GDT: #15 Ducks @ Hurricanes | November 10th | 4:00 Pacific

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
All right there, Ahlers, you're off the air, no need for the plugs. :sarcasm:

Hey my local cable company blocks Prime Ticket away from home(what's the point of an app then?). I can finally stream early games at work that aren't on NBCSN.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Manson is a beauty and such a steal. Bernier is to perfect backup. This team seems like they're having fun, yet being serious given post goal celebrations. Great vibe from the team now that all the off ice issues are settled.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Congrats to Getzy, next up - total points for the Ducks ;)

Manson is a beauty and such a steal. Bernier is to perfect backup. This team seems like they're having fun, yet being serious given post goal celebrations. Great vibe from the team now that all the off ice issues are settled.
Would it be crazy to think Anaheim would consider sending a late first (say 20 and later) to Vegas to keep them from picking Manson in the expansion draft? Would enable them to keep Fowler/Lindholm/Vatanen/Manson all together (assuming Bieksa waives/bought out).

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I just re-watched the game on Carolina feed, my god their announcers were refreshing for some reason.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Because they are middleweights

That's kind of irrelevant IMO. What he should be here for is not heavyweights. He should be here to be physical, mean, and stand up for his teammates. I lost a lot of respect for Boll after the LA game. He did nothing despite our players being constantly ran. Of all people, Bieksa had to challenge him. Boll can stay the **** out of the lineup if he's going to continue with that ****.

Also I'm not watching the game, is Silf looking as good as his stats line?

Yes, his best game of the year. Carolina is god awful though.

Anyone else notice Stoner has been making a lot of good outlet and small close passes lately?

Stoner has been terrific for several games now. He easily deserves to be in the lineup more than Bieksa does. Seems much more confident in everything he's doing. Good for him.

i've missed almost all of the past 2 games. How's Hampus and friends?

Rusty for sure, but the poise is there. Nowhere near the Hampus of the playoffs though. Not sure if it's the rust or since he's playing with Bieksa. Probably a bit of both.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Rusty for sure, but the poise is there. Nowhere near the Hampus of the playoffs though. Not sure if it's the rust or since he's playing with Bieksa. Probably a bit of both.

I'm thinking the problem is that Lindholm isn't as agile as Fowler, so he can't jump up on the play AND skate back in time to cover for Bieksa's lackadaisical pinches.

There's a little rust, but he's playing conservative on purpose - his passing is pretty much on par with his passing from the second half of last season.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
That's kind of irrelevant IMO. What he should be here for is not heavyweights. He should be here to be physical, mean, and stand up for his teammates. I lost a lot of respect for Boll after the LA game. He did nothing despite our players being constantly ran. Of all people, Bieksa had to challenge him. Boll can stay the **** out of the lineup if he's going to continue with that ****.

Yes, his best game of the year. Carolina is god awful though.

Stoner has been terrific for several games now. He easily deserves to be in the lineup more than Bieksa does. Seems much more confident in everything he's doing. Good for him.

The entire team has been playing bigger and with more aggression this year and part of that is because Boll is in the lineup. After his fight with Engeland you can see the entire team go crazy. Yes I was hoping he would have attacked the Kings player after the cheapshot but probably the entire team was directed not to as he was a small player that even Perry could have pummeled

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The new Fox Sports Go app is awesome for these 4:00 games.

Hey my local cable company blocks Prime Ticket away from home(what's the point of an app then?). I can finally stream early games at work that aren't on NBCSN.

I found this out a game before. So pissed Frontier doesn't support it outside your home. I was so upset.

The NHL app game video recap is in amazing quality, though. In 24p too! wow!

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
The entire team has been playing bigger and with more aggression this year and part of that is because Boll is in the lineup. After his fight with Engeland you can see the entire team go crazy. Yes I was hoping he would have attacked the Kings player after the cheapshot but probably the entire team was directed not to as he was a small player that even Perry could have pummeled

You're a lesson in confirmation bias. You see exactly what you want to see.

I see Boll not making a difference. Maybe that's confirmation bias from me too, but it's just as valid an argument as yours.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Boll is a limited nhl player who completely missed his chance in the last game. I can understand why a team needs someone like him but he is 13th forward unless you expect some bs.

I really liked how stoner has played and agree he gets it. Step up game and hope to get traded to a team that can afford you or spend next 2 years in minors.

Would love to keep him over Bieksa but that won't happen.

Team looks good. Really like what Richie is doing. Wish we could bump camarosa to 4th and have a real winger to play with rakell and vermette. Cammer thompson and Garbutt will be a nice 4th line.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Let`s keep calm, Carolina is one of the worst teams in the league.

PS
Sorry CI, it`s not against you :laugh: But Hurricanes do have the lowest win count in the league. I`m sure that team will improve soon but it is what it is right now.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Let`s keep calm, Carolina is one of the worst teams in the league.

PS
Sorry CI, it`s not against you :laugh: But Hurricanes do have the lowest win count in the league. I`m sure that team will improve soon but it is what it is right now.

good point. I like the direction the team appears to be going, but they have a lot of room for improvement.

btw, I guess Ahlers new favorite phrase is "50/50 puck".

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

I agree with this. Both the Lindholm and Stoner comments.

I'm thinking the problem is that Lindholm isn't as agile as Fowler, so he can't jump up on the play AND skate back in time to cover for Bieksa's lackadaisical pinches.

There's a little rust, but he's playing conservative on purpose - his passing is pretty much on par with his passing from the second half of last season.

And also agree with this. I thought Lindholm would be much worse. His passing is on point, he's stepped in rusty as hell and is probably our best passer from the backend already.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Is anyone else having difficulties watching the videos on NHL.com? For at least a few days now, I haven't been able to see any of the videos there... :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad