Injury Report: 16-17 "Robidas Island": All Inhabitants have left the Island

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Like always - this is to cover all the injuries that occurs during the year (including the "omg someone got hurt during the game, doom, doom, oh there they are." - it's just easier to have it in one thread and usually, I (or a mod) keeps the first page updated and we just discuss as needed. (massive injuries do get their own thread at times)

Last year the person everyone those who would be on the list first was Joffrey Lupul.
(which. everyone lost because it wasn't :laugh:). We won't count Andersen or Horton but go from Camp onwards, - who will be the first person to be on the Injured Reserve/LTIR first?

------------------

Players we know who won't be here:
Stephane Robidas (long term injury/Gone)
Jared Cowen (LTIR regards of Arbitration)
Nathan Horton (LTIR)
Joffrey Lupul (Bob McKenzie says he's heard he has some "injury" issues).
Freddy Andersen (should be good to camp).

Last edited:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't even think Lupul will make it past an exhibition game.

If we're not counting Lupul because he's almost a gimme, I'll agree with Marshy and go with Michalek.

Mad Brills*

Cowen won't be on the leafs.

Either bought out or LTIR/marlies buried

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Lupul isn't going to dress again for the Leafs.

Giving Michalek's spotty health he'll be lucky to see 60 games this season. I do hope they find a way to move him over the next few weeks, even for a 7th. If not he's going to likely end the season on LTIR

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Lupul bought 2/3 of Robidas Island and is opening a yoga studio.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Lupul isn't going to dress again for the Leafs.

Giving Michalek's spotty health he'll be lucky to see 60 games this season. I do hope they find a way to move him over the next few weeks, even for a 7th. If not he's going to likely end the season on LTIR

I hope none of young gun prospects break their hand blocking a shot because then we are going to have to label them as having spotty health. :huh::huh:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Honestly I would have preferred he be healthy and waive him down to the minors. Gets 925k off the cap that we have room for rookie bonuses at the end of the year, and sure if he's actually not healthy they can LTIR him but that's extra cap that you can go over that doesn't help us when rookies hit their bonuses which get carried over to next year if we're using LTIR all year.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Kadri, concussion from passing out because he choked while eating a falafel.

Lol I just read the concussion part and nearly got a heart attack. Than read the rest of the post and had a good laugh. On a personal level I'm happy lupul won't be on the team, but I do feel bad for the guy, he was a good player for us and had his moments.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Honestly I would have preferred he be healthy and waive him down to the minors. Gets 925k off the cap that we have room for rookie bonuses at the end of the year, and sure if he's actually not healthy they can LTIR him but that's extra cap that you can go over that doesn't help us when rookies hit their bonuses which get carried over to next year if we're using LTIR all year.

Isnt this like Clarkson failing his physical. We can put him on LTIR and since his contract is insured the leafs won't have to pay him (insurance company will now have too)?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
For Lupul, his career is so much of a "what could have been" . Tons of talent, but terrible luck with health issues. Wish him luck if this is it for him.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Likely the plan all along. Show up to camp and "Fail the Physical."

Or he actually failed the physical.

If Lupul wants to play and feels like the Leafs and their doctors pulled a fast one, its doubtful he'll just go away quietly. But if he simply failed the physical and realizes he won't be able to play again, this will probably be the last we hear of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad