Kennedy.

Most of the recent games between us are high scoring games, blowouts or close to blowouts.

Haha I rember that game. And the awesome Kennedy gif that came with that goal too lol

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
Looked good against Anaheim just a bit rusty coming off the break.
Looked really good tonight, hopefully they can keep up the same play for the rest of the road trip, the month and the season.

Has DeBoer been shortening DeMelo late all season and I missed it or has it just been the last couple of games?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Good road win. That kind of defensive play by the team can beat a team like Chicago but the problem that could wear on them as time goes by is if they keep losing puck battles and races where they're not possessing the puck enough against the better teams. Counter hockey is not a sustainable model for winning hockey but in the short term, it can work out.

As for whether Jones is worth the 1st, I still say no. He's playing very well but I just don't think the value is there for any goalie to be given a 1st round pick in a trade. Teams should develop goalies and there's a fairly good supply of goalies in the market on a consistent basis when it comes to starters. Whether it's free agency, draft, or even in Martin Jones' case, undrafted free agency. I value 1st round picks tremendously so that plays a part and I don't value goalies in the trade market that much at all simply because a lot of goalies can do the job for the team if you build around them properly. I do understand the argument for those believing he is worth a 1st due to the future contributions that Jones will likely bring but I just don't think it's ever worth it.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Good game. Jones was nails.

Interesting state line, both Marleau and Wingels are -13 on the season, worse than Burns' -10.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Good road win. That kind of defensive play by the team can beat a team like Chicago but the problem that could wear on them as time goes by is if they keep losing puck battles and races where they're not possessing the puck enough against the better teams. Counter hockey is not a sustainable model for winning hockey but in the short term, it can work out.

As for whether Jones is worth the 1st, I still say no. He's playing very well but I just don't think the value is there for any goalie to be given a 1st round pick in a trade. Teams should develop goalies and there's a fairly good supply of goalies in the market on a consistent basis when it comes to starters. Whether it's free agency, draft, or even in Martin Jones' case, undrafted free agency. I value 1st round picks tremendously so that plays a part and I don't value goalies in the trade market that much at all simply because a lot of goalies can do the job for the team if you build around them properly. I do understand the argument for those believing he is worth a 1st due to the future contributions that Jones will likely bring but I just don't think it's ever worth it.

I understand your point, but at this point I'm very happy to have Jones on our team. It may have cost us a 1st, but I'm willing to forget the cost of him.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Why does Thornton only score when I'm not home to watch the game?

Unless the universe is trying to save me from running out of ye olde Joseph of Passington quotes

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
How did they look out there? Saw Nieto's hard working goal; thought that was pretty nice.

Intense and focused all game. Didn't really give an inch and it's nice to see a sharks team that can battle through the trap and hold play.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Why does Thornton only score when I'm not home to watch the game?

Unless the universe is trying to save me from running out of ye olde Joseph of Passington quotes

I'm sure he would have acknowledged trying to perform similar feats to his dear friend Sir Scott.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
This is something that has been happening all season. If the game is close, sometimes he hasn't even played in third period at all.

Which is why we need a solid addition to the d, if one of our top 4 goes down with an injury we are screwed. I'd like to see the team add a quality defenseman by the deadline. Not because I particularly dislike DeMelo, he's improved a lot, but because we desperately need depth and we need a player that the coaches will feel comfortable playing in high risk situations who can also add offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad