14-15 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League Part VII

Brain Sergeant

Squirrel!
May 28, 2007
Also, I am just not on this board as much anymore. Its overmoderated.

(Wouldnt be surprised if I got an infraction for this)

arsmaster*

Spice? What about a mandate each team must make a predefined number of trades including roster players each season.

I find myself content to see how my teams do. I inherited a team so I wanted to see how it did before I went crazy trying to change. Id say my only trade I've made is a big reason I'm in the top half (and Carey price).

Brain Sergeant

Squirrel!
May 28, 2007
Really we have all had our teams so long there is not a lot of reasons to make moves anymore. Then with new people coming in they have no attachment to anyone, are willing to make moves, but the rest of us see no need.

A complete restart would be interesting.

arsmaster*

The other pool I'm involved in on this board is suffering through the exact same thing. Maybe we could come together with more teams and a salary cap thus putting more actual demands on running the teams we have. Puts premiums on the right players and lends itself to teams constantly trying to improve and/or buying/selling. The way both leagues are structured very little happens outside the peripherals of our rosters.

Finding a way to make young players more valuable would also help (salary caps do this). The leagues become more intensive this way and weed out the folks who are only in it for the draft.

ubiquitous

*shink*
Aug 19, 2008
Prince George, BC
I have like no interest in setting lineups daily. It's a chore it's not fun. The only reason I didn't resign is because I figured no one else gave a crap and this league was dead man walking.

arsmaster*

I have like no interest in setting lineups daily. It's a chore it's not fun. The only reason I didn't resign is because I figured no one else gave a crap and this league was dead man walking.

Not to be jerk, but isn't that what you signed up for?

This league requires your lineups to be set every day...it's a pretty simple ask and just about every head to head hockey pool is structured that way.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Unless you're constantly adding/removing players, just set it a week or two in advance. I dunno, just doesn't seem like that much of a hassle.

But I agree that we need something to make the rosters be more dynamic. Right now there's really no reason to go out and improve once your keepers are good enough. It's also pretty hard for the bad teams to get better.

ubiquitous

*shink*
Aug 19, 2008
Prince George, BC
I signed up for it like five years ago when I was on a computer daily while a student. Now that I'm done with school I'm not on a laptop nearly as often, so it becomes a chore. Add a kid to the mix, and I guess you might say I'm evolving. But I understand your point, hopefully this illustrates my position. The fact that I gained friendships from this league makes it much harder to just quit when I should've probably last year.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I don't think a restart is enough by itself. That just resets the clock till we get settled in again and trades die down.

I do like the idea of mixing up the rules though akin to what Ars has suggested. A salary cap or something like that would make things more interesting and create more turnover.

I'm also with Ubi, I'm not a huge fan of setting daily lineups. I don't really derive any pleasure from it, and the strategy element it adds is pretty minimal (maybe a few times a year I change my lineup based on the current H2H score - for the most part, I could do it before the week anyway, in which case it's just about tedium). I would prefer setting them weekly (which adds a strategic element sometimes itself...e.g. 3 Crosby games vs 4 Forsberg games).

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I signed up for it like five years ago when I was on a computer daily while a student. Now that I'm done with school I'm not on a laptop nearly as often, so it becomes a chore. Add a kid to the mix, and I guess you might say I'm evolving. But I understand your point, hopefully this illustrates my position. The fact that I gained friendships from this league makes it much harder to just quit when I should've probably last year.

Didn't know you were a father. Congrats buddy.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Also believe that's what makes NFL pools so fun. It's essentially once a week where you set lines.

Maybe a smaller starting lineup and reserves could make for more turnover?

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
I don't think a restart is enough by itself. That just resets the clock till we get settled in again and trades die down.

I do like the idea of mixing up the rules though akin to what Ars has suggested. A salary cap or something like that would make things more interesting and create more turnover.

Not if we make it so you can only keep 3 players for a maximum of 2 seasons.

I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with? If you make it so you can only keep 3 players for a maximum of 2 seasons, then that's not "a restart...by itself." That was the point of my post. Your 3 players/2 seasons suggestion would fall under the category of "something that would make things more interesting and create more turnover."

Brain Sergeant

Squirrel!
May 28, 2007
I'm not sure what you're disagreeing with? If you make it so you can only keep 3 players for a maximum of 2 seasons, then that's not "a restart...by itself." That was the point of my post. Your 3 players/2 seasons suggestion would fall under the category of "something that would make things more interesting and create more turnover."

Im talking about re-drafting AND having that rule in place from the start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad