Blue Jays GDT: ('16 v2) Next Game:@TB| 1pm ET/10am PT | Happ vs Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscapeGoat

We The North
Mar 27, 2013
The Hockey Mecca
He went into depth at the beginning of the interview of why/how he slid and his interpretation of the rule.

He slide straight to the bag and didn't intend to injure Forsythe. We know.

He also said perhaps he did interfere with him. Is it okay to go straight for the bag with your legs and swipe with your arms? Seems like you're altering your path there.

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010
It shouldn't be a rule and I can't see how anyone who's played or been around the game long enough can defend it.

I have played all my life and always thought the slides they let go at 2nd were stupid. Guess I am in the minority on that. I also hate the "slides", or should I saw tackles that they allow (or allowed? think they changed it some) at home. Maybe it was because I was a catcher though, but I know a few people I went out of my way to injure because they tried to run me over at home instead of sliding. Now I have yet to see a replay of this slide, but if he went out of his way at all to disrupt the throw beyond sliding hard towards (and I don't mean he could knick the bag with his fingertips towards, I mean full on top of the bag) the bag, then I am fine with the call. Raising his arms a stupid amount and making contact would count as going out of his way imo. No need to take it that far just slide hard and make the guy have to jump enough to disrupt him that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad