16.5% chance making playoffs

lunadio

Feb 8, 2006
Can't blame it on injuries every year us for 3 years just ridiculous other teams have them too look at Boston but they found ways to win Can't blame it on players they are all suppose to take next step alot of them are backwards but i think they are conditioned to fail cant handle pressure of must win only play lose after nothing left to play for .Can't blame it on goal tending forsburg and talbot have been super people say tight games but they aren't other teams let of gas and ottawa is able to make it close as for powerplay this pass back thing is the dumbest thing I have ever seen shows how defeated this team is Can't enter zone with speed and skill defenders just have that much more time to setup and make a wall at blueline dump and chase predictable is so easy to defend against and tires out your forwards prematurely sure ottawa has more talent now but they aren't using it properly Can't rely on flurries of chances and then play the rest of game like peewee hockey biggest thing I want to say is why are so many players playing bad all at same time it's to easy to blame one or two on losses and to much of coincidence all these players at same time they are pros .to me its coach he never changes anything just shuffles line plays zaitzev he must want to lose everybody on boards and podcasts and media are identifying same problems with this coach so Can't say we are all stupid and don't understand hockey we see on ice results analytics be dammed they don't win games . Ps. I love the sens feel bad for players and Dj wouldn't want anybody to lose job but he's just out of his league.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
1667747315213.png

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Luckily, it only takes a couple wins to drastically change those odds. Even had everything gone as we hoped, we were expecting to be fighting for, and maybe making the playoffs. We are only a couple of wins from getting back on that track.

Still a young team trying to develop an identity, trying to develop roles, and showing lots of potential. The long journey continues, im still excited.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
For those not wishing to read the OP, I think post #7 is focusing on the odds of making the playoffs which as of this date is 38% (according to MoneyPuck).

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Good coaches can cope with major injuries. When Crosby had some major injuries and Malkin was out, guys like Dan Bylsma got the Pens into a playoff spot with Jordan Staal as their only top 6 centre in 2011.

Injuries are a part of the game, and just being competitive in one goal games isn't enough anymore, not when we still have 4 legit top 4 wingers that are capable of scoring and are getting solid goaltending from Talbot and Forsberg (who's back may have been broken).

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Good coaches can cope with major injuries. When Crosby had some major injuries and Malkin was out, guys like Dan Bylsma got the Pens into a playoff spot with Jordan Staal as their only top 6 centre in 2011.

Injuries are a part of the game, and just being competitive in one goal games isn't enough anymore, not when we still have 4 legit top 4 wingers that are capable of scoring and are getting solid goaltending from Talbot and Forsberg (who's back may have been broken).
Those penguins teams were well coached but also loaded with veterans who knew what it takes to win.

We have hamonic, giroux etc who havent won shit

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
An extra 2 weeks on meaningful hockey is something. Happy to see forward progress.

They got to play meaningful games in October and the fist few days of November, which is an improvement over last year when they had no meaningful games in November.

Ottawa Proud.

It's not a vote of confidence, I'm just here to tell you I have confidence in the coach.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I don't car about making the playoffs this year. I want this team to take a step this year.

They clearly have

a step towards getting the coach fired.

They can't fire DJ because Dorion still has PTSD over the Hoffman/EK locker room and EK and the rest of the players like Methot and Phaneuf being mad at him that he won't do shit to upset Brady, and if Brady wants DJ too stay hen that's how it's going to be. Brady runs the team

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't car about making the playoffs this year. I want this team to take a step this year.

They clearly have
I think we need to see the results in the record otherwise the players may not feel the same way. I think it will come, they are playing well, clean up some situational stuff and get some bounces, the results will come. May not be enough for a playoff push this year thanks to our start but if we hit 85-90pts that will be enough to be seen as a step in the right direction. I just hope DeBrincat doen't want out.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I think we need to see the results in the record otherwise the players may not feel the same way. I think it will come, they are playing well, clean up some situational stuff and get some bounces, the results will come. May not be enough for a playoff push this year thanks to our start but if we hit 85-90pts that will be enough to be seen as a step in the right direction. I just hope DeBrincat doen't want out.

You think they are playing well?

Same old same old, they suck to start the game, they play ugly, the other team sits back to protect the lead and Ottawa pushes - everyone says we started so and found our legs late.

The biggest joke is the team is so flat at times, no push and no legs and on top of that they are trying tic-tac-toe passing plays that get broken up every PP - it's ugly because they don't have good energy and they play cute - horrible combination for such a historically bad team

Ottawa thinks they are good, but they are not - and the fact they don't start with just outworking teams and they want to turn Debrincat into a 60 goal score to prove how great they all are shows this team isn't mature enough and doesn't have the focus of a desperate team.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Only having a 12 point improvement after adding DeBrincat, Giroux and Talbot would be a big disappointment.

92 pts should be the minimum for this team. That would probably put them 4-8 pts outside a wildcard, which is close for meaningful games.

Means we need to go 42-29 the rest of the way.

lunadio

Feb 8, 2006
Ottawa needs 45 ( Wins) and can only lose (25) just to be in wildcard they are already 80% sure to not make playoffs that wheel is betting odds check wings percent only at 10 % with way better record then ottawa its not even accurate. It's ok I welcome new owners Pierre and DJ will be gone it needs to happen .I'm bummed another lost season gonna be more time before this team is better . debrincat is absolutely not staying here fans are delusional if they think he will sign oh and I'm guessing geroux will be asking for trade next year when under achieving again .

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Only having a 12 point improvement after adding DeBrincat, Giroux and Talbot would be a big disappointment.

92 pts should be the minimum for this team. That would probably put them 4-8 pts outside a wildcard, which is close for meaningful games.

Means we need to go 42-29 the rest of the way.
If we stayed relatively healthy, my expectations was a bubble team, so 96 pts or so. We've lost Norris potentially for the year but at best until Jan.

I think I'm being pretty realistic in hoping for 85-90 pts given we already lost major piece combined with a rough start.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
If we stayed relatively healthy, my expectations was a bubble team, so 96 pts or so. We've lost Norris potentially for the year but at best until Jan.

I think I'm being pretty realistic in hoping for 85-90 pts given we already lost major piece combined with a rough start.

I think that projection is realistic given how we've started, but it's the worst case scenario of what the Senators organization was hoping for. A 5 game losing streak in late February would have been different. In October/November – it's a disaster.

It means we won't see a big bump in ticket sales in the winter. There'll be no playoff race to get excited about and casual fans will start to tune out again.

Maybe we turn it around, but it has to start tomorrow and we need to be 6-3, at worst, through the next 9. Ideally 7-2.

If not, it all but assures that Dorion will be out when new ownership takes over ahead of next season. Pressure is certainly on. Mendes had a good quote: "In other words, it’s already gotten late pretty early in Ottawa."

It sucks for the die-hards who'll have to witness another year of development and moral victories, but we're probably in for another "reset" next summer. Hopefully the last one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loach

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia