GDT: #16 NJ (8-6-1) @ CHI (8-6-1) - 8:30PM Airwolf Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
This also may sound crazy, but Kalinin is a guy we need to sign long term.

If he starts putting in the quality chances he's getting, he's a 60pt power forward. He could get big $$$ in free agency. Sign this guy long term, he is the future face of this franchise, I have no doubt.

He didn't pick up the numbers in the KHL for three reasons
1. He is young
2. His game is designed for smaller ice surfaces than bigger ice
3. He needs to play with decent linemates

Shero made an amazing pickup. We all talk about the draft, but Free agency signings have definitely helped the Devils out more in the past than the draft.

Pump the breaks. We should all be thrilled in the scenario that he even turns into a top 6 player.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I think that if Kalinin keeps up his solid to good play, Shero will re-sign him, but I can't imagine Shero agreeing to anything long-term yet with Kalinin. Kalinin is looking like a good addition, but he's been here less than twenty games. I've defended him since he came over, so I'm not hating on him or anything, but I don't believe that he's earned a long-term contract yet.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
It's November. Why are we worrying about offseason moves?

(The main thing to me is that we keep Palmieri. And he's a RFA, so that shouldn't be too difficult.)

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
People need to stop comparing Kalinin to Zubrus.

Zubie was coming off multiple 50 point seasons when he came here. Kalinin is nowhere near as offensive as a prime Zubrus.

Nice addition, but not a long term top 6 option.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
People need to stop comparing Kalinin to Zubrus.

Zubie was coming off multiple 50 point seasons when he came here. Kalinin is nowhere near as offensive as a prime Zubrus.

Nice addition, but not a long term top 6 option.

Think people comparing him to Zubrus are comparing the style of game that they play based on what we've seen out of Kalinin thus far and not so much the production.

Way too early in Kalinin's career to come to any conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad