GDT: #15 Ducks @ Hurricanes | November 10th | 4:00 Pacific

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
lol. Well I did have a reputation when I played beer league to hit the glass a lot early on before I cared to control my shot. Teammates would be finishing up getting ready and hear pucks hitting the glass and be like "well, Brandon is out there taking shots".

Haven't played in quite awhile... I'd miss even the glass with Silf's stick lol. I do miss playing though. So much fun.

I'd be lucky to hit the ice with the puck at this point lol

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Suddenly Bieksa is +2. + last game too if I'm not mistaken.

Just stat watching, is he turning a corner or just lucky bounces?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Suddenly Bieksa is +2. + last game too if I'm not mistaken.

Just stat watching, is he turning a corner or just lucky bounces?

I thought he was solid last game, but it's just a product of being on the ice at the right time tonight. +/- is not a good statistic.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
At dinner at Texas Roadhouse. And of course they seat me right under the one TV showing the Ducks game, and I have to stare straight up. Obviously they have to put the Kings game on the big screen.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
I've enjoyed the growth of Manson. Definitely a solid 3/4 that does everything well enough to compliment his partner. He has a decent outlet pass, can skate, lay the body, and fight. I like it.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Probably not, especially at that price. I just don't think Boll is on the ice enough, and he doesn't seem particularly intimidating.
He's lost most of the fights I've seen him take. He's one of the last real enforcers in the league, and he's not even doing that job well.

I haven't been able to watch us play the last two days. How has Lindholm looked so far in his return? And is he playing with Bieksa again?

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
With Manson and Crammer on this team, do we really need Boll?

Boll was brought in for the 'fans'. Entertainment value.

The problem is that we have better options for winning games. This isnt the early 90s squad that needed to entertain. Whatever size our fanbase is, we care about salaries, CORSI, and we watch out of market games. We discuss players with international fan bases. Thats a whole different world than the 90s.

We did not need Boll. He is a relic.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

The problem is that we have better options for winning games. This isnt the early 90s squad that needed to entertain. Whatever size our fanbase is, we care about salaries, CORSI, and we watch out of market games. We discuss players with international fan bases. Thats a whole different world than the 90s.

I don't think Boll has 1 fan here.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Probably not, especially at that price. I just don't think Boll is on the ice enough, and he doesn't seem particularly intimidating.

Well, that's what chaps my ass the most, he hasn't intimidated anybody since being here, yet that was his only reason for being here. We have two guys who can do that and skate regular shifts. But no, we have to sign Jared ****ing Boll to a two year one way deal. FFS :shakehead

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

Show me one fan in OC who said, "I'd attend more games if we could sigh a guy like Jared ****ing Boll".

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Ryan Reaves would look great in Anaheim. Great fighter and a very serviceable player too. And at a good cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad