Post-Game Talk: #14 - 11/08/16 | canucks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
They thought the game was over before it started, clear as day. This upcoming road trip should tell us a lot about this team. We've been trailing off the past few games. Get this nice three day break and push forward.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
They thought the game was over before it started, clear as day. This upcoming road trip should tell us a lot about this team. We've been trailing off the past few games. Get this nice three day break and push forward.
Yeah that's how it seemed to me. Too fancy.

Zib is doubling Brass in points.
Brassard was my favorite Ranger but people are talking about him like he was Toews or something. Same things were probably being said about Brass when he started his career here.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
They had the nerve to lose a game?

WTF?

It's the way they lost. I'm not even close to "sky is falling" territory but this was a piss poor effort against a bad hockey team. Hopefully it was just due to the condensed schedule we've been playing recently. Don't think this is indicative of things to come, but I'm still traumatized from last season.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
Nucks fan meaning well. Just starting to catch up on the game after watching your elections.

Congrats on 90 years. I obviously knew it was a long time but I guess you never think about it until you see it in writing.

That's a pretty cool accomplishment I hope my team can achieve some day.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nucks fan meaning well. Just starting to catch up on the game after watching your elections.

Congrats on 90 years. I obviously knew it was a long time but I guess you never think about it until you see it in writing.

That's a pretty cool accomplishment I hope my team can achieve some day.

Thanks, but 4 cups in 90 years is pretty pathetic. And losses like today make me more pessimistic about us winning more. (I know it's one game).

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zibanejad and Kreider really need to be moved down, and I know Ziba had that late goal, but he's been terrible recently, same with Kreider.

Didn't get Vesey being benched, I thought he was one of the best forwards in this game.

Buch and Nash were both excellent. Besides them, no one played that well.

I'd have these lines next game

Buch-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Hayes-Zuccarello
Kreider-Ziba-Vesey
Grabner-Lindberg-Fast

Not liking Pirri's play. He's just not been good recently. Give Lindberg a few games.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Buchnevich was an animal tonight. Easily the best player on the ice for either side. Knew he would go off after getting that first goal. What he's doing now is just the tip of the ice berg, which is exciting part. We have an honest to god super star forward on our hands.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
It was their 7th game in 11 nights, it's to be expected. These guys are humans, not robots. They just played A LOT of hockey and are tired.

Agreed for sure, but it is also a sign that we will not be as effective when we get tired. And later in the season, we will be more and more of that.

Just saying, I love what we are doing, I love how all of the kids are looking, and so forth. But wouldn't count on us being a contender just now.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Buchnevich was an animal tonight. Easily the best player on the ice for either side. Knew he would go off after getting that first goal. What he's doing now is just the tip of the ice berg, which is exciting part. We have an honest to god super star forward on our hands.

Yeah, isnt it amazing? The sky is the limit for this kid and our Rangers. Hes a good passer as well with good vision, not just a good shot or good moves. Imagine if he becomes our Sydney?

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
It was a bad game. The last few haven't been that great, and this one did not go in our favor.

Good for them to get a few days off.

Stings to lose to such a bad team but whatever. These things happen

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It's the way they lost. I'm not even close to "sky is falling" territory but this was a piss poor effort against a bad hockey team. Hopefully it was just due to the condensed schedule we've been playing recently. Don't think this is indicative of things to come, but I'm still traumatized from last season.

In an 82 game schedule there will be some stinkers. The Rangers have been simply awesome so far.

If you were a Caps fan when the Rangers stormed from behind to beat them, you would have freaked out.

It's one game and an indicator of zero proportions.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I'm not saying he's the driving force behind it, but Zib and Kreider haven't looked good since the KZB line was broken up. AV just needs to spot that back together, but he'll need to break up everyone's favorite third line to do it. Vesey seemingly on a short leash right now, move him to the third line.

Kreider - Zib - Buch
Nash - Stepan - Zucc
Vesey - Hayes - Miller
Grabner - Jooris[if ready on Sat] - Pirri
Fast

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This pretty much sums it up

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Similar to last year, when their passing sucks they look terrible. Sometimes they do it to themselves, like this game, sometimes the other team forces them into bad passing. Their speed game relies on tape to tape smart stuff.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Great post.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Agreed for sure, but it is also a sign that we will not be as effective when we get tired. And later in the season, we will be more and more of that.

Just saying, I love what we are doing, I love how all of the kids are looking, and so forth. But wouldn't count on us being a contender just now.

The Florida Dylan move was not a Trouba kind of move - so I usually agree with @Ola`s content. ;)

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I don't even think they looked tired, they looked like the game was already won before it started. Maybe it's fatigue but it seemed lackadaisical.

Yeah, I don't buy the fatigue **** either. I mean I am sure they were tired overall, but that was not a game of fatigue. It was a careless, casual **** show of mistakes and blooper reel plays born from pure apathy. Nobody seemed to care if they won or lost and it was apparent from the drop of the puck.

Only a few players looked like they were even trying. Most of the rest of the team gets a pass due to their play previously which is really the only reasonable way of looking at this performance.

ZibJ is really the only guy I'm taking exception to because he's been fighting it for weeks now and not in that good way where the breaks will come eventually. Thankfully he's only one guy and he is bound to find his game. Kreider has cooled off, but I don't think he's been bad per se outside of tonight.

I think Skjei and Nash had the best games.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm not saying he's the driving force behind it, but Zib and Kreider haven't looked good since the KZB line was broken up. AV just needs to spot that back together, but he'll need to break up everyone's favorite third line to do it. Vesey seemingly on a short leash right now, move him to the third line.

Kreider - Zib - Buch
Nash - Stepan - Zucc
Vesey - Hayes - Miller
Grabner - Jooris[if ready on Sat] - Pirri
Fast

Honestly outside of last night, Miller, Hayes, Grabner and Stepan, Vesey, Nash have been too good to just break up because of a bad game or less than desirable metrics collectively. Hell even the 4th line with Buch on it has been strong. One of things I hate most coaches do is flop lines around to get cold players going and ruin chemistry other players are thriving off of. Although I would be okay reuniting KBZ because they probably should not have been broken up anyway when everyone was healthy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad